Halapoulivaati Vaitai

Adoni Beast

19 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I’m sold!

Lets do it! 
Vaitai and Wirfs/Thomas

My realistic yet ideal OL revamp this offseason is:

- Vaitai and one of Thuney / Conklin (we need 1 of these 2).

- If we ended up with Vaitai and Thuney as our tackles in free agency, then one of those WR studs becomes realistic in Round 1.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I agree.  I have mentioned him a few times.  Can play guard as well.  I think the Jets have to sign 2 offensive lineman and i think Vaitai could definitely be one of those guys.  Drafted in Douglas’ first year with the Eagles.  

We def need to sign 2-3 OL this year. We need one of those players to be Thuney or Conklin (we can’t afford both with all the holes we have at edge, corner, and wr as well).

Thuney would be Leveon’s best friend, opening up those inner running lanes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is a guy to keep an eye for Douglas’ free agency. Set to hit FA, from Philly, can play LT or RT, but better at right...young and won’t break the bank.

You sign him, let Beechum walk, and if we don’t draft a LT in RD 1 this guy is more than capable of filling in (he was the LT when they won the Super Bowl and Peters was hurt). Or you draft a LT in RD 1, and you have your RT in Vaitai.

Totally on board with him.  My only caveat is I think Gase is planning on starting Edoga at RT.

34 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Never heard of this guy before - just spent 10 min reading about him and couldn’t agree more. Versatile, young guy trending up, worst case he’s a flexible depth guy... given Douglas connection actually feel good about our chances of getting him. 

Worst case I think hes a good right tackle, which is a big get for us. 

27 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

OL depth players that can adequately play multiple positions on the OL, are just as important as a starter on the OL. You need an OL with a valuable 6th man so I hope we acquire players like this if they fit our scheme. 

He started at LT when Philly won it all, and has pushed but could never beat out Peters. 

If he’s accepted that he’s looking at RT $ instead of LT, then I think this is a guy we are definitely signing.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

My realistic yet ideal OL revamp this offseason is:

- Vaitai and one of Thuney / Conklin (we need 1 of these 2).

- If we ended up with Vaitai and Thuney as our tackles in free agency, then one of those WR studs becomes realistic in Round 1.

I thought Thuney was a Guard?

In any case, Vaitai at LT/RT and Thuney at OG would be a great "get" in FA.  I'd also bring back Alex Lewis either to start at OG or for depth.  Trying to land Glasgow, the C/OG from Detroit, would be worth the effort as well.  If 3 of those 4 names are Jets at the end of March then Joe Douglas gives himself infinite flexibility in the Draft.  Could go LT, RT, WR or even trade back.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I thought Thuney was a Guard?

In any case, Vaitai at LT/RT and Thuney at OG would be a great "get" in FA.  I'd also bring back Alex Lewis either to start at OG or for depth.  Trying to land Glasgow, the C/OG from Detroit, would be worth the effort as well.  If 3 of those 4 names are Jets at the end of March then Joe Douglas gives himself infinite flexibility in the Draft.  Could go LT, RT, WR or even trade back.

Woops yea meant Vaitai and Conklin as our tackles.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

We def need to sign 2-3 OL this year. We need one of those players to be Thuney or Conklin (we can’t afford both with all the holes we have at edge, corner, and wr as well).

Thuney would be Leveon’s best friend, opening up those inner running lanes.

yep.  you mean day 1 starters, preferably 3.

This is a guy to keep an eye for Douglas’ free agency. Set to hit FA, from Philly, can play LT or RT, but better at right...young and won’t break the bank.
You sign him, let Beechum walk, and if we don’t draft a LT in RD 1 this guy is more than capable of filling in (he was the LT when they won the Super Bowl and Peters was hurt). Or you draft a LT in RD 1, and you have your RT in Vaitai.

Interesting. I think the JD connection may give this guy an edge toward actually going here. As much as I like Thuney, I’ve thought about it a lot. He’s unlikely to come here. The Pats have been laughing at the Jets for a decade. Then we have the “ghosts” game.
Why would he sign on for that???

Anyway... I like this idea. He will const about half of Conklin I’d say so it’s smart on that side of things too.
One thing I can say is that I believe the top of our front office are actually good talent scouts now. I feel good about their evaluation process at least for now. I’d like to think they can find and nab the gems out there. This guy would seem to be one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Interesting. I think the JD connection may give this guy an edge toward actually going here. As much as I like Thuney, I’ve thought about it a lot. He’s unlikely to come here. The Pats have been laughing at the Jets for a decade. Then we have the “ghosts” game.

Anyway... I like this idea. He will const about half of Conklin I’d say so it’s smart on that side of things too.
One thing I can say is that I believe the top of our front office are actually good talent scouts now. I feel good about their evaluation process at least for now. I’d like to think they can find and nab the gems out there. This guy would seem to be one of those.

19 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I agree. Thee are the types of guys the Jets should realistically be looking at. You still target an OT in Rd. 1 and draft O-line heavy. But in FA target multiple versatile 2rd tier starting caliber o-linemen rather than one or two top 5 FA big money guys.  

• Upvote 2

I think Vaitai makes sense. Position versatility is extremely helpful when you're basically trying to build an offensive line from scratch. You can probably pencil in one of Vaitai/Edoga as a starter. Head into the draft with Vaitai, Edoga, Harrison, a big FA signing at G/T and a small FA signing at G/T (I'd prefer two bigger signings but Vaitai may a the big one). Hopefully two or three draft picks win competitions for starting jobs.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I agree. Thee are the types of guys the Jets should realistically be looking at. You still target an OT in Rd. 1 and draft O-line heavy. But in FA target multiple versatile 2rd tier starting caliber o-linemen rather than one or two top 5 FA big money guys.  

Everyone wants to sign Thuney, Scherff, and Conklin but its just not happening.

Realistically we’re looking at Thuney or Conklin...and young up and coming player, and maybe a depth back up in free agency. And that’s okay!

Then we draft a LT and a guard or center in the draft.

• Upvote 2