Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We have two TE's that he has developed a rapport with (Griffin and Herndon)

Crowder had 6 TD catches last year.

So no he was not the only legitimate weapon we had

Crowder and Griffin are both Jags - I like them for sure though, but they are Jags.

Herdon, we really don’t know a lot about him - can’t count on him for anything.  I do really like his upside but it’s only potential right now.

18 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

We still don’t have starting level  offensive tackles but where going reciever rd 1 and 2..  

If I can come down from my mini meltdown on day one of FA and realize that this is going to be a multiple year rebuild, than I think you can realize the same thing.  I'm not exactly sane either lol. 

There are cuts to be made.  Trades.  The draft.  It's gonna take time.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those deals are horrible. No. Njoku has one foot in the grave over there.

Stefanski ran more 2 TE sets in Minny last year than anyone in the NFL. That’s the backbone of his system. With Njoku and the Hooper signing, he’s got that ability now in Cleveland.

• Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

good to see him still grinding that axe. Another drama queen weirdo.

Mehta is almost certainly telling the truth here.  

I don’t always love his stuff but in this case he’s likely 100% correct.

Gase is al lunatic and Robby knows it.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 4

Just now, FidelioJet said:

If the difference is 2 million dollars or so between offers of course he should go with his college HC.

Doesn't make Gase a lunatic (other things point to that hehehe)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Manish trying to make the Jets not wanting to pay Robby about Gase. 

The media in this country is so bad. 

There's a click bait columnist who works for my local paper.  Total hack whom I hate.  But he's got limits. 

He won't write crap about somebody who doesn't make an idiot of themselves first.

Yeah.  He's got agendas.  But for the most part, he's learned his lessons.

He's a columnist not a writer.  Don't look to him for news.

He'll sensationalize but he's doing this for money.  That's the business.

But he goes to my family's church.  Is friendly with my father.  Does things for the local community.  Has campaigned for important events to come to the city.  Makes himself visible in the community.  When he burns bridges them he mends them.  It's not just "hit piece, hit piece, hit piece."  He's got some formula for how he writes to antagonize and pacificy his readership.  And it works. 

You can exist as a writer nowadays and not be a ___head.  If you make enemies, you better make the ones that don't count.  And kiss ass to the people who do.  Some people just aren't creative enough or resourceful enough to find a balance in modern media.  Mehta could make it a lot easier on himself if he was a bit more disciplined.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He was washing Gase’s nuts a year ago and he’s 100% correct?

We know you hate Gase.

Supporting this crap isn’t the move though.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

He was washing Gase’s nuts a year ago and he’s 100% correct?

We know you hate Gase.

Supporting this crap isn’t the move though.

He hates Gase he hates Douglas...he probably hates the jets at this point ? 

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fun fact:

Robby Anderson is a Gase fan, as are most of the WRs not named Enunwa, who has since smoothed over his qualms with the FO and Coaches.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I appreciate the shout out, but why am I tagged here? Genuinely don’t think I’ve ever discussed the Panthers or Robby other than the one time I said Rivera would immediately be an upgrade over what we have currently, and that Robby should be re-signed as long as it’s not more than $11m/year.

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

Led the team in solo tackles, tied for the lead in QB hits and tackles for loss and 2nd in sacks.  Also was 1st team all pro.  I bet you’re a met/Yankees fan that always whines about homegrown players, which he is for the jets.  Why do you want to trade him?  Who are we gonna pay money to?

I mean, I already explained why I want to trade him, no?  As for who to give the money too.  Sam Darnold, if he doesn't suck.  Then, maybe with another good draft or two, and JA's replacement the 4th round, you pay a pass rusher or a corner or a WR that's a final piece of the puzzle.  You don't pay a guy because he led the team in solo tackles.

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

There are a vocal minority of posters on this board that hate Jamal. I think we can all understand their argument about not paying a safety $15+ mil a year, or drafting one 6th overall (or back to back rounds 1 & 2) - and all of those are good points.

But I think they lose the plot when they try to explain how 'average' of a player he is. He's a really good NFL player, has improved every year, is good for the organization's culture and, most importantly, so many of his 'plays' don't show up in stats - he's constantly flying around the field making plays.

I'd like to keep him. I'd like to give him his money over the next four or so years and then be in a position, when this roster is better, to ask him to take a pay cut, release him or be in a position where the cap has gone up so much that his % is more reasonable. 

Help me understand how he's good for the culture?  Do people really buy his rah rah nonsense?  You'd think that the moment he whined like a 4-year-old because there was a rumor he might get traded, or previously, the moment he blamed everyone else for a bad season, that people would see through his BS as totally self flagellating.  Also, I'm personally tired of only having guys who "don't show up in the stat sheets."  Maybe if we had a few guys who did show up in the stat sheets, we'd win more games.

But, most importantly, help me understand this.  You want to pay him a bunch of money when the team's no good, only to ask him to play for less money or get rid of him when the team actually is good?  How is that smart management, when you could potentially trade him for some chips that may accelerate the team actually becoming good?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, I already explained why I want to trade him, no?  As for who to give the money too.  Sam Darnold, if he doesn't suck.  Then, maybe with another good draft or two, and JA's replacement the 4th round, you pay a pass rusher or a corner or a WR that's a final piece of the puzzle.  You don't pay a guy because he led the team in solo tackles.

Help me understand how he's good for the culture?  Do people really buy his rah rah nonsense?  You'd think that the moment he whined like a 4-year-old because there was a rumor he might get traded, or previously, the moment he blamed everyone else for a bad season, that people would see through his BS as totally self flagellating.  Also, I'm personally tired of only having guys who "don't show up in the stat sheets."  Maybe if we had a few guys who did show up in the stat sheets, we'd win more games.

But, most importantly, help me understand this.  You want to pay him a bunch of money when the team's no good, only to ask him to play for less money or get rid of him when the team actually is good?  How is that smart management, when you could potentially trade him for some chips that may accelerate the team actually becoming good?

I guess this is the classic agree to disagree situation.  I can’t fathom why anyone would want to trade one of the few draft picks we’ve got right, is one of the best players in the nfl and (believe it or not) is a leader of the team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

We’re counting on essentially 4 draft picks (1,2, and 2 3’s) to add above average talent to this team.   Otherwise this team is without a single weapon anyone would be worried about on both offense and defense (maybe Jamal Adams)

Barring a big trade we can expect an awful lot of what we’ve seen the past 4 seasons next year.

Douglas seems to know what's plainly obvious to most of us.  Nothing they could have done in FA was going to make them a contender this year, so what's the point?  We should be counting on those four picks.  They're the future and the only actual opportunity for this team to be good going forward.

Or, did you believe this team was a right tackle away from the playoffs?

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If I can come down from my mini meltdown on day one of FA and realize that this is going to be a multiple year rebuild, than I think you can realize the same thing.  I'm not exactly sane either lol. 

There are cuts to be made.  Trades.  The draft.  It's gonna take time.

On the upside, I finally saw the family resemblance...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Then he posts something new about Gase 6 minutes later!

biggest weirdo in sports journalism ever

I listen to Manish on podcasts and he actually sounds like a reasonable, informed journalist usually.

His articles can be completely tilted, but most of the time they are ok-ish.

But he gets on Twitter and loses his mind.