Jump to content

Rumor: Bears Trying Trade Up To #2 Using Khalil Mack


Barry McCockinner
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

 

To be fair, Chicago thought they had their QB when they traded for Mack.  And Mack's first year in Chicago, Mitch looked like he could be something to build around.  At the very least, he looked a lot better than I thought he would. 

 

Would've been a horrible trade for us though. 

 

That was more of my point,  I can almost see why Chicago did it, but what a disaster that would have been for the Jets.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Again, if we gave up 2 first round picks and gave him a massive contract this fanbase would be in an uproar if he only got 8.5 sacks this past year. 

Absolutely. 

We’d be hearing all of the stuff we currently hear about Adams. “We won 7-8 games with him, we can win 7-8 games without him. He’s not a game-changer” etc. 

At the time, I was adamant that the Bears giving up 2 first round picks and a third rounder for a non-QB was a terrible trade and I have seen nothing since then to change that conviction. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Why on earth would Washington trade out of the 2 spot, where they'll have Chase Young sitting there.  Who most claim is a better prospect than Bosa a year ago?

For an older, much more costly Mack?

How stupid would this be?

Agree.

The trade would only make sense for Washington if they were getting a bevy of picks to rebuild their roster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agree.

The trade would only make sense for Washington if they were getting a bevy of picks to rebuild their roster. 

I think the guy in the original tweet is just full of ish but to be fair he did't claim Mack was the only part of the trade. It could be Mack plus picks if it were true based on how he worded it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

QB then oline then passrush or CB. Without a QB and oline the team sucks. 

Actually, you can have a QB but if the Oline sucks, then the QB wont have time to throw and there will be no running game because again, the Oline sucks. 

However, building a team...and not depending on the QB to be the team is a much more efficient way of winning. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Or you can build a team properly and just win one like most other teams. 

To build a team properly encompasses getting a pass rush, from the front 4, not the safeties. Did you see the Giants beat the Patriots? Their defense, especially their pass rush won those games. We haven't had a pass rush since Abraham, and we should have drafted Josh Allen last year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

To build a team properly encompasses getting a pass rush, from the front 4, not the safeties. Did you see the Giants beat the Patriots? Their defense, especially their pass rush won those games. We haven't had a pass rush since Abraham, and we should have drafted Josh Allen last year.

After you have a good QB and oline or the team is still going to lose. 
Allen wouldn’t of gotten this team anymore wins. They should of been trying to fix the oline a long time ago. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

After you have a good QB and oline or the team is still going to lose. 
Allen wouldn’t of gotten this team anymore wins. They should of been trying to fix the oline a long time ago. 

You do realize its possible to find a QB and build an OL while adding pass rushers, don't you?

Just because the Jets haven't done any of that doesn't mean its not possible.  Had the Bears taken Watson/Mahomes instead of Trubisky they'd be wrecking the NFL right now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You do realize its possible to find a QB and build an OL while adding pass rushers, don't you?

Just because the Jets haven't done any of that doesn't mean its not possible.  Had the Bears taken Watson/Mahomes instead of Trubisky they'd be wrecking the NFL right now.

I have zero trust in this organization. I figure if I keep repeating that need to fix the oline first it might come true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2020 at 7:53 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I looked at otc and it would be a $4.2 cap hit with over $30 million in dead money if he were traded before June 1st. They only have 5.5 mil in cap space right now but it looks like a bunch of easy cuts to get space if they need.

It does seem far fetched with all the dead money.

Just like a penny in the pocket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2020 at 10:11 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

You're right, he seems like a flake. Came up in my feed because I followed someone who liked or commented on it I guess. I saw the blue check mark and saw the comment about his radio show and thought it was legit. I should have looked into it more before posting.

Not a bad raft right there. If  Tee Higgins is still there at 48 you HAVE to consider that pick for sure. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2020 at 8:11 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rivers looked awful playing with far better talent than what is on the bears roster. 

Brady isn't going to Chicago. 

What's left? Maybe Jameis. Mariotta who sucks?

Bears know they need a long term answer at QB and trubisky isn't that guy. 

Jameis is a very intriguing QB despite the INTs.  I would've happily taken him over Fitz, McCown, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2020 at 12:49 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Actually, you can have a QB but if the Oline sucks, then the QB wont have time to throw and there will be no running game because again, the Oline sucks. 

However, building a team...and not depending on the QB to be the team is a much more efficient way of winning. 

I hear you but I still say that you get the QB if you have the chance and figure the rest out after.  It's that important.  I don't regret the Darnold trade in the least.  I still think we've got the right guy.  Let's just hope JD can build around him quickly.

Francesa said yesterday that his sauces said that Teddy Bridgewater is going to be offered a $30M contract by some team next year.  I think the NFL needs to create 2 separate salary caps.  1 for the QB and another for the rest of the team. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hear you but I still say that you get the QB if you have the chance and figure the rest out after.  It's that important.  I don't regret the Darnold trade in the least.  I still think we've got the right guy.  Let's just hope JD can build around him quickly.

Francesa said yesterday that his sauces said that Teddy Bridgewater is going to be offered a $30M contract by some team next year.  I think the NFL needs to create 2 separate salary caps.  1 for the QB and another for the rest of the team. 

Sure, that's pretty much self-evident. My only issue was folks making it seem as if the plan should be just to get QB/Oline and you're set rather than just building a team. 

QB's are becoming overvalued relative to the other positions, which is why I dont support separating the salary cap for QB's. I literally haven't seen a situation where a QB couldnt be signed under the current salary cap rules because he (and his agent) figured that he was worth more than what the salary cap offered. 

Tom Brady won 6 rings (cheating) and I cant think of a single season where he was the highest paid player/QB in the league, and yet the league needs to consider uncapping QB's because of teams like the 49er's who gave Jimmy G a 5 year 140 million dollar deal with 70+ guaranteed (which was the largest contract in NFL history at the time on a per-year basis) all because he went 5-0 during his first 5 starts with the team? That's the problem with the league. 

There's nothing wrong with the salary cap when QB's can make such a large percentage of the cap. If the league uncaps the salary then it should be for every position. 

Uncapping QB's salary "only" literally doesnt solve any problems, it'll only create one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sure, that's pretty much self-evident. My only issue was folks making it seem as if the plan should be just to get QB/Oline and you're set rather than just building a team. 

QB's are becoming overvalued relative to the other positions, which is why I dont support separating the salary cap for QB's. I literally haven't seen a situation where a QB couldnt be signed under the current salary cap rules because he (and his agent) figured that he was worth more than what the salary cap offered. 

Tom Brady won 6 rings (cheating) and I cant think of a single season where he was the highest paid player/QB in the league, and yet the league needs to consider uncapping QB's because of teams like the 49er's who gave Jimmy G a 5 year 140 million dollar deal with 70+ guaranteed (which was the largest contract in NFL history at the time on a per-year basis) all because he went 5-0 during his first 5 starts with the team? That's the problem with the league. 

There's nothing wrong with the salary cap when QB's can make such a large percentage of the cap. If the league uncaps the salary then it should be for every position. 

Uncapping QB's salary "only" literally doesnt solve any problems, it'll only create one. 

I just think that no matter how much they raise the cap each year, QBs are going to swallow up a disproportionate amount of the increase.  In other words salary cap increases will essentially be a raise for QBs and “scraps” for others. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Not a bad raft right there. If  Tee Higgins is still there at 48 you HAVE to consider that pick for sure. 

If Tee Higgins is available at 48 and we dont take him, it better because we landed Jeudy or Lamb at #11.  Otherwise, I'm going to break my keyboard as I type about my discontent with this organization.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Tee Higgins is available at 48 and we dont take him, it better because we landed Jeudy or Lamb at #11.  Otherwise, I'm going to break my keyboard as I type about my discontent with this organization.
 

Haha. That’s a keyboard smasher right there!

If it was for Biadasz,hennessee or Cushenberry I’d be ok too but yeah. That’s a major slip that we have to take advantage of.
Just no F in DT or MLB BPA BS.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:


Haha. That’s a keyboard smasher right there!

If it was for Biadasz,hennessee or Cushenberry I’d be ok too but yeah. That’s a major slip that we have to take advantage of.
Just no F in DT or MLB BPA BS.

If they take a OT at #11 and Higgins is there at #48 and they pass on him for a G/C prospect, I will still be very angry.  Mostly because I think he's an absolute steal at #48 and value his skill set over a G/C.  I also dont see 48 better players than Higgins in this draft and the drop from Higgins to the next guy (whoever that is) is steep, IMO.  Also, they have 2 picks in the 3rd round and an early 4th to continue their pursuit of fixing the OL.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, JiF said:

If they take a OT at #11 and Higgins is there at #48 and they pass on him for a G/C prospect, I will still be very angry.  Mostly because I think he's an absolute steal at #48 and value his skill set over a G/C.  I also dont see 48 better players than Higgins in this draft and the drop from Higgins to the next guy (whoever that is) is steep, IMO.  Also, they have 2 picks in the 3rd round and an early 4th to continue their pursuit of fixing the OL.

 

Tee will go 47

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2020 at 11:04 AM, New York Mick said:

The year he has more then 2 seconds to throw, a starting RB averaging  more then 4 yards a carry and a number 1 WR. 

 

On 2/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, joewilly12 said:

When do you think that will be. 

His first year playing for his second team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...