Sam Darnold working on a weak spot this summer.

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

Lol, Jet fans are so bruised & battered. SAM IS THE MAN, and Jet fans still don't believe it. The guy played behind the 32nd ranked Oline in the league & went 6-2 to end the season. Oh but he lost to the Dolphins in Miami! 

Tom Brady lost to the Dolphins in New England. Sam had the dirtiest uniform in the stadium at Miami. He got the sh*t kicked out of him trying to make up for a turnstile like Kalil who should never have come out of retirement. 

Sam was unpolished entering the league with two bad flaws he threw a lot of interceptions & he fumbled. He cleaned up the fumbles & wait until JD gets a freaking Oline & some weapons for this guy. All of you doubters are gonna be like, "I always knew Sam was gonna be the man". Everyone who critiques Sam is wrong, they're just saying he's gonna be very good because..well...because. 

Look at all of the QBs that have come through this league that needed a bit of times & some talent around them, Testeverde, Steve Young, Brady, Rogers, the list goes on & on. I'm sad for Jet fans that think Sam is just another bloke passing through. Go back & look at some of the throws he made last year under duress, which slightly above 80% of the time. 

I cant even imagine how good this kid could have been entering the league & playing behind an Oline as good as the Jets had in 2009/2010. Just the thought of this guy being behind center for the NY Jets for 15 years is incredibly exciting. 

I cant wait for free agency & the draft. 

Oline-Oline-WR- Edge- Oline- RB- WR- CB

can you imagine Sam with time in the pocket & weapons? 

Ok? I get you wanted to go off on your rant, but the fact that he does what every other QB does in the offseason doesn't really mean anything to that though.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Can we just get some first downs and TD's, maybe go 10-7 or something before looking past winning the division. That would a breath of fresh air. Some wins, be competitive.

Jets were 7-5 with Sam Darnold under center last year.

Jets finished 6-2 under Adam Gase's tutelage last year.

That's the step you are referring to and it already happened.  With a beat up team.  First year in a new playbook too.  Now it's time to take the division.  2020 is the year. 

SAR I

Sure every QB hones their craft during the offseason but Sam’s footwork improving and him stepping into throws is huge for him because I feel like it’s really his only flaw as QB besides maybe trying to keep a play alive too long from time to time. When he is a polished product, that’s when he’s going to be eye popping good.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sure every QB hones their craft during the offseason but Sam’s footwork improving and him stepping into throws is huge for him because I feel like it’s really his only flaw as QB besides maybe trying to keep a play alive too long from time to time. When he is a polished product, that’s when he’s going to be eye popping good.

jetsivcap.jpg

I’m getting hard again...

SAR I

17 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I've seen this drill(or a similar drill) done where a coach is standing a yard or two and reciting phrases or song lyrics or what have you to the QB and the QB must recite them back while completing the drill.  The idea is that it gets the mind processing something other than the footwork.  I have no idea if he really makes a difference or not, but theoretically it seems sound.

My 7 year old does something similar at hockey practice.  While skating full speed he has to stickhandle with the puck, and the coach puts up his fingers, and my son has to recite back to him how many fingers he is holding up and do this constantly as the coach is constantly changing how many fingers he has up.  Teaches kids to skate with their head up.  Shame Sam didn’t get taught something like this when in HS.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I still feel like your Adam Gase, or the guy paid to make sure everyone blames everyone BUT Gase.

That play against Miami before the half was really suppose to be a touchdown to Griffin anyway.

not that it’s an excuse because even Sam mentioned in the Sanchez podcast how stupid the throw was..but hey it happens. It’ll get cleaned up like everything else Sam works tirelessly on. Haven’t seen too many fumbles since they got on him about it pre-draft. Release is so much quicker compared to USC. Throwing balls out of bounds late in the year is important.

he’s going to be okay and it’s up to fans to wait out the process of a raw QB finding his permanent footing in the NFL. He was younger and much less experienced at this position than anyone else. His situation, his coaches, his player personnel...all significantly worse. Consistently done the most with the least and his time is coming.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Ok? I get you wanted to go off on your rant, but the fact that he does what every other QB does in the offseason doesn't really mean anything to that though.

That's not the point at all. There is enough film of Darnold making incredible throws, pin point throws, under duress. How about the TD to Crowder in the endzone after he dropped a wide open TD. That throw was f*cking nasty.

How about the throw to Anderson vs the Ravens that Robby should have caught? Should have been PI in the endzone too but top WRs haul that in. The guy gets to set up in the pocket maybe a few times a game. Then you go to Redzone & QBs are eating a ham sandwich back there. I'm not worried about Sam progressing at all as long as we keep adding better offensive players. And he's shown to be a hard worker both on & off the field. 

He shook off the Ghost game, other QBs might have wilted. Sam will be THE MAN.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My 7 year old does something similar at hockey practice.  While skating full speed he has to stickhandle with the puck, and the coach puts up his fingers, and my son has to recite back to him how many fingers he is holding up and do this constantly as the coach is constantly changing how many fingers he has up.  Teaches kids to skate with their head up.  Shame Sam didn’t get taught something like this when in HS.

Or in his first two years in the NFL, but whatever.

Actually, this looks more like he's reinforcing his fundamentals. At least I hope so. We're in a lot of trouble if he's just being introduced to that drill going into his 3rd NFL season.

I'm a fairly decent golfer, but every time I go to the range I bring two alignment sticks. I set one parallel to my target line, just outside the ball. The other is lined up horizontally pointing at the ball. With that one, I make sure I'm centered in my stance. Now these are basic fundamentals in a golfer's set up, and I have them down for the most part, but it's important to practice smart. By doing so, you make sure to not let bad habits form.

I was very fortunate to have excellent coaches back when I played baseball. They taught us the importance of practicing the right way. Things you think you can do in your sleep still need to be worked on, when you do that, they seem easy. 

41 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

was very fortunate to have excellent coaches back when I played baseball. They taught us the importance of practicing the right way. Things you think you can do in your sleep still need to be worked on, when you do that, they seem easy. 

This unfortunately has become the difference in kids doing great, or just ok, or maybe even quitting all together.  The biggest piece of advice I got when my son started hockey was find a coach my son loves, and I love, and follow everywhere if possible.  Just sucks how expensive good coaching is in hockey, and I don’t have the knowledge to train him myself.

Great coaches can turn a kid who didn’t even want to play a sport into a happy kid playing that sport at whatever level.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

jetschamps.jpg

I do.  Not afraid to admit I get sexually aroused when I think about the Jets putting one of these on my head.

SAR I

What’s funny about this is that the last time we won the division I was a horny teenager who got aroused from basically anything on TV. 

So i get it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

K it was a bad play call but still an incredibly dumb decision. Happy??

Very Happy about Darnold, always have been.  I hope BOTH Gase, and Darnold stop making stupid decisions, and can grow together to be great together, like either, or hate either as a Jets fan that’s what’s best.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets were 7-5 with Sam Darnold under center last year.

Jets finished 6-2 under Adam Gase's tutelage last year.

That's the step you are referring to and it already happened.  With a beat up team.  First year in a new playbook too.  Now it's time to take the division.  2020 is the year. 

SAR I

We will see.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

That's not the point at all. There is enough film of Darnold making incredible throws, pin point throws, under duress. How about the TD to Crowder in the endzone after he dropped a wide open TD. That throw was f*cking nasty.

How about the throw to Anderson vs the Ravens that Robby should have caught? Should have been PI in the endzone too but top WRs haul that in. The guy gets to set up in the pocket maybe a few times a game. Then you go to Redzone & QBs are eating a ham sandwich back there. I'm not worried about Sam progressing at all as long as we keep adding better offensive players. And he's shown to be a hard worker both on & off the field. 

He shook off the Ghost game, other QBs might have wilted. Sam will be THE MAN.

There's plenty of things you can use to justify that Sam will be great QB...him doing a common drill that every QB in the NFL does and he's likely done every offseason doesn't seem to move the needle in making the argument that he will great. 

This is stupid offseason fluff. Why wouldn't the question be an incredulous, "Why wasn't Sam working on his footwork every other offseason?"....because that would be just as stupid to believe as this.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

There's plenty of things you can use to justify that Sam will be great QB...him doing a common drill that every QB in the NFL does and he's likely done every offseason doesn't seem to move the needle in making the argument that he will great. 

This is stupid offseason fluff. Why wouldn't the question be an incredulous, "Why wasn't Sam working on his footwork every other offseason?"....because that would be just as stupid to believe as this.

Take a chill pill hater ?. You seem like one of those fans that hope he does fail so you can come back & gloat.