Sam Darnold working on a weak spot this summer.

Good for him to continue polishing the mechanics. When he is being pressured and Sam tries to make something special happy in that “sloppy” way that we’ve all seen work. His mechanics and footwork don’t always allow for him to make the throw he thinks he can make. Hope it pays off.

with that said .. assuming JD puts a nice little OL together for Sam.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I've seen this drill(or a similar drill) done where a coach is standing a yard or two and reciting phrases or song lyrics or what have you to the QB and the QB must recite them back while completing the drill.  The idea is that it gets the mind processing something other than the footwork.  I have no idea if he really makes a difference or not, but theoretically it seems sound.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, rangerous said:

he also went 7-6 in the games he played, and at least two of them was when he was coming down with mono or not fully recovered.  the future looks bright with darnold at qb.

I just don't understand what people are watching. The team didn't show up at Miami or Cincy. It happens to good teams & we were not a good team. Dalton ate our defense up & we couldn't run the ball a lick.

Miami it looked like Darnold was the only one to hit the turf. There was a picture of Darnold in the huddle & his uniform is covered in dirt & everyone around him looked like they were in a TIDE commercial. Easily outside of the New England game some of the worst Oline play I've ever seen. 

Maybe the Boomer beating in Houston when we needed to win & the Oilers were playing for nothing but Buddy Ryan was coaching their defense. That may topped it. 

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Your threshold for chills is quite low these days.  Do you have the Coronalight Virus?

Everything about Sam since returning from mono is pointing straight up.  He's doing all the right things this offseason.  He's all about football.  I love it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1