Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

2 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

hahah what can I say, ive been fortunate in my career to be able to work with some great people.  It's afforded me some unique opportunities.   sorry im not sorry ?

That's pretty cool man.  Had to yank your chain a bit because I'm an a$$hole.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

Just went to some of their forums, which was fun to see how other fans view their teams.  From what I gather:  Some are happy as they see him as a deep threat, #2 WR and a perfect complement to Moore.  Some feel it pushes out Samuels.  Most of the discussions are about Bridgewater and whether Anderson can be utilized by him considering Bridgewater's stats from last year (ranked 39th in yards per attempt).  But the best replies were about the confusion with what the front office is doing with this move.  There seems to be a bunch of fans on the "tank the season" band wagon (perhaps for Lawerence).  They are confused because they either wanted to use the money on defense (I believe they have little cap space) or do not want players that could help them win.

Same as here, there some that see him as a good signing and a good player, while others wanted to spend the money differently. Overall though, they see him as a good player, but differ on whether it's a good addition to the team.

I went over there yesterday to snoop and saw pretty much this.

Same as here some like it, some love it, some think it is a meh signing, and others think it was a waste of money either because they don't think Robby is very good or that they are a team that is not in position to do anything with him. 

Heavy notion Teddy can't drive the ball down field and a general dissatisfaction with their QB situation. They don't know whether they are tanking or attempting to compete.  Almost an interesting bunch. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I like Dennard too but let's keep our eye on the ball here.  There are apparently 3 established veteran OTs out there that Joe D should be looking at from various perspectives.  Trent Williams, Jason Peters and Tyron Smith.....each should have different costs but Douglas should be evaluating each of them for fit, cost and longevity on the Jets.  In other words, Peters checks the box for one season only....still need to draft a LT pretty high.  Tyron Smith solves LT for at least 3-4 years and takes that need off the board for a Day 1 or Day 2 pick.  Williams is probably somewhere in the middle.  I'm still not 100% sold on him as a longterm answer but he'd certainly check the LT box for a bit.

We need a corner.  

Probably more than an OT give the draft.  

I wouldn't be upset with picking up Dennard.  Plus dont see why we cant pick up a Dennard and an OT

• Upvote 1

Yet another player signing a 1-year deal....

Roundup: Reggie Ragland joining Lions on 1-year deal

Print
  • 0ap3000000923721.jpg
  • By Nick Shook
  • Around The NFL Writer
  • Published: March 27, 2020 at 11:52 a.m.
  • Updated: March 27, 2020 at 12:45 p.m.

Reggie Ragland is on the move for the second time in his career.

The inside linebacker is signing a one-year deal with the Detroit Lions, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

456887410_ScreenShot2020-03-27at1_31_00PM.png.651d158886aabecd4efb50987d921343.png

Also...LOL at the typo calling them the "owboys"!

I'm sure they'll fix it at the link soon... https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28963656/source-cowboys-sign-kicker-greg-zuerlein-3-year-deal

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

456887410_ScreenShot2020-03-27at1_31_00PM.png.651d158886aabecd4efb50987d921343.png

Also...LOL at the typo calling them the "owboys"!

I'm sure they'll fix it at the link soon... https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28963656/source-cowboys-sign-kicker-greg-zuerlein-3-year-deal

Jerruhh spending spree continues! Maybe he is looking to move Tyron Smith. Move the RT Collins to left, grab some extra picks & draft RT. 

https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/jets-2-million-deal-with-free-agent-marqui-christian-falls-apart/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Jets’ $2 million deal with free agent Marqui Christian falls apart

The Jets and free agent safety Marqui Christian appeared to have a deal last week, but that has now fallen apart.

The team and Christian failed to agree on final contract terms and the Jets have decided to move on, according to a source.

Christian and the Jets had initially agreed to a one-year, $2 million deal last Saturday, but they could not finalize the contract. Christian appeared in 55 games over the last four seasons for the Rams.

Christian was expected to be a third safety for the Jets behind Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye and play a significant role on special teams.