Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably smoke.  But I'm OK with smoke if there's a lot of it.  The more teams looking to move up the better.

Everything right now is smoke. It always is.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

What's do you think going rate is for moving up from 16 to 11 ? 

According to the pick value chart 11 is worth 1250, 16 is worth 1000. Their 3rd rounder (79) is worth 200 points and their 4th (119) is worth 56 fwiw. 16 and Calvin Ridley for 11 is the only deal I make otherwise I just stay put and take Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs 

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

SmartSelect_20200404-203017_Chrome.jpg

Paul crane of Falcons radio network reporting ATL allegedly in talks with us to trade up to #11

Would LOVE to trade back with Atlanta.  My favorite traceback options are Tampa, Denver, Atlanta and Dallas.  I'd hold that #11 pick hostage for at least a 2nd round pick and wouldn't pull the trigger until we see who is available. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Assuming the top 4 tackles and top 3 wrs are gone by pick 15, who would the jets take at 16 in a trade back with Atlanta?  Josh jones?  Justin Jefferson?  

Yes those would probably be my top 2 choices, but whatever OT/WR JD grades highest would be fine.  

After moving down, I would look to move back into the late 1st as well, ending up with picks 16 and about 30.  Gets us a crack at another OT/WR of value and we'd then have 2 young, cheap guys at positions of need under team control for 5 years.

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Would LOVE to trade back with Atlanta.  My favorite traceback options are Tampa, Denver, Atlanta and Dallas.  I'd hold that #11 pick hostage for at least a 2nd round pick and wouldn't pull the trigger until we see who is available. 

Def agree. If we're trading back I'd want a second

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I would love this as well, I didn’t look at a draft pick chart but saw chatter that the difference between the 11th pick and the 16th pick is 250 points in value. Would you move back from 11 to 16 for the falcons 3rd and 4th round picks?

5 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:
If Tua still available at No 4, Raiders ready to offer 12 & 19 to NYG to move up

There is a 98% chance the Raiders aren’t moving up with either first round pick.  Someone say the top Cb in the draft is still on the board with couple picks left till they pick.  ( only time might be willing to give up 12 and one of there three third rounders- it won’t be for a QB).

The Raiders are most likely trading back with either pick 12, or pick 19.   No way they give up two first round picks- fantasy talk.

• Haha 1

There is a 98% chance the Raiders aren’t moving up with either first round pick.  Someone say the top Cb in the draft is still on the board with couple picks left till they pick.  ( only time might be willing to give up 12 and one of there three third rounders- it won’t be for a QB).
The Raiders are most likely trading back with either pick 12, or pick 19.   No way they give up two first round picks- fantasy talk.

Any idea what Gruden’s track record, for both Raiders & Bucs, with making trades (up or down) in the draft?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 4/5/2020 at 4:30 AM, Raideraholic said:

That would be really dumb which is why they will do it

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

If I had to guess I'd say that he's not even on the Jets Top 8 list of OTs.  He's big, powerful road grader that looks better suited for a man-blocking scheme.  His mobility and athleticism aren't up there with the other guys who seem much better for zone-blocking.

This goes back to the idea that not all OTs are created equal or a good fit for the Jets.  It's like a WR.  There's a big difference between Henry Ruggs and Tee Higgins or Jalen Reagor and Chase Claypool.  Play the same position, but very different in terms of size, speed, style of play and what they're good at.

• Upvote 3

On 4/5/2020 at 12:46 PM, Jetlife33 said:
  • Rich Cimini of ESPN.com confirms that Jets guard Brian Winters, who was presumed to be a cap casualty not that long ago, will remain with the Jets and will compete for a job in training camp. Cimini says that if Winters does not win a starting role, he will likely be asked to take a pay cut.

Winters is lucky to even be on the roster still.  F that scrub

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

That would be really dumb which is why they will do it

Zero chance the Raiders move up for a QB with their first pick .    The Raiders definitely will look to trade one of their first two picks . ( move back) They want more picks not less. Let Mayock work his magic.

Everything is smoke right now. I put little weight into anything at this stage.  But let’s play along...

If ATL wanted to trade up with the Jets for #11, what’s the compensation?  #16 and a 2nd would have to be fair compensation to me. You’re talking about five spots up in prime territory. We’d likely still have a chance at one of the following: one of the four elite tackles, CJ Henderson (CB), K’lvon Chaisson, (edge), or maybe Ruggs (WR). And 2 second round picks to shore up the other needs. And 2 thirds. 

A move down 5 spots is a good thing. 

• Upvote 4