Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

Just by reading the last page I'm gonna take a wild guess and say there's more nail biting, soiled panties, and general freaking out in this thread than in the covid 19 pandemic thread.

Gotta love it.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could see Van Roten being annoyed by Douglas backtracking on a number, but is he aware that he’s Greg Van Roten? He’s a journeyman guard that someone is going to end up cutting in two years to save

Guys they aren't paying Fant 10 million to back anybody up this year. Worst case is they draft OLine in round one and Fant gets moved to RT to compete with Edoga. But Trent Williams doesn't fit the mo

Lord only knows why I’m posting this... 🙄 Supposedly Van Roten called JD today himself and made the deal without his agent’s knowledge. He told JD let’s get this done now. He asked for and took J

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Welp after today's sh*t fest, I'm officially back on the trade Jamal Adams train. I'd be calling the Cowboys and Raiders and try to pry a 1st and 3rd rounder from them. It's apparent that JD intends to fix the Jets through the draft so he's going to need all the picks he can get.

Yeah, that’s the way to get potential value for a guy if you think you want to  move him. Call a team and ask what you’d give us for him? 

21 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What if this all means that Douglas knows this team is still far away from a championship, despite a strong finish against the bottom of the league, and he's not at all interested in getting locked into players long term that he doesn't want here long term, and this is both true and good.

Yep

Keep in mind that Douglas has a very lucrative 6 year contract.  He doesn't need a "win now" team.  He has at least 3 more years

• Upvote 3
Just now, flgreen said:

Yep

Keep in mind that Douglas has a very lucrative 6 year contract.  He doesn't need a "win now" team.  He has at least 3 more years

And also people I think make too big a deal about the rookie contract. Russell Wilson got paid a ton and is still getting his team to the postseason.  So I think that's garbage.

Just now, flgreen said:

Yep

Bingo and he doesn’t have to rush or be panicked. We are desperate as fans but that leads to fans being irrational and delusional about the state of this team. Let Douglas go to work and you’ll tell early on if he’s good or not based on his moves and specifically draft style. FA is never good unless we get value guys. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, long time suffering Jets f said:

Welp after today's sh*t fest, I'm officially back on the trade Jamal Adams train. I'd be calling the Cowboys and Raiders and try to pry a 1st and 3rd rounder from them. It's apparent that JD intends to fix the Jets through the draft so he's going to need all the picks he can get.

Can we stop with the Cowboys trade? They can't even figure a way to re sign Dak and Amari to contracts with their cap situation, and they had to let Byron Jones loose for nothing. Do you really think they can give up a 1st and more to get Adams AND give him a new contract?

I swear, it's like you guys never stop and think about the other team before you throw out these stupid proposals.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
2 minutes ago, RobR said:

You do realize that since free agency has started the Jets are notorious for signing these first day players to over bloated contracts? Just look how that strategy has worked for us.

The last time we spent big on OL in FA, we had the best line in football for 3 straight years.

I, for one, agree with the new method of "ignore it like the last guy".

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The last time we spent big on OL in FA, we had the best line in football for 3 straight years.

It can still be fixed, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Cimini article said Jets top ten in offensive line spending each of the last nine years. Not sure if that was the last time big money was spent on the OL in FA.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It was a complete anomaly considering our past. Remember when we signed Jumbo Elliot and David Williams in the same year along with Odonnell. Great times.

Truth is after Thuney was tagged it sure sounds like our GM didn't want to break the bank for what was left. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, RobR said:

You do realize that since free agency has started the Jets are notorious for signing these first day players to over bloated contracts? Just look how that strategy has worked for us.

I, for one, think we need more Trumaine Johnsons on this team.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, RobR said:

It was a complete anomaly considering our past. Remember when we signed Jumbo Elliot and David Williams in the same year along with Odonnell. Great times.

Truth is after Thuney was tagged it sure sounds like our GM didn't want to break the bank for what was left. 

Which would maybe begin to explain why we haven’t heard of the jets bidding, getting out bid or anything.  Usually we hear something.

19 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yep

Meaning he's in no rush to win games or improve the team. I'index.jpg.11cd55f37a494788bd50252dde54ddf2.jpgm encouraged by your post.

Just now, TeddEY said:

I, for one, think we need more Trumaine Johnsons on this team.

Only if you throw in a CJ Mosley at $17 mil per with over $50 mil guaranteed.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Come on though.  Douglas, if he's said anything, he's spoken about building through the trenches.  It's okay not to spend huge money on these guys, so long as he does something.  It's day one.  This team isn't a high priced RT or G away from competence.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, RobR said:

If Douglas walked into this period thinking that Thuney was the only good OL FA, he's a bigger idiot than I think he is right now.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Only if you throw in a CJ Mosley at $17 mil per with over $50 mil guaranteed.

Honestly, I started to include him, but then imagined my notifications lighting up to tell me how good he is but he got hurt and then saying something like, "if it were his contract year, he'd have found his way back on the field" and then they'd say, 'what are you a doctor, you don't know how hurt he was' and then I'd say, 'you probably said something like that about John Abraham, right,' and they'd be all like, nuh uh, and I'd say, uh huh and then some hot chick would dance up on me.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, genot said:

Meaning he's in no rush to win games or improve the team. I'index.jpg.11cd55f37a494788bd50252dde54ddf2.jpgm encouraged by your post.

Nope.

What it means is he wants to eventually win championships.  Not useless games in an 8-8 season.

That's going to take a total 2-3 year re-build.  Hopefully the Jets can get to the playoffs this year.  Can't see a long run........................................Yet

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Glasgow signed a 4 yr 44 million dollar deal. That's not breaking the bank. if Douglas thinks it is. We can say goodbye to Poole, Anderson, and Jenkins.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

If Douglas walked into this period thinking that Thuney was the only good OL FA, he's a bigger idiot than I think he is right now.

Maybe he'd rather draft a Cesar Ruiz in the second instead of paying a rotational player like Glasgow 11 mil per. I know I would. If a guy like Conklin was so special why did his drafting team decline the 5th year option?

You're acting like we're missing out on some generational talents.....we're not.

• Upvote 1
Just now, flgreen said:

Nope.

What it means is he wants to eventually win championships.  Not useless games in an 8-8 season.

That's going to take a total 2-3 year re-build.  Hopefully the Jets can get to the playoffs this year.  Can't see a long run........................................Yet

OMFG

These are the garbage Mac apologist talking points AGAIN 

• Haha 1