Jamal Adams Was Right With His Tweet: The New York Jets Owe Him Everything

joewilly12

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm making the assumption he is the team leader here, because he and all you fanboys say he is.  It's up to you to state how his leadership positively impacts the team.  Go.  

One, its not fanboys.  Its his coaches, GM and teammates.  All the hate from you and a handful of haters doesn't change that.  

Now your turn, show us how his leadership doesnt impact the team.

That same dumb question that is unanswerable to anyone can work both ways.  

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty outrageous insult coming from a longtime subscriber to Squeegee Boys magazine. 

No subscriber here as a matter fact never heard of it until now. 

Were you part-owners of it like you were here with JetNation. 

Take that as a compliment, better a has been than a never was. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

The team is 16-32 since he was drafted.

Yeah and what does that prove about Adams?

That this is a 16 win team without him?

Maybe, maybe not.  WTF knows.  Point is whining that there's no proof he makes the team better, is ass backwards 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The players and coaches sure do recognize him as a leader.  That doesn't answer the question.  How does he positively impact the team?  Winning a popularity contest doesn't move the needle.

Well that means the leadership issue, the one you claim isn't true is true, not because "fanboys say its true" but because its true.  

How does he not impact there team.  Wheres your proof that he doesn't?  He was injured on the first drive in Cincy, D played like shlt.  He missed the Ravens game, D played like shlt.  Who knows, want to prove that didnt happen, you go for it. No one proves anything but the insinuation that a really good player, give him that, an all pro player doesn't help any team is dumb and really not worth debating.  Cant think of a team, a sport, where those type players aren't wanted.  

And one more thing, a popularity contest isn't leadership.  No one believes that.  You really don’t.  It’s just nonsense to cloud his value by trying to devalue leadership that you first said was a fanboy claim and not real

• Upvote 1

Still waiting for someone to quantify how Jamal's "leadership" positively impacts the team.
Sure ...

Jamal Leadership > Sam Leadership ::
Cond(Sam Leadership + Jamal Leadership, Superbowl, Rebuild + Trade Jamal + Draft New QB)

Compare(Jamal::Robbie):: +100000000

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 2/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, Beerfish said:

It is amazing how people see 'pro bowl' and a guy who declares himself a leader (with little evidence from teammates that he is viewed as one) and just totally ignore what he actually does on the field and at what cost to the team.

I’m not sure “little evidence” is accurate - the players voted him team MVP and Gase has called him their leader on defense several times. 

The argument against paying Jamal is that he plays a relatively unimportant position, not that he isn’t a very good to great player. 

On 2/15/2020 at 1:36 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

He's going to want $17M+.  No amount of marketing makes a Safety with 2 career INTs worth that kind of coin.

If he thinks his value is so high then let’s sign him to an incentive-based contract say 10 million a year with another 5 million per year based on bonus incentives - the bonus being he has to get at least three interceptions per year that way we can be assured We wouldn’t have to pay him the bonus. Not that I really Would do this he’s still under contract so let him play out his contract and if he wants to sit and refuses to come to camp, F his azz.

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

He wasn’t top 20 in anything last year

I think he's a very good player. He's doing what is he is being asked to do as far as I know. However, the Jets essentially control his contract for the next three years if they want to. If he think he's going to get some historic deal that busts the cap I hope he gets it elsewhere. He should also understand he is being put into a position to be a play maker while everyone else is occupying blockers and he's roaming picking his spots to rush from.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

I didn't read the article but nobody owes anybody anything.

If you know what you're worth, go out and get it.

Talking about it is just silly. So the Jets don't owe him a contract extension.

The only thing the Jets owe him is the contract he is already signed to and really it’s not up! (Current playing value aside) we have holes to fill and if he wants this thing turned around and for us to stop being perennial losers than he might need to temper his loud...very vocal expectations for a new one this offseason.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The only thine the Jets owe him is the contract he is already signed to and really it’s not up! (Current playing value aside) we have holes to fill and if he wants this thing turned around and for us to stop being perennial losers than he might need to temper his loud...very vocal expectations for a new one this offseason.

He wants to get paid AND win? Preposterous.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:27 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

I think he's a very good player. He's doing what is he is being asked to do as far as I know. However, the Jets essentially control his contract for the next three years if they want to. If he think he's going to get some historic deal that busts the cap I hope he gets it elsewhere. He should also understand he is being put into a position to be a play maker while everyone else is occupying blockers and he's roaming picking his spots to rush from.

He signed a contract. I hope he holds out and they take him all the way into restricted free agency. New sheriff and all that. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

The only thing the Jets owe him is the contract he is already signed to and really it’s not up! (Current playing value aside) we have holes to fill and if he wants this thing turned around and for us to stop being perennial losers than he might need to temper his loud...very vocal expectations for a new one this offseason.

You keep saying things like  "he might need to temper his loud... very vocal expectations for a new contract this offseason" and I will keep asking you to show me when he's said that so loudly and vocally.

To be honest the only time  I hear about it is when you and the other Jamal haters go off on another tangent about you wanting to trade him. So I'll ask you again. Show me where he said he wants to be traded, and give me some examples of when he's "loudly and vocally demanding a new contract".

On 2/17/2020 at 5:18 PM, Maxman said:

I didn't read the article but nobody owes anybody anything.

If you know what you're worth, go out and get it.

Talking about it is just silly. So the Jets don't owe him a contract extension.

He’s all bluster but I’m willing to gamble on our new GM telling him to suck it up and Adams doing as such. Just a gut feeling from a decent poker player. 

On 2/15/2020 at 11:03 AM, joewilly12 said:

Best Safety  in the NFL best player on the NY Jets. 

Sadly some fans are so scorned from losing here for so long they don't appreciate greatness. 

Certain fans just like to complain about something to verify their existence.

Safety a finishing piece, not a building block.  Adams is just a reminder the Jets passed on Watson / Mahomes and that Bowles was inept.

If they can get a 2nd rnd pick for him, i'll help pack his bags.