Myles Garrett reinstated by NFL

41 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

This commissioner is a joke, and he is turning the entire league into a joke.  Whatever happened to the Patriots filming the Bengals, Browns game? Nothing...it is absolutely ridiculous how this league is run and the favoritism allotted certain owners.

As far as Rose, and Joe Jackson,  if guys like McGuire, Clemons, Sosa, and Barry(my head didn't get bigger) Bonds ever get elected into the Hall and Rose doesn't, that will be unacceptable. I personally don't want any of them elected, but if you put one in, you have to put them all in.

Clemens and Bonds shouldn't be grouped in with the other guys. They should be in the the Hall regardless because they were that damn good even without the roids. PEDs just catapulted them to God tier status.

Erase all of Clemens post 96 stats and Bonds post 99 stats. Their numbers are still good enough to make the Hall Of Fame.

You can't compare them to McGwire and Sosa who were basically 1 trick ponies, and those tricks were boosted by performance enhancements

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mason Rudolph is likely going to sue Myles Garrett for defamation of character. There has to be consequences one way or the other when an accusation like this is made.

If he's lying he should be sued and suspended frankly. Seems like there should be plenty of on field mics that would conclusively answer yea or nay

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CTM said:

If he's lying he should be sued and suspended frankly. Seems like there should be plenty of on field mics that would conclusively answer yea or nay

If he’s not lying what happens to Rudolph? Probably out of the league, no?

so if he is lying he should be out of the league for good? In today’s climate that’s some accusation especially against a guy in a modern day locker room 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mason Rudolph is likely going to sue Myles Garrett for defamation of character. There has to be consequences one way or the other when an accusation like this is made.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/15/mason-rudolphs-lawyer-strongly-hints-that-myles-garrett-will-be-sued/

Rudolph’s case wouldn’t be great he’s a public figure and can call a press conference at anytime to refute Garrett’s bs allegation which he already did

On 2/14/2020 at 11:34 AM, Villain The Foe said:

Can you provide the vid and give me a timestamp at the moment Myles stopped playing football and began to beat up on Mason? 

That should stop this back and forth between us, since there is a video of what happened...

Still clinging to that hope Baker Mayfield resurrects his crappy career eh?

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Still clinging to that hope Baker Mayfield resurrects his crappy career eh?

This compulsive infatuation with Baker leads me back to what I said to you in an earlier discussion regarding this unusual need of yours to do this in threads that arent even Baker-related. The way he causes you to react makes me feel like you may have actually known him personally. I feel like you must have went to school with him or something. Dude definitely makes you feel some kinda way.

You're giving off these vibes right here:

Im going to get back to the topic my guy! ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102218/article/mike-tomlin-took-offense-to-garretts-recent-claim

Mike Tomlin 'took offense' to Garrett's recent claim

Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Feb. 17, 2020 at 12:17 p.m.

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin released a statement over the weekend supporting Mason Rudolph after Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett reiterated his claims the quarterback directed a racial slur at him, which sparked a brawl at the end of a November prime-time game.

Monday, Tomlin, who usually keeps his comments close to the vest, came out much stronger in support of Rudolph during an interview on ESPN's First Take.

"The most recent one, this past weekend, I took offense to it, to be quite honest with you," Tomlin said. "When it first transpired during the season, we don't have a lot of time to pause and fight battles of that nature. We said our peace. We were completely cooperate with all parties involved, the Cleveland Browns organization and the NFL office. And then we had to move on. We had another game awaiting us, and we wanted to be singularly focused. But when these allegations returned this past weekend, I thought it was appropriate that Mason is properly defended. It was a thorough investigation done by us and the NFL... these accusations are serious. Not only in terms of Mason Rudolph's character but his professional pursuits. Nobody on that field corroborated what was said by Myles Garrett. That was founded by us and the NFL.

"Myself, personally, I was on the field immediately after the altercation and subsequently after the game. I got a lot of personal relationships within that organization, over there in Cleveland. At no point did anyone within that organization come forward and say, 'Mike, heads up, we got a situation here' or something of that nature that you would expect comes with those type of allegations. I fully support Mason Rudolph. We as an organization fully support Mason Rudolph and to be quite honest, we were hacked off at what we saw this weekend. Not specifically from Myles Garrett, he's been in the lane that he's in, but what was displayed by ESPN in that panel. The way that the situation was presented, I don't think was fair to Mason Rudolph and that's why I'm here."

Tomlin expanded on why he felt the ESPN discussion surrounding the Garrett interview was unfair to Rudolph.

"It was presented as a 'he said, he said' situation," the coach said. "Even to this day, it was presented as a 'he said, he said,' and I think the NFL office was very clear that they launched a thorough investigation among all parties involved, including the interviewing of people and the analysis of technology that was on that field. And they found no evidence of Myles' allegations and I think that that should be stated."

Saturday, Rudolph tweeted that the accusation was a "1000% False. Bold-Faced Lie," and the QB's agent released a statement suggesting legal action could be taken against Garrett.

"I'm not gonna speak for Mason and his representation or try to anticipate their next move," Tomlin said when asked about potential legal actions from Rudolph. I'd imagine their next move is based on how these things unfold moving forward. I think it's probably best that we all shut up and move but I've had that attitude months ago and it hadn't transpired. So, I would expect him to do what's appropriate in terms of protecting his name and reputation and I would do so aggressive' and I don't blame him."

Tomlin also said Rudolph has never wavered in rejecting the notion that he'd used a racial slur.

"He said what he's consistently said throughout this entire ordeal: that he did not and would not say what was said that he said," Tomlin said Monday. "And he's been extremely consistent from Day 0 in that position."

The Steelers' coach was asked how much blame Rudolph shares in starting the brawl that led to multiple suspensions and fines.

"I struggle with that to be honest with you, man," he said. "It's been a lot of negativity around Mason Rudolph. He got fined $50,000 for essentially getting beat up. His reputation has been tarnished because of the allegations, none of which was founded. He was a quarterback in a losing circumstances at the end of a football game. Obviously, he was an active participant in the altercation but a lot of the things that have gone on beyond that, I struggle with."

Tomlin took offense to the notion that the Steelers might try to cover up audio that might have implicated Rudolph.

"I represent the leadership of the Pittsburgh Steelers organization, and that also was implied during that interview this weekend that somehow we suppressed evidence or were participants in some lack of thoroughness," Tomlin said. "And anybody that knows this organization knows what it stands for, understands how the Rooney family gets down from a business standpoint, that's laughable. We would not participate in the covering up of such issues and we would obviously do what was appropriate in terms of dealing with those circumstances."

The NFL has said it found no evidence the QB used a slur. Tomlin added he wants to move forward and put the ordeal in the past.

"I know that our position is we've had a desire to move on from the moment it happened," he said. "And so that's what we're attempting to do but when this interview came back up this weekend, we thought that Mason needed to be defended. We were placed in these circumstances, this is not something that we desired to be involved in, to be quite honest with you. We're getting ready for free agency and position ourselves for the Indianapolis combine and trying to build a winner for 2020."