Greenbeans Mock Draft

Maxman

Greenbeans NY Jets Mock Draft

On the Road with Greenbean is back but this time he isn’t on the road. Home headquarters is where he is broadcasting from as he brings you his Mock Draft.

If the plan goes the way Greenbeans predicts you will see the Jets completely revamp the offensive line and wide receiver position. He used a mock draft simulator to help determine who would be available in each round. Spoiler alert, watch until the end because the Jets take a kicker in the 6th round. Let us know what you think in the comments below.

The post Greenbeans NY Jets Mock Draft appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
OeD8CTquwvU

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Gutsy going with Beckton over Wirfs, but no guts no glory.

I like the Biadzs pick

Fine with Pittman

Not crazy about peoples jones, don't see the production.

Throckmorton meh, did not look great in the bowl game I watched.  No issue with going oline but think there will be better guys there.

Fine with Willekas pick

Fine with the kicker pick.

(Still not sure exactly how many picks we have, one of the mock sites keeps saying we have 8 instead of 7 picks.)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Gutsy going with Beckton over Wirfs, but no guts no glory.

I like the Biadzs pick

Fine with Pittman

Not crazy about peoples jones, don't see the production.

Throckmorton meh, did not look great in the bowl game I watched.  No issue with going oline but think there will be better guys there.

Fine with Willekas pick

Fine with the kicker pick.

(Still not sure exactly how many picks we have, one of the mock sites keeps saying we have 8 instead of 7 picks.)

If we have  8 picks I'm gonna have to make another vid man. 

I'm fairly certain its 7.   2 3rds and no 7th. 

long live Willekas!!!  

11 hours ago, JetNation said:

On the Road with Greenbean is back but this time he isn’t on the road. Home headquarters is where he is broadcasting from as he brings you his Mock Draft.

If the plan goes the way Greenbeans predicts you will see the Jets completely revamp the offensive line and wide receiver position. He used a mock draft simulator to help determine who would be available in each round. Spoiler alert, watch until the end because the Jets take a kicker in the 6th round. Let us know what you think in the comments below.

The post Greenbeans NY Jets Mock Draft appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

OeD8CTquwvU

I dont agree. Mekhi Becton, IMHO would be a mistake. Beware of fast climbers in the draft due to measureables and combine.  I dont like how Becton pretty much blasts, throws and tosses players out of his way. It works against college players, but not in the pros.  NFL edge rushers will be applying techniques against him that he has little practice contending with.  You may end up with a QB on the injury list before this guy learns to play. 

I like Wirfs at RT and Andrew Thomas at LT

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, JetNation said:

OeD8CTquwvU

Please become our GM!!!!  Love that mock draft!!!!

• Sympathy 1

I'd be very happy with this draft - seems to shore up the o-line, gives us some young WR potential and I do like the pass rusher. Kicker in the 6th is great if he works out. I'm a little worried abou Becton - seems a lot of people are giving him a high bust potential. If he works out could be a monster body guard for Darnold out there though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I dont agree. Mekhi Becton, IMHO would be a mistake. Beware of fast climbers in the draft due to measureables and combine.  I dont like how Becton pretty much blasts, throws and tosses players out of his way. It works against college players, but not in the pros.  NFL edge rushers will be applying techniques against him that he has little practice contending with.  You may end up with a QB on the injury list before this guy learns to play. 
I like Wirfs at RT and Andrew Thomas at LT

Good points. I love Wirfs too.
The thing I have with him is the RT piece. We are looking for the premier LT and everyone thinks he will have an easy transition to the left side. I don’t like to assume that.
Believe me I was about to take Wirfs as more of a sh*te thing for at least RT but Becton is a true LT and an absolute beast.

What I’m really hoping is that Thomas slides down. That’s the slam dunk imo.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Good points. I love Wirfs too.
The thing I have with him is the RT piece. We are looking for the premier LT and everyone thinks he will have an easy transition to the left side. I don’t like to assume that.
Believe me I was about to take Wirfs as more of a sh*te thing for at least RT but Becton is a true LT and an absolute beast.

What I’m really hoping is that Thomas slides down. That’s the slam dunk imo.

I'm with you 100 %.  Thomas would be the safe play.  Wirfs may or may not work out on the left side and Becton may pick things up quickly, but when you need five offensive you need to be sure about what you are doing.  The Jets can not afford to take project players for the line.  I am HOPING they get some sure talent for the line in FA.  Lets see what JD can do... 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, SR24 said:

This is the worst time in sports lol its too long!!!!

Agreed.  Things get better IMO when the March madness tournament starts.  Football is my number one sport by a wide margin, but there is nothing like the excitement of a few weeks of "Win or go home" sports,  The tournament simply cant be duplicated.

Then immediately after that the snowball starts for my favorite time of the year:

Free Agency the next day

The Masters starting the following weekend after the tournament ends

The NFL Draft at the end of the month

Just an exciting stretch for Sports fans in general...  CANT WAIT *Bart's voice*

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Agreed.  Things get better IMO when the March madness tournament starts.  Football is my number one sport by a wide margin, but there is nothing like the excitement of a few weeks of "Win or go home" sports,  The tournament simply cant be duplicated.

Then immediately after that the snowball starts for my favorite time of the year:

Free Agency the next day

The Masters starting the following weekend after the tournament ends

The NFL Draft at the end of the month

Just an exciting stretch for Sports fans in general...  CANT WAIT *Bart's voice*

I agree completely lol I got so bored today I went and did a full mock offseason for the Jets on the draft forum lol. I can't wait for March 18th the suspense and wonder is killing me!!!! but knowing we're coming up on the draft and the masters definitely helps 

Great job as always Greenbean.  I think Wirfs is still my top pick but I would more than happy with Becton.  I like the two big WR’s in the third.  It’s pretty deep in WR this year so that bodes well for us especially having that extra third rounder 

While some of the guys available could be interchangeable, I am hoping so badly that we do what’s necessary to create a young and dominant OL. WR is immediately following and it just so happens this draft is stocked with both. To hell with grabbing CB’s in a relatively weak class. Take what the draft gives, crush two weaknesses and move on. Next year we can cherry pick the other positions.

3 OL and 2 WR seems just about right

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd be very happy with this draft - seems to shore up the o-line, gives us some young WR potential and I do like the pass rusher. Kicker in the 6th is great if he works out. I'm a little worried abou Becton - seems a lot of people are giving him a high bust potential. If he works out could be a monster body guard for Darnold out there though.

That would be a dream come true.