Cards Resign LT DJ Humphries

David Harris

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-d-j-humphries-agree-to-three-year-45-million-contract-extension-per-report/amp/

I would imagine this decreases the chance they go OT at 9.  Maybe they reunite Kyler with Ceedee Lamb.  I see this as a good thing possibly pushing down some OT’s.  

I don’t see how the Jets can **** up this draft. Every mock I do I’m thrilled with.  Give me Thomas or Becton at 11 and my hope is to double down on OT in round 2 with Tray Adams or similar. I believe we sign Thuney or Sherff for OG.  Boom you have 3/5 of Sams OL solid and signed for the next 4 years.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Still could draft a RT/guard like Wirfs.  I think it just puts them in position to draft best available, rather than having to draft for need.

Agreed.  It would be the same scenario as if the Jets sign Beachum, really doesn’t change the need for additional O-line help.  

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

1. They’ll definitely be taking Lamb if he’s there, and he most likely will be.

2. Only helps us by a LT dropping.

1. How can you be so sure. They just drafted Isabella, Butler, and K.Johnson. And Kirk the year before. Not so sure they are ready to give up on any one of them. I know Butler was injured and Isabella looked like a bust. But I would be far from convinced that they are taking a WR with a top 10 pick. 

16 minutes ago, PepPep said:

1. How can you be so sure. They just drafted Isabella, Butler, and K.Johnson. And Kirk the year before. Not so sure they are ready to give up on any one of them. I know Butler was injured and Isabella looked like a bust. But I would be far from convinced that they are taking a WR with a top 10 pick. 

16 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Maybe but putting Lamb and Kyler back together seems to fit with Kingsburys m.o.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:41 AM, Adoni Beast said:

1. They’ll definitely be taking Lamb if he’s there, and he most likely will be.

2. Only helps us by a LT dropping.

Disagree with #1.  I'm here in AZ and while going with CeeDee or Jeudy is a definite possibility it is by no means a lock.  The Cardinals took 3 WRs last year...all underperformed as rookies but they're expecting progress.  The big need for AZ is on the Def Line after the crash-and-burn of 1st round pick Robert Nkemdiche (2016, #29 overall).  I think Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw is there at #8 that could be the direction they go.  They've been trying to solve DT ever since Calais Campbell left in FA a couple years ago.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Disagree with #1.  I'm here in AZ and while going with CeeDee or Jeudy is a definite possibility it is by no means a lock.  The Cardinals took 3 WRs last year...all underperformed as rookies but they're expecting progress.  The big need for AZ is on the Def Line after the crash-and-burn of 1st round pick Robert Nkemdiche (2016, #29 overall).  I think Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw is there at #8 that could be the direction they go.  They've been trying to solve DT ever since Calais Campbell left in FA a couple years ago.

You make good points. Their D is brutal and they need all the help they can get.

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Wouldn't Epenesa be a fit there then too?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, nycdan said:

Wouldn't Epenesa be a fit there then too?

Possibly.  Van Joseph is running the D in Arizona and they still have Chandler Jones outside.  I think from a D perspective they're focused on solving their DT problem in the middle of the line, re-signing Budda Baker and figuring out what to do with Patrick Peterson at CB.  Epenesa could be a fit for almost any defense and at 6'6" and 280 lbs. he'd fit well as a Base 3-4 DE for AZ....same as he would for the Jets incidentally.  I just think they'd lean towards DT if one of those two guys (Brown, Kinlaw) is available.