Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

29 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Unlike most fans who acknowledge everything a team does as being perfect, I like to hold organizations and front offices accountable.  

Every team in the league has the same salary cap to deal with.  The Jets however are pinching pennies while at the same time, have a QB on a rookie deal, no pass rushers, and not a single legitimate starting quality OL.  So go stick your head back into the sand if you are going to get offended when someone points out the obvious.  

The Jets are much further away from contending than anyone else in our division.  And that pisses me off.  We could have and should have done better.  Miami depleted their entire roster last season and they are better than we are right now.  And they have 3 first round picks.  

And my point is this isn't breaking news, that's why everyone wanted Macc out and someone new in place.  Things had to change

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

That would be hilarious if, after all this build up, no NFL team wants to sign him - not even the one he's played on for 2 decades.

I wonder if the Cowboys are pulling a fast one here. They can still pull the tag from Dak, right?

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don’t get the acceptance of avoiding premium FAs. Good teams can do it, bad teams can’t  if they’re ever going to improve.

Look at today. We stood still and probably got passed by Miami. When they’re done taking 3 1st rounders and 11 other players in the draft we will be in their rear view mirror, and they have two more 1st and 2nds next year.. Buffalo widened the gap even further today, and the Patriots are the Patriots.

The mid tier approach has us looking like a 4th place team in the AFC East for the next couple of years.

We are not like the good teams in FA though, we need to drastically over pay players to come here - that approach hasn't worked. There are still plenty of FAs I'd be more than happy getting. Had we done what the Bills did last year we'd be in a better position. Instead we neglected OL over and over again. I'm alright with letting this play out before I lose my mind.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if the Cowboys are pulling a fast one here. They can still pull the tag from Dak, right?

Until he signs the tender, they sure can.  Or they could trade him. That would be an interesting development.

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

We are not like the good teams in FA though, we need to drastically over pay players to come here - that approach hasn't worked. There are still plenty of FAs I'd be more than happy getting. Had we done what the Bills did last year we'd be in a better position. Instead we neglected OL over and over again. I'm alright with letting this play out before I lose my mind.

It’s tough to make the argument that players don’t want to play in Florham Park, NJ when they sign with Buffalo and the Giants. 

JD has to turn the organization around.  That will take time and good drafts and a stable normal coach.  The Jets do not have that much cap space given the number of players they need.   

Let him sign a bunch of players to short contracts that still keep them motivated, and draft well.  The Jets are a year behind Buffalo, at least.  They did not sign big names last year. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

It’s tough to make the argument that players don’t want to play in Florham Park, NJ when they sign with Buffalo and the Giants. 

JD has to turn the organization around.  That will take time and good drafts and a stable normal coach.  The Jets do not have that much cap space given the number of players they need.   

Let him sign a bunch of players to short contracts that still keep them motivated, and draft well.  The Jets are a year behind Buffalo, at least.  They did not sign big names last year. 

It's not Florham Park players have an issue with, it's the Jets. The Giants are far more desirable IMO, don't think Gase helps. And the Bills are just a better team than us. We had a lot of terrible events last season between the mono, injuries, and lack of OL talent - makes sense players opted to go elsewhere.

Douglas will build this team through the draft not FA.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It's not Florham Park players have an issue with, it's the Jets. The Giants are far more desirable IMO, don't think Gase helps. And the Bills are just a better team than us. We had a lot of terrible events last season between the mono, injuries, and lack of OL talent - makes sense players opted to go elsewhere.

He kinda has to now

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He kinda has to now

Did he give you any indication before that he was going to over spend in FA? I've not once had that vibe from Douglas. When you look at where he comes from, Ozzy basically built through the draft as well with a few big FAs sprinkled in throughout the years. 

I expect to see a similar style with Douglas.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Not anymore. They have fallen back in recent years. Gettleman is basically Gase in the front office

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you know this how?

I'd bet he has offers and is weighing them out.

A day after the start of FA and whoever is interested hasn't reached out?  Waiting for what?  

I don't know, it's speculation. But his statement has the feel of someone trying to stoke up interest in his services.

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I don't know, it's speculation. But his statement has the feel of someone trying to stoke up interest in his services.

I still believe that the offers have been initiated.  He at least knows who is serious about making a real offer and is in play.

You believe that if a team was interested they haven't contacted him or his agent by now?  I cant believe that

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

Unlike most fans who acknowledge everything a team does as being perfect, I like to hold organizations and front offices accountable.  

Every team in the league has the same salary cap to deal with.  The Jets however are pinching pennies while at the same time, have a QB on a rookie deal, no pass rushers, and not a single legitimate starting quality OL.  So go stick your head back into the sand if you are going to get offended when someone points out the obvious.  

The Jets are much further away from contending than anyone else in our division.  And that pisses me off.  We could have and should have done better.  Miami depleted their entire roster last season and they are better than we are right now.  And they have 3 first round picks.  

IMO most fans do not acknowledge everything a team does as being perfect and they do like to hold organizations and front offices accountable.  

I'm a fan that acknowledges that six years of Idzik and Macc has devastated the talent level on the Jets and a fan that acknowledges the new leadership - JD and Gase - can't fix this team in one year.

They look to be building a team the right way but only time will tell.

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I still believe that the offers have been initiated.  He at least knows who is serious about making a real offer and is in play.

You believe that if a team was interested they haven't contacted him or his agent by now?  I cant believe that

Saying he had no offers is probably an exaggeration - but he clearly hasn't stoked the feeding frenzy he was probably anticipating. He seems to only have a couple of teams left as potential destinations, which will likely keep his price down.

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Saying he had no offers is probably an exaggeration - but he clearly hasn't stoked the feeding frenzy he was probably anticipating. He seems to only have a couple of teams left as potential destinations, which will likely keep his price down.

Agree but I also think the media creates that frenzy by analyzing how he would fit with every team who needs a QB and even with teams like SF who don't need a QB.  

21 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

IMO most fans do not acknowledge everything a team does as being perfect and they do like to hold organizations and front offices accountable.  

I'm a fan that acknowledges that six years of Idzik and Macc has devastated the talent level on the Jets and a fan that acknowledges the new leadership - JD and Gase - can't fix this team in one year.

They look to be building a team the right way but only time will tell.

I normally agree with this sentiment.  But within 24 hours, we have seen Miami eclipse is in overall talent, draft stock, etc. and Brady is leaving.  We (arguably) have the best QB in the division (potential wise) but we are the worst team in the division.  

we can’t wait for JD to draft enough players for Gase to develop into a playoff roster.  We should be filling that gap with talent, not other teams back ups.  Or no one at all.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I could see Brady wanting to play there, I just don't see the Cowboys sacrificing the upside of Dak for 1 year of Brady.

What upside?  Dak is what he is at best he’s a QB who wins 9 or 10 games and gets eliminated in the playoffs 

• Upvote 1