Jets interested in James Bradberry?

Zachtomims47

From Mr. Pauline...

Do you think cornerback James Bradberry is a fit with the Jets in free agency?

He would be a good fit, and I can tell you the Jets are one of about five teams that have been sniffing around and doing a lot of preliminary work on Bradberry. 

I honestly never heard of him, he any good?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He's alright. Weirdly overrated by some internet people. I'd rather be all in on Byron Jones who is exceptionally good. In my many thoughts about this offseason I often go after CBs in FA and accept that Edge help will come next year.

Isn't Byron Jones more of a slot corner?

Are we still of the belief that the Jets value zone coverage cornerbacks a little more than man-cover guys right now with Gregg Williams running the show?

If so then Cameron Dantzler might be an option in Round 3 this year (if he lasts that long) assuming the Jets have already used some early Draft capital on offense.  Could be a target at pick #68....

431838797_ScreenShot2020-02-12at7_27_31PM.png.a0aa8284338afcb48b3c38f5f199fbc8.png

I've read where the Jets could be interested in drafting a CB in the first round this year, which would be quite the collective head-bursting around here (mine, probably, included). Definitely a position I'd like to see improved before the draft. After last season, I do have some trust in Gregg Williams to scheme around a weakness there, so I don't need the bank-breaking CB. Just some improvement at a reasonable cost. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, slats said:

I've read where the Jets could be interested in drafting a CB in the first round this year, which would be quite the collective head-bursting around here (mine, probably, included). Definitely a position I'd like to see improved before the draft. After last season, I do have some trust in Gregg Williams to scheme around a weakness there, so I don't need the bank-breaking CB. Just some improvement at a reasonable cost. 

Trade Jamal and we absolutely have the flexibility to grab a Corner in the first.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Only way Jets go CB in Round 1 is if some crazy sh*t happens and Okudah slips to 11. Besides that happening, earliest we should be looking at CB's is the 3rd round. Sign Bradberry, or someone like Trae Waynes or other decently talented CB's, draft depth later on in the draft and let's finally focus on offense.

Austin, Poole, 3rd-5th round pick, FA signing (Bradberry, Waynes, Breeland, or Byron Jones), Maulet, Hairston looks ok imo. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Are we still of the belief that the Jets value zone coverage cornerbacks a little more than man-cover guys right now with Gregg Williams running the show?

If so then Cameron Dantzler might be an option in Round 3 this year (if he lasts that long) assuming the Jets have already used some early Draft capital on offense.  Could be a target at pick #68....

431838797_ScreenShot2020-02-12at7_27_31PM.png.a0aa8284338afcb48b3c38f5f199fbc8.png

Dantzler is interesting because of his length, but he is a string bean.   Plus it will be interesting to see what he runs in Indy because a bad 40 time may keep him as a borderline day 2 pick.  If he runs well, I could see him going firmly in the early to mid 3rd.  

• Upvote 1

This is a guy who will want a massive contract and, honestly, I want to stay away from that. Having said that. He is young, reliable, has good size, is a solid tackler and would fit very nicely in GW's system. If the Jets decide to invest in him I would not be that upset. 

One thing he is not known for is being a turnover machine. Part of that is probably b/c he doesn't get thrown at a lot. Part of that is b/c he is not a true playmaker at the position. 

I think if the Jets go after him, they should let Poole walk and look for a slot CB in the draft. There are some nice options that should be available later on in the draft. Specifically Darnay Holmes out of UCLA has been on my radar as a perfect candidate for the Nickel spot if we were to move on from Poole and draft a CB to take over that spot.   And the money they save on Poole they can use towards the O-line and other FA needs. I can't imagine they pay Poole around 9mil and then sign Bradbury for around 13-14mil, then extend Adams, dropping an extra 8mil of cap space.   

From Mr. Pauline...
Do you think cornerback James Bradberry is a fit with the Jets in free agency?
He would be a good fit, and I can tell you the Jets are one of about five teams that have been sniffing around and doing a lot of preliminary work on Bradberry. 

I honestly never heard of him, he any good?

He’s great and I placed him as one of the 5 offseason priorities in the vid I did a few weeks ago.
If we grabbed this guy away from
Carolina I would very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app