Alabama for Pick 11

Dcat

Hypothetical for Pick 11: Jeudy or Wills?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Wills or Jeudy at 11?

• Jerry Jeudy WR
    • Jedrick Wills OT

On 2/14/2020 at 1:20 AM, T0mShane said:

It feels like you can get reasonably promising WRs in round three and four, but you can’t find even a good OT after the first round. That said, you’d need to take Wills at 11.

I get your point, but waiting until round 3 or especially round 4 to pick WR is waiting too long.  Based on the construction of the roster today, pre-FA, I would much prefer to go OL at 11.  But if we do, we have to go WR in round 2.  Waiting until round 3 or 4 is how you come away with Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans. 

Douglas may be able to find talented WRs in R3 or R4 (unlike his predecessors) but those guys usually need a year or two to develop.  Assuming the reports that we are not likely to bring back Anderson are correct, we need a WR from the draft who can contribute immediately.  That means round 1 or round 2.  By the end of day 2, I would like to see JD add 2 OLs and 2 WRs.  Day 3 is the time to address defense.

• Upvote 3

I took Jeudy (but prefer Lamb) for this reason. The top OT's are going to be gone. It's my opinion there is a significant  drop off in talent after the top 2  (Thomas, Wirf, and Willis or Bechton at 3) i think 3 will be gone before we select and I don't  want to take the leftover guy when I can have the stud at WR. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Lith said:

I get your point, but waiting until round 3 or especially round 4 to pick WR is waiting too long.  Based on the construction of the roster today, pre-FA, I would much prefer to go OL at 11.  But if we do, we have to go WR in round 2.  Waiting until round 3 or 4 is how you come away with Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans. 

Douglas may be able to find talented WRs in R3 or R4 (unlike his predecessors) but those guys usually need a year or two to develop.  Assuming the reports that we are not likely to bring back Anderson are correct, we need a WR from the draft who can contribute immediately.  That means round 1 or round 2.  By the end of day 2, I would like to see JD add 2 OLs and 2 WRs.  Day 3 is the time to address defense.

I’d be afraid to draft any of these receivers with the idea that they’re going to be the feature guy in my passing attack right away, to be honest. It’s possible that Jeudy, Lamb, or Higgins are phenoms, but if I’ve decided that Darnold needs that #1 target monster, I’d probably let Anderson walk and give Amari Cooper his $19 mil. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d be afraid to draft any of these receivers with the idea that they’re going to be the feature guy in my passing attack right away, to be honest. It’s possible that Jeudy, Lamb, or Higgins are phenoms, but if I’ve decided that Darnold needs that #1 target monster, I’d probably let Anderson walk and give Amari Cooper his $19 mil. 

Amari Cooper is who I wanted and thought there was a reasonable chance we'd nab in 15, until Oakland inexplicably decided to pass on the best player in the draft leaving him all to Mac. 

He should be a top target this offseason

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Amari Cooper is who I wanted and thought there was a reasonable chance we'd nab in 15, until Oakland inexplicably decided to pass on the best player in the draft leaving him all to Mac. 

He should be a top target this offseason

Amari Cooper $19 million? 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd be afraid to draft any Saban guy at this point. Jets have bombed spectacularly on every single one them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

And presmals jersey #

I know I’m being a goofball with the Adams slander, but if Adams quit the team tomorrow, you wouldn’t list “strong safety” as one of the Jets top ten needs. The OL is barren, as are WR, CB, Edge, RB, etc. You can do a lot toward cleaning up those holes with an extra 1, 3, and the money you’d otherwise have to devote to Adams. From a PR perspective, Douglas could make the point that he effectively traded Adams for Cooper and nobody would say sh*t about it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know I’m being a goofball with the Adams slander, but if Adams quit the team tomorrow, you wouldn’t list “strong safety” as one of the Jets top ten needs. The OL is barren, as are WR, CB, Edge, RB, etc. You can do a lot toward cleaning up those holes with an extra 1, 3, and the money you’d otherwise have to devote to Adams. From a PR perspective, Douglas could make the point that he effectively traded Adams for Cooper and nobody would say sh*t about it.

Addition by subtraction @T0mShane  

How good is the D with Jamal Adams and how good will they be without him. 

Like him or hate him the kid can play the damn game. 

Success is measured on so many different ways. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

100%, the trolling is just for fun. Hes a good player but the things hes good at arent that important, particularly on a talent poor team with a shaky young QB.  The Jets would be better off moving him now

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No proof whatsoever this is remotely true or factual. 

You hate Jamal Adams that is the truth. 

You sound like an idiot, grown ups are talking here. Why dont you join the other tweenage girls over at Tiger Beat forums. Your collection of topless male athlete photos will get better play there 

https://tigerbeat.com

Just now, CTM said:

You sound like an idiot, grown ups are talking here. Why dont you join the other tweenage girls over at Tiger Beat forums. Your collection of topless male athlete photos will get better play there 

https://tigerbeat.com

I may sound like one but you are one. 

Same old trolling sh*t, every thread turns into a Jamal Adams hate thread with you. 

Learn a thing or two about football.

You are an obvious expert on teen girls magazines or forums. 

Scary. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you got rid of Adams with the current roster, the seconday is also a barren wasteland 

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ABSOLUTELY! And if JD thinks the 4th guy left for us at 11 isn't good enough for that pick, take Jeudy at 11 & we'll finally have the right Bama boys so Sam can light it up! F it just resign Beachum, sign Coop & Thuney or Glasgow, Conklin & call it a day. 

You'd still have a high 2, your 2 threes & a high 4 to go to work with.

Thats 4 picks to find 1 more stud RB & still leaves 3 picks for best Center?, CB or Edge available. 

Sam Darnold would be lining up with Amari Cooper, Jameson Crowder, Jerry Jeudy, Chris Herndon & Le'veon Bell in the backfield. NOW THATS AN OFFENSIVE LINEUP to jell with over 16 games. Plus a young stud RB like JK Dobbins or Jonathon Taylor if one of them falls to out #2 spot.

With a bunch of weapons EVERYWHERE it makes it much harder to put 8/9 guys on the LOS. Plus I want to surround Sam with young exciting offensive skill players because I don't see Bell here in 2021 & his salary can be used to solidify whatever the most important pc is we're missing in 2021 in free agency. 

• Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am not suggesting that a 2nd round WR needs to come in and be a #1 in his rookie year.  But I do think we need a guy out of the draft that can at least give us some solid production as a rookie.  Had about a half dozen guys in last year's draft with 45+ receptions, 500+ yards in their rookie year.  Thats what we need out of a rookie.  A guy who can be part of a stable of #2/#3 type receivers.  Crowder, a vet FA, rookie #1, and then some contribution out of Smith, Berrios, Enunwa, rookie #2.  I would rather have 4 or 5 solid guys who can contribute than spend the $$ needed for a guy like Cooper.

• Upvote 1