Myles Garrett reinstated by NFL

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've come across alot of 20-game suspensions for players hitting with a stick in hockey.

That's 1/4 of a 82 game hockey season. Garrett served a 6 game suspension which is 1/3 of an NFL season. You stated that you felt like 8 games was the right call. That's half the season...double of what they're giving in hockey.

Garrett was hit with a longer suspension than what they typically get in hockey, and that's specifically for those types of hits. There are plenty of hockey players who get jabbed in the ribs with a hockey stick. That's how many of those fights start in the first place. Those hits literally end up with players in the penalty box for 5 mins for fighting. 

My point is that the man was suspended for a 3rd of the season, that's longer than what hockey players are getting in a sport where you see that type of activity much more often. 

Myles swinging that helmet was ridiculous. But was it more dangerous than this "football play"? 

This hit could have killed Rudolph. 

Yes. It’s a lot more dangerous. Miles missed or Rudolph would of been in the hospital. 
as far as hockey the play I was thinking of is when McSorley pop the guy from behind with his stick in the face to try to get him to turn around and fight. Unfortunately it dropped him and his head hit the ice and he ended up with a major concussion. McSorley was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and suspended for the rest of the season as well as the playoffs and fined. I can’t find a play where a guy intentionally smashes his stick over another players head.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on.  It's not like he swung at Tom Brady.  

Assault with a deadly weapon gets you 6 games. smoking weed gets you half the season. Wtf

At minimum his suspension should've been 8 games. He should sit for the first 2 games next year.  Weak

32 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yes. It’s a lot more dangerous. Miles missed or Rudolph would of been in the hospital. 

But Myles didnt miss and Rudolph wasn't in the hospital. That's the point. However, you know where Mason ended up after that football hit??? 

The hospital.

And didn't play another snap the rest of the season.

Folks are creating their outrage. That's why I didnt entertain it the first time. 

Dude served his 6 game suspension. 

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

But Myles didnt miss and Rudolph wasn't in the hospital. That's the point. However, you know where Mason ended up after that football hit??? 

The hospital.

And didn't play another snap the rest of the season.

Folks are creating their outrage. That's why I didnt entertain it the first time. 

Dude served his 6 game suspension. 

He missed with the hard part of the helmet and contacted him with the bottom padding and you know if he hit him with the shell it would of dropped him.
My biggest issue with it is you receive a stronger suspension for smoking marijuana then you do for assaulting somebody with a deadly weapon. It’s asinine

Also I think I confused you with King P as far as my first response to you. 

8 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He missed with the hard part of the helmet and contacted him with the bottom padding and you know if he hit him with the shell it would of dropped him.

To be fair, im talking about what happened. You're mentioning how extreme it could have been had he been hit in a way that didnt happen. I'll give you an example.

You mentioned McSorley and how he was suspended for a year and charged with assault with a deadly weapon after trying to provoke a fight with an opposing player, and when the opposing player didnt respond to McSorley, McSorley hit him from behind when he wasnt looking, causing the guy to hit his head on the ice which gave him a major concussion. That's what you said you thought of, right? Well, that isnt even close to being comparable to what happened between Garrett and Rudolph. Garrett wasnt even the initial aggressor in the incident. 

1. Rudolph got pissed at a football play, proceeded to try and rip Garrett's helmet off but couldn't. (initial aggressor)

2. Garrett responded by ripping off Rudolphs helmet.

3. It could have ended here given that DeCastro was holding Myles and pushing him away from Rudolph and it's clear that Myles wasn't trying to force his way past DeCastro in order to get at Rudolph.

4. Rudolph then run's up on Garrett, who is not resisting being pushed away by DeCastro by the way, and places his hands on Garrett. (Rudolph's 2nd time being the aggressor)

5. Garrett swung the helmet and hit Rudolph with it in the head. 

6. Rudolph puts up his hands and turns around looking for a ref as if he didnt provoke that situation on 2 separate occasions, the 1st by trying to rip off Garrett's helmet because of a football play, the 2nd was running up on Garrett after DeCastro pushed Myles about 4 or 5 yards away from where the incident initially occurred and Myles was not showing any resistance to get around DeCastro, yet it was Rudolph who ran up on Garrett.

Rudolph didnt receive a concussion, he didnt bleed on the field, he didnt get dropped to the floor, he didnt go to the hospital and yet it was Rudolph who actually provoked the situation by trying to rip off Garrett's helmet because Garrett was playing to the whistle. Matter of fact, Rudolph never even left the game for a play, he took the 4th down snap to end the game. 

My biggest issue with it is you receive a stronger suspension for smoking marijuana then you do for assaulting somebody with a deadly weapon. It’s asinine

Also I think I confused you with King P as far as my first response to you. 

My biggest issue is that Mason Rudolph provoked that situation and didnt even miss a play on the field, let alone a suspension, yet folks feel like Garrett's suspension wasnt long enough when he was suspended for a 3rd of a season, longer than what you generally see in hockey, and he wasnt even the initial aggressor, all he did was make a football play and got attacked by the quarterback. 

My not so biggest issue are folks making it out to be more than what it was. Mason Rudolph doesnt get the "assault with a deadly weapon" victim treatment when he provoked the situation multiple times and afterwards was even able to stay on the field and finish the game. 

He doesnt get to play the victim role as if he tried to walk away from a fight and he got hit from behind with a deadly weapon and hit his head on the ground causing a concussion. 

That's not what happened. Rudolph reacted poorly to a football play that wasnt even illegal, and got dealt with poorly. 

Garrett should have gotten suspended for that, because he's responsible for his actions, but so is Rudolph who didnt even get a suspension for trying to rip off a players helmet which sparked what occurred afterwards...but would have been suspended had he rolled a joint. 

That is indeed asinine. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

To be fair, im talking about what happened. You're mentioning how extreme it could have been had he been hit in a way that didnt happen. I'll give you an example.

You mentioned McSorley and how he was suspended for a year and charged with assault with a deadly weapon after trying to provoke a fight with an opposing player, and when the opposing player didnt respond to McSorley, McSorley hit him from behind when he wasnt looking, causing the guy to hit his head on the ice which gave him a major concussion. That's what you said you thought of, right? Well, that isnt even close to being comparable to what happened between Garrett and Rudolph. Garrett wasnt even the initial aggressor in the incident. 

1. Rudolph got pissed at a football play, proceeded to try and rip Garrett's helmet off but couldn't. (initial aggressor)

2. Garrett responded by ripping off Rudolphs helmet.

3. It could have ended here given that DeCastro was holding Myles and pushing him away from Rudolph and it's clear that Myles wasn't trying to force his way past DeCastro in order to get at Rudolph.

4. Rudolph then run's up on Garrett, who is not resisting being pushed away by DeCastro by the way, and places his hands on Garrett. (Rudolph's 2nd time being the aggressor)

5. Garrett swung the helmet and hit Rudolph with it in the head. 

6. Rudolph puts up his hands and turns around looking for a ref as if he didnt provoke that situation on 2 separate occasions, the 1st by trying to rip off Garrett's helmet because of a football play, the 2nd was running up on Garrett after DeCastro pushed Myles about 4 or 5 yards away from where the incident initially occurred and Myles was not showing any resistance to get around DeCastro, yet it was Rudolph who ran up on Garrett.

Rudolph didnt receive a concussion, he didnt bleed on the field, he didnt get dropped to the floor, he didnt go to the hospital and yet it was Rudolph who actually provoked the situation by trying to rip off Garrett's helmet because Garrett was playing to the whistle. Matter of fact, Rudolph never even left the game for a play, he took the 4th down snap to end the game. 

My biggest issue is that Mason Rudolph provoked that situation and didnt even miss a play on the field, let alone a suspension, yet folks feel like Garrett's suspension wasnt long enough when he was suspended for a 3rd of a season, longer than what you generally see in hockey, and he wasnt even the initial aggressor, all he did was make a football play and got attacked by the quarterback. 

My not so biggest issue are folks making it out to be more than what it was. Mason Rudolph doesnt get the "assault with a deadly weapon" victim treatment when he provoked the situation multiple times and afterwards was even able to stay on the field and finish the game. 

He doesnt get to play the victim role as if he tried to walk away from a fight and he got hit from behind with a deadly weapon and hit his head on the ground causing a concussion. 

That's not what happened. Rudolph reacted poorly to a football play that wasnt even illegal, and got dealt with poorly. 

Garrett should have gotten suspended for that, because he's responsible for his actions, but so is Rudolph who didnt even get a suspension for trying to rip off a players helmet which sparked what occurred afterwards...but would have been suspended had he rolled a joint. 

That is indeed asinine. 

We obviously see the play in two completely different ways. I’ve already mentioned everything in the thread that you linked to this one. Miles was the original aggressor and kept going etc. 

36 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

We obviously see the play in two completely different ways.

I dont know why that's the case. Was the play illegal by Myles? Did Myles get flagged for the actual play? Did he land with his bodyweight on the QB? 

Miles was the original aggressor and kept going etc. 

What did Myles do to Rudolph after the play was over t(hat was outside of a football play) that happened before Rudolph's attempt to rip off Myles helmet. 

Should I link the video?

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont know why that's the case. Was the play illegal by Myles? Did Myles get flagged for the actual play? Did he land with his bodyweight on the QB? 

What did Myles do to Rudolph after the play was over t(hat was outside of a football play) that happened before Rudolph's attempt to rip off Myles helmet. 

Should I link the video?

Like I said we view it differently as does half the people that commented on it. You can go back into the linked post I started, it’s been debated to death there. 

38 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Like I said we view it differently as does half the people that commented on it. You can go back into the linked post I started, it’s been debated to death there. 

It doesnt matter what half the people said. This isnt about popular opinion. That's what's wrong with society. They dont believe what's in front of them, they believe what's popular. 

To prove that, if it was as clear as you and half of the folks who commented say that it is, you'd be able to simply point to it in the video. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

It doesnt matter what half the people said. This isnt about popular opinion. That's what's wrong with society. They dont believe what's in front of them, they believe what's popular. 

To prove that, if it was as clear as you and half of the folks who commented say that it is, you'd be able to simply point to it in the video. 

It is in the video. Miles started it, Mason reacted and lost. Miles was the cause of it.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It is in the video. Miles started it, Mason reacted and lost. Miles was the cause of it.

Can you provide the vid and give me a timestamp at the moment Myles stopped playing football and began to beat up on Mason? 

That should stop this back and forth between us, since there is a video of what happened...

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Can you provide the vid and give me a timestamp at the moment Myles stopped playing football and began to beat up on Mason? 

That should stop this back and forth between us, since there is a video of what happened...

When he hit mason after the balls is gone then wrestles to get on top. That started it. Mason reacted by grabbing outside his helmet not inside it ripping it off. After that Mason got his ass handed to him. 

20 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

When he hit mason after the balls is gone then wrestles to get on top. That started it. Mason reacted by grabbing outside his helmet not inside it ripping it off. After that Mason got his ass handed to him. 

Oh, you mean that football play that wasnt illegal nor received a flag by refs? A move where you can't tell whether he knew that the ball was gone or not, but simply wrapped him up and brought Mason to the ground, not even falling on Rudolph but having Mason fall on top of him in an effort to secure a sack if he did have the ball in his hands? 

Look, Mason got pissed behind a football play. Outside of that fact, the helmet hit STILL only came after Decastro pushed Garrett 4 yards away from where the initial confrontation occurred, yet it was Mason who then ran after Garrett. 

Garrett got suspended for a respectable amount of time, but Mason knows to not get too overly amp'd up over a legal football play.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Oh, you mean that football play that wasnt illegal nor received a flag by refs? A move where you can't tell whether he knew that the ball was gone or not, but simply wrapped him up and brought Mason to the ground, not even falling on Rudolph but having Mason fall on top of him in an effort to secure a sack if he did have the ball in his hands? 

Look, Mason got pissed behind a football play. Outside of that fact, the helmet hit STILL only came after Decastro pushed Garrett 4 yards away from where the initial confrontation occurred, yet it was Mason who then ran after Garrett. 

Garrett got suspended for a respectable amount of time, but Mason knows to not get too overly amp'd up over a legal football play.

He kept going after the play to get a dominant position. Mason reacted to it. Miles was in the aggressor. Miles has also done a few dirty places before this so it’s not the first time. 

44 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He kept going after the play to get a dominant position. Mason reacted to it.

Myles did not keep going after the play. The moment he got Mason to the floor he let him go. Mason reacted to the fact that Myles played until he got him to the ground. 

You keep ignoring these 3 parts, (2 I'll mention now), but im going to keep saying it.

1. None of the refs threw a flag for the football play nor did they say that it was illegal in any way. 

2. Mason reacted poorly to a "football play" by trying to rip off his helmet which "isnt a football play". 

Miles was in the aggressor. Miles has also done a few dirty places before this so it’s not the first time. 

Myles aggressively rushed Mason. You're absolutely correct in your assessment. However, the play was legal so it doesnt matter if you now portray him to be a dirty player. Dude could have been Vontez Burfict's cousin, the bottomline is that the football play was just that, a legal football play. 

The 3rd part is that even after Mason tried to rip off his helmet and and Myles instead pulled his off, DeCastro pushed Garrett a full 4-5 yards away from where they were. Mason Rudolph ran towards Garrett looking for some more smoke....and got smoked. Let me guess, it's Garretts fault that Mason ran after him too, correct? 

Sometimes, it's best to be pissed about a play, try to rip off someone's helmet, but if you don't succeed, let the big fatties up front handle it for you and you proceed to the next play. Instead Mason wanted to make it more than what it should have been, and unfortunately Garrett took it too far. But again, Mason Rudolph is no victim. I think it's safe to say that Mason wont over react to a legal football play again, even if he felt like Garrett should have let go. Let the refs handle that. He took matters into his own hands, and look what happened? 

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Myles did not keep going after the play. The moment he got Mason to the floor he let him go. Mason reacted to the fact that Myles played until he got him to the ground. 

You keep ignoring these 3 parts, (2 I'll mention now), but im going to keep saying it.

1. None of the refs threw a flag for the football play nor did they say that it was illegal in any way. 

2. Mason reacted poorly to a "football play" by trying to rip off his helmet which "isnt a football play". 

Myles aggressively rushed Mason. You're absolutely correct in your assessment. However, the play was legal so it doesnt matter if you now portray him to be a dirty player. Dude could have been Vontez Burfict's cousin, the bottomline is that the football play was just that, a legal football play. 

The 3rd part is that even after Mason tried to rip off his helmet and and Myles instead pulled his off, DeCastro pushed Garrett a full 4-5 yards away from where they were. Mason Rudolph ran towards Garrett looking for some more smoke....and got smoked. Let me guess, it's Garretts fault that Mason ran after him too, correct? 

Sometimes, it's best to be pissed about a play, try to rip off someone's helmet, but if you don't succeed, let the big fatties up front handle it for you and you proceed to the next play. Instead Mason wanted to make it more than what it should have been, and unfortunately Garrett took it too far. But again, Mason Rudolph is no victim. I think it's safe to say that Mason wont over react to a legal football play again, even if he felt like Garrett should have let go. Let the refs handle that. He took matters into his own hands, and look what happened? 

Like I said we view the play in different ways like half the people do. 

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I think could of been called for unsportsmanlike conduct after he kept wrestle after the play. The original hit would of been called like against a top QB. 

Okay, then it's settled. Since Mason isnt a top QB he's not going to get top QB calls. In otherwords the play was legal. 

Now that we've clarified that part, then I think it's rather safe to say that Mason was in no position to react as if he was a top QB in this league. Take your lickings and earn your stripes. 

At the end of the day, there was no flag on the play, and by your own admission, if there was a flag on the play it wouldnt have been because the play was illegal or dirty, but depending on who the quarterback was. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Okay, then it's settled. Since Mason isnt a top QB he's not going to get top QB calls. In otherwords the play was legal. 

Now that we've clarified that part, then I think it's rather safe to say that Mason was in no position to react as if he was a top QB in this league. Take your lickings and earn your stripes. 

At the end of the day, there was no flag on the play, and by your own admission, if there was a flag on the play it wouldnt have been because the play was illegal or dirty, but depending on who the quarterback was. 

He had a defensive end on top of him trying to get in a dominant position holding him down of course he acted on it. Miles could’ve simply made the hit and got up and walked away instead of wrestling him after he brought him to the ground. Nothing would’ve escalated after that. That’s why I say Miles was the original aggressor.

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He had a defensive end on top of him trying to get in a dominant position holding him down of course he acted on it. Miles could’ve simply made the hit and got up and walked away instead of wrestling him after he brought him to the ground. Nothing would’ve escalated after that. That’s why I say Miles was the original aggressor.

He isnt a top QB so the play was legal. Your words, not mine. 

Anything outside of that is called "excuses". 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He isnt a top QB so the play was legal. Your words, not mine. 

Anything outside of that is called "excuses". 

Getting a flag on the play and someone shoving you to the ground and holding you down is two different things. Miles was the aggressor.

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Getting a flag on the play and someone shoving you to the ground and holding you down is two different things. Miles was the aggressor.

No, Myles made an aggressive football play shoving/pulling Mason to the ground, which is what he gets paid to do. What you're trying to do is excuse the fact that Mason decided to take it out of the realm of football, and got more than he expected.

Remember when he got hit with the helmet and he put his hands up and looked at the ref? Well, if he felt like Myles take down was illegal or atleast worthy of a flag, then he could have done that exact same thing at that moment. He didnt have to pull at Myles helmet and try to rip it off. 

This was my problem with this conversation initially. Folks CLEARLY want Myles to take responsibility for what he did, which he should, yet folks are providing excuse after excuse after excuse for what Mason did to initiate that situation. 

If Myles took him to the floor, and Mason put his hands up and looked at the refs and then Myles got pissed at him for trying to force a flag and THEN ripped off his helmet then you would have a point. Myles made a football play, it doesnt matter how it's spun. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, Myles made an aggressive football play shoving/pulling Mason to the ground, which is what he gets paid to do. What you're trying to do is excuse the fact that Mason decided to take it out of the realm of football, and got more than he expected.

Remember when he got hit with the helmet and he put his hands up and looked at the ref? Well, if he felt like Myles take down was illegal or atleast worthy of a flag, then he could have done that exact same thing at that moment. He didnt have to pull at Myles helmet and try to rip it off. 

This was my problem with this conversation initially. Folks CLEARLY want Myles to take responsibility for what he did, which he should, yet folks are providing excuse after excuse after excuse for what Mason did to initiate that situation. 

If Myles took him to the floor, and Mason put his hands up and looked at the refs and then Myles got pissed at him for trying to force a flag and THEN ripped off his helmet then you would have a point. Myles made a football play, it doesnt matter how it's spun. 

Miles started it, Mason escalated it and the oline finished it. Everyone involved should of been suspended but Miles should have two more games. 

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Miles started it, Mason escalated it 

Exactly. 

That escalation, was what initiated everything that wasnt "football plays". 

You say Myles started it, okay. What he did was STILL a football play. Nothing about Mason's escalation you can tell me is football. 

Myles didnt get 2 more games, and Mason didnt get suspended at all. Oh well....

24 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

There have to be a reason why you are so passionate defending this scumbag after what he did even blaming the guy that got his with the weapon like he deserve it.  And this after he bring the race free access pass card with no evidence.  That definitely regardless of evidence will get some people on his side even what he did was in plain view wrong. 

45 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. 

That escalation, was what initiated everything that wasnt "football plays". 

You say Myles started it, okay. What he did was STILL a football play. Nothing about Mason's escalation you can tell me is football. 

Myles didnt get 2 more games, and Mason didnt get suspended at all. Oh well....

Mason should of been suspended for going after him after the lineman had him away. 
I understand why Mason went after Miles both times. It’s better to get suspended then act like a bitch and lose the respect of your team and the league. 
The sack was a football play. Wrestling and holding Mason down was Miles being Miles. He’s had issues in the past and I’m guessing he’ll have some in the future. OL, TE, RB etc are going to try to push his buttons to get him kicked out. 

54 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

There have to be a reason why you are so passionate defending this scumbag after what he did even blaming the guy that got his with the weapon like he deserve it.  And this after he bring the race free access pass card with no evidence.  That definitely regardless of evidence will get some people on his side even what he did was in plain view wrong. 

Hey neighbor! 🤣

I seen you around here reading. I knew it would only be a matter of time before you finally said something lol. 

This place is clockwork. 

This commissioner is a joke, and he is turning the entire league into a joke.  Whatever happened to the Patriots filming the Bengals, Browns game? Nothing...it is absolutely ridiculous how this league is run and the favoritism allotted certain owners.

As far as Rose, and Joe Jackson,  if guys like McGuire, Clemons, Sosa, and Barry(my head didn't get bigger) Bonds ever get elected into the Hall and Rose doesn't, that will be unacceptable. I personally don't want any of them elected, but if you put one in, you have to put them all in.

27 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Mason should of been suspended for going after him after the lineman had him away. 

Probably, but he wasnt. But that doesnt mean that Myles should have hit the man over the head with a helmet. None of these guys were responsible in this situation. 

I understand why Mason went after Miles both times. It’s better to get suspended then act like a bitch and lose the respect of your team and the league. 
The sack was a football play. Wrestling and holding Mason down was Miles being Miles. He’s had issues in the past and I’m guessing he’ll have some in the future. OL, TE, RB etc are going to try to push his buttons to get him kicked out. 

I guess Mason has the respect of the lockerroom now, which hopefully they'll tell him that it's better off just being a QB and staying on the field and letting the Olinemen fight his battles. 

Thanks for acknowledging that it was a football play. Myles does seem to have a bit of an edge to him, and he does play all the way through to the whistle, and I guess that can irritate. But just like you think other guys are going to try to push his buttons, it's also his job to push buttons of his opponent. Playing to the whistle or once he wraps you he's not letting go until he gets you to the ground is one way of doing that. 

Everyone in the league will push buttons. 

2 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

This commissioner is a joke, and he is turning the entire league into a joke.  Whatever happened to the Patriots filming the Bengals, Browns game? Nothing...it is absolutely ridiculous how this league is run and the favoritism allotted certain owners.

As far as Rose, if guys like McGuire, Clemons, Sosa, and Barry(my head didn't get bigger) Bonds ever get elected into the Hall and Rose doesn't, that will be unacceptable. I personally don't want any of them elected, but if you put one in, you have to put them all in.

Who's the commish for the MLB? We need to get that guy. The Astros are getting all kinds of heat thrown their way for cheating.