Jets Sign Safety Anthony Cioffi

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-sign-s-anthony-cioffi

The Jets have signed free agent safety Anthony Cioffi, a New Jersey resident who comes to the Green & White by way of the CFL.

Cioffi spent the previous two seasons with Ottawa in the Canadian Football League. As a linebacker and defensive back with the Redblacks, he totaled 97 defensive tackles, 2 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, a fumble-recovery touchdown in 2018, and four sacks.

Cioffi, who grew up in Springfield, NJ, originally signed with Oakland as an undrafted free agent out of Rutgers, where he was a four-year starter and a teammate of current Jets CB Bless Austin. In the Raiders' 2017 preseason he had 6 tackles and a forced fumble in four games, including a start in the preseason finale, then was a final cut in September.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Runs a 4.37/40. Jamal Adams’ days in green and white are #numbered

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2017/02/40-yard_dash_rutgers_anthony_cioffi_is_flying_i.html

I was thinking of doctoring the pasted article to stay 'in anticipation of moving Jamal Adams before the draft" just the mess with you guys but I didn't want any heart attacks.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

Anthony Cioffi signed with the Raiders after going

Anthony Cioffi signed with the Raiders after going undrafted in 2017, but was cut in September of that same year. Credit: AP/Rick Scuteri 

The Jets signed safety Anthony Cioffi, who spent the past two years playing for the Ottawa Redblacks in the Canadian Football League.

Cioffi was a four-year starter at Rutgers, where his teammate was Jets cornerback Bless Austin. Undrafted in 2017, Cioffi signed with the Raiders but was cut in September. He totaled 97 tackles, four sacks, three forced fumbles and two interceptions over two seasons with Ottawa

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He played at Rutgers kid seemed to shy away from tackling, played for the Raiders as well.

Hope he's improved his game. 

Way better option than Rontez Miles.

Proud moment my son scored a TD while he was covering  him in the EZ playing WR in high school football game. 

Uhhhhhhhh according to PFF, Anthony Cioffi has never yielded a touchdown. Maybe learn something about coverages, pal

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Do we think he's going to wear #37?  I need to replace my Adams jersey when he's traded tomorrow.

SAR I

It might be one of those deals where they give Cioffi #33 before the deal with the Cowboys is even consummated, in a vulgar display of Gaseian power.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Well...given the fact that we have light draft resources, Miles is an FA, and the only two other safeties outside of the starters are Matthias Farley (who is making SO much money for some reason) and Blake Countess (My Dad: "That's a supermodel name"), I'm happy they're dipping into the CFL market for a guy with experience. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Anthony Cioffi

The Jets announced that they have signed ex-Raider UDFA and ex-Rutgers safety Anthony Cioffi.

The Jets have signed free agent safety Anthony Cioffi, a New Jersey resident who comes to the Green & White by way of the CFL.

Cioffi spent the previous two seasons with Ottawa in the Canadian Football League. As a linebacker and defensive back with the Redblacks, he totaled 97 defensive tackles, 2 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, a fumble-recovery touchdown in 2018, and four sacks.

Cioffi, who grew up in Springfield, NJ, originally signed with Oakland as an undrafted free agent out of Rutgers, where he was a four-year starter and a teammate of current Jets CB Bless Austin. In the Raiders’ 2017 preseason he had 6 tackles and a forced fumble in four games, including a start in the preseason finale, then was a final cut in September.

This is obviously a depth signing because Marcus Maye and Jamal Adams are the starting safeties. SNY said Cioffi had a breakout season in the CFL.

He had a breakout year with the Ottawa Redblacks, tallying 61 defensive tackles, two interceptions, two sacks and one forced fumble over 18 games.

Here is Cioffi’s 40 yard dash from his pro day in 2017.

Second Anthony Cioffi 40-yard dash on #RProDay. #RFootball #Rutgers @Acioffi06 @TheChopNation @TransitionSE @JDHSSports pic.twitter.com/RptrxyCIzG

— Chris Nalwasky (@ChrisWasky) March 10, 2017

The post Jets Sign S Anthony Cioffi appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
S443QnvctY8

Click here to read the full story...