Can Vyncint Smith Replace Robby Anderson?

JetNation

"He’s averaged 14.8 YPR over the last four seasons, which ranks 27th among players with at least 100 targets. Anderson’s 50 catches of 20-plus yards during that stretch rank 19th. He’s an outside receiver who can stack defensive backs and also make contested catches. Last year, Tyrell Williams offered a somewhat similar profile and landed a four-year, $44 million deal. That could be a good comp for Anderson."

from the athletic (sheil kapadia)

what slats said above makes most sense to me.,

"

12 minutes ago, slats said:

I think Crowder, Herndon, Anderson, and a #1/2 possession type WR would be a fine group of skill players.

for me its Tee Higgins..like his size and catch radius

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I can understand that. I think we’ll still need to pay one between Robby most likely leaving and Enunwa’s neck being toast. There are a few guys that will not command Amari Cooper money that we could use. Allison from GB being ones of those options. 

PK I agree on Geronimo Allison buried behind Davante Adams easily replaces RA. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

"He’s averaged 14.8 YPR over the last four seasons, which ranks 27th among players with at least 100 targets. Anderson’s 50 catches of 20-plus yards during that stretch rank 19th. He’s an outside receiver who can stack defensive backs and also make contested catches. Last year, Tyrell Williams offered a somewhat similar profile and landed a four-year, $44 million deal. That could be a good comp for Anderson."

from the athletic (sheil kapadia)

what slats said above makes most sense to me.,

"

for me its Tee Higgins..like his size and catch radius

Higgins is another intriguing player with size needed in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I can understand that. I think we’ll still need to pay one between Robby most likely leaving and Enunwa’s neck being toast. There are a few guys that will not command Amari Cooper money that we could use. Allison from GB being ones of those options. 

I haven't looked into him much, I have my eye on Sharpe and Perriman as the low risk high reward type players we should look at. I'd be happy with Sanders too, I think Sam would mesh really well with him.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I got a big ole chubby for Lamb, I think he's going to be incredible. Nothing against Jeudy at all, just really like Lamb

Jeudy-Lamb-HIggins sign me up instantly improves the WR position here. 

Add in a back like Dobbins or ?? with an improved OL and we have an offense that can score points and win games. 

I wish free agency was after the draft. It would make this decision easier. I don't think we should pay $14mm/year to Robbie Anderson but it would be peak Jets to leave our potential franchise QB with an unproven receiver from Limestone college to replace the big play guy he has chemistry with.

If FA was after the draft we'd have the ability to see if we walked away with one of the big time WR's in which case letting Anderson walk and giving limestone college a bigger role would make more sense. That's how I'm referring to Vyncyiycynt Smith for now on btw, limestone college.

• Haha 2

They might let him walk and draft a WR with their no. 1 pick. He will get paid somewhere maybe not what he's asking for but over 10 mil per year. He is a legit deep threat and a proven one. We drafted a good prospect for that job in Devin Smith a few years back but he didn't prove it in the NFL after a good career at Ohio State. 

4 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Terrible route runner? Hmmm you sure you watched Robby Anderson and not Henry Anderson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been watching the wrong guy? Robby has shown he can consistently do one thing well, and that's the go. His routes are lazy and lack crispness. There are numerous examples from last year alone where the ball was thrown to an area where if Robby could execute his route better he'd be in a position to make a play on the ball, but instead the ball helplessly fell to the ground

Have you been watching the wrong guy? Robby has shown he can consistently do one thing well, and that's the go. His routes are lazy and lack crispness. There are numerous examples from last year alone where the ball was thrown to an area where if Robby could execute his route better he'd be in a position to make a play on the ball, but instead the ball helplessly fell to the ground

He’s an upper echelon number 2 wr. It’s very clear he runs more than the go route, well. I would say your opinion is yours so it’s not wronged, but when tape proves your opinion wrong, I can’t argue that. But to each his own. We will miss Robby if he leaves

2 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

He’s an upper echelon number 2 wr. It’s very clear he runs more than the go route, well. I would say your opinion is yours so it’s not wronged, but when tape proves your opinion wrong, I can’t argue that. But to each his own. We will miss Robby if he leaves

Upper echelon #2? Are you ******* high? Absolutely no one thinks he's anywhere close to a borderline #1 receiver, and if they do they should be institutionalized.

He runs more than a go route, obviously, but just because he runs other routes doesn't mean they are done well. Surely you have to understand this, right?

8 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Upper echelon #2? Are you ******* high? Absolutely no one thinks he's anywhere close to a borderline #1 receiver, and if they do they should be institutionalized.

He runs more than a go route, obviously, but just because he runs other routes doesn't mean they are done well. Surely you have to understand this, right?

Hey, Nice Forum name by the way. :) 

The thing with Robby is that it's hard to tell just how good he is because the problems we have on the o line affect his game more than any other receiver. He is the primary deep man and needs for Sam to have at least a few seconds for his route to develop. That obviously wasn't happening this season. 

I'm by no means trying to insinuate that RA is a #1 or elite #2, but he's a solid #2 for sure imo. He's done everything asked of him and developed from a UDFA to what will be a top tier FA WR this offseason. Through all of the adversity this year he never made a single peep other than to say he was relieved he wasn't traded at the deadline. He bought his mom a Mercedes when he got his Transitional contract and everyone cried. lol 

There is no reason to believe he is capped out. Quite the opposite actually. I'd really like to see them be able to retain him but I wonder if Vyncint Smith can assume some of Robby's impact. If the staff thinks he can that $10-14 mil can sure help elsewhere. That's for damn sure.