Kind of wild with McGloin arguing with Gilbride on the sidelines and basically blaming his bad play on the coaching staff. Gilbride handled it pretty well. 

Overall very weak Qb play. You’d think they could have gotten a better group than this. 

• Thumb Down 1

Nick Truesdell was with the Jets for 9 days in August 2019.

Based on what I read at least in several situations players signed to XFL contracts aren’t allowed out of them when NFL teams wanted to sign them. It’s a big deal that some of the other new leagues faced and I think they usually relented and let the player sign I think with no compensation not 100% sure of that. That’s a big deal in getting better players to sign. They all want to play in the NFL financially and competition wise. So if you don’t let them out of their XFL contracts you won’t get the better players. And that looks like the case here. I never heard of most of these guys. 

They've been drawing in the 20-30000 range which isn't bad for basically a no-name player league in Feb. McMahon has the start up money and he apparently is getting zero from the networks so it all depends on how long he and team owners are willing to lose money. And if they can create an effective business model. The NFL has not been willing in the past to affiliate with any of these leagues and help with expenses. And not sure Vince wants to be known as a minor league even though that's exactly what the XFL is.  I'd personally prefer a spring to summer league myself. 

• Upvote 1

I like football and if all that was on TV was televised electronic football I'd probably watch it. Look I watched the NY Streets on Youtube so I'd watch anything.  I think according to Youtube there were about 200 in the world watching it.  Considering the time frame the XFL had to work with it's not bad, it's likable. I'll watch both games today because it's freezing around here and I have nothing better to do. And it's fun. I liked watching yesterday the NY Qb fighting on the sideline with his coach. We know this happens a lot in football we just saw it up close and personal. The sideline reporter even commented in all the years she's been covering football she never saw a Qb diss the coaching staff the way McGloin did yesterday. I mean who wants to take the blame and admit they are terrible. None of us. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure about this XFL kickoff rule. They say it’s safer but not sure I see it. It looks weird and not many good runs. Might as well just start from the 25.

The communications between the OC and the Qb I’m finding annoying. It’s just these long coded play calls and after a while it gets a little lame, it doesn’t really offer any real insight into the game. Now mic-ing and televising challenges like they did in the Alliance is cool. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company