Jump to content
Web72

A couple of trade down scenarios

Recommended Posts

So I’m beginning to think that we’re sitting in a pretty good spot for a trade down. Here’s my thoughts
Justin Herbert is still on the board @11 , we have 3 teams right behind us who should be very interested in getting him ( Raiders, Colts & Tampa ) should make for an easy trade down of just a few spots to pick up maybe a third round pick
or
Jerry Jones has be rumored to want to make a splash at the draft this year, Dallas looses Cooper to free agency, Jerry Jeudy and or Lamb are on the board. They’re gonna want to get in front of the Raiders to either have their choice of the 2 or take who’s left 
God I wish the draft would just get here already, the anticipation of what could be is killing me.
Tag and Trade Robbie (unlikely)... Trade our no 1 for a slightly lower 1 and 2or3. Draft best OL, WR, OL, CB.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Web72 said:

So I’m beginning to think that we’re sitting in a pretty good spot for a trade down. Here’s my thoughts

Justin Herbert is still on the board @11we have 3 teams right behind us who should be very interested in getting him ( Raiders, Colts & Tampa ) should make for an easy trade down of just a few spots to pick up maybe a third round pick

or

Jerry Jones has be rumored to want to make a splash at the draft this year, Dallas looses Cooper to free agency, Jerry Jeudy and or Lamb are on the board. They’re gonna want to get in front of the Raiders to either have their choice of the 2 or take who’s left 

God I wish the draft would just get here already, the anticipation of what could be is killing me.

That would be ideal, but don't think will happen. He may go in top 5 if he has a decent combine.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s also going to come down to how these prospects are viewed.  If lamb or Jeudy is considered a can’t miss star wr, that may be more beneficial than a pretty good tackle at 11 or a trade back where you get a pretty good wr.  I actually see lamb as a better fit with darnold, b/c Jeudy seems to me like a classic nfl route runner who guys like Brees and Brady would love b/c he’s so predictable, whereas lamb seems more likely to improvise and work with darnold to get open when darnold goes off schedule.  

The ‘chalk’ pick is still tackle at 11, where value will surely meet need, but watching the chiefs makes you realize that throwing several dangerous weapons out there with a qb who can sling it should get you to the playoffs.  Just don’t know what they’re going to be able to do in FA with OL signings.  I think one key thing to watch is Conklin, if the jets somehow get him, then wr is definitely in play at 11.  Also bear in mind that new gms love to make a splash with their first ever pick and wouldn’t douglas love to draft a wr who starts racking up tds with darnold.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Web72 said:

So I’m beginning to think that we’re sitting in a pretty good spot for a trade down. Here’s my thoughts

Justin Herbert is still on the board @11 , we have 3 teams right behind us who should be very interested in getting him ( Raiders, Colts & Tampa ) should make for an easy trade down of just a few spots to pick up maybe a third round pick

or

Jerry Jones has be rumored to want to make a splash at the draft this year, Dallas looses Cooper to free agency, Jerry Jeudy and or Lamb are on the board. They’re gonna want to get in front of the Raiders to either have their choice of the 2 or take who’s left 

God I wish the draft would just get here already, the anticipation of what could be is killing me.

Can't  wait for the predictions to draft Herbert and trade Sam.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The ‘chalk’ pick is still tackle at 11, where value will surely meet need, but watching the chiefs makes you realize that throwing several dangerous weapons out there with a qb who can sling it should get you to the playoffs.  Just don’t know what they’re going to be able to do in FA with OL signings.  I think one key thing to watch is Conklin, if the jets somehow get him, then wr is definitely in play at 11.  Also bear in mind that new gms love to make a splash with their first ever pick and wouldn’t douglas love to draft a wr who starts racking up tds with darnold.

I'm right there with you, I think if we can somehow get Conklin then WR is in play at #11. Although I think that if one of the top 2 OTs are there then you have to consider taking the LT. I still want Glasgow in FA too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh I'd need a haul to move off 11 definitely not an extra 3rd I'd rather stay at 11 take one of the 4 OTs or Juedy/Lamb. Joe D needs to be aggressive in adding at least 2 OL pieces this offseason (Thuney and Glasgow hopefully)   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Web72 said:

Jerry Jones has be rumored to want to make a splash at the draft this year, Dallas looses Cooper to free agency, Jerry Jeudy and or Lamb are on the board. They’re gonna want to get in front of the Raiders to either have their choice of the 2 or take who’s left 

I think this is the most likely trade down option. Not just the Cowboys, but any team below the Raiders who values WR talent. They're the team to jump. 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Just don’t know what they’re going to be able to do in FA with OL signings.  I think one key thing to watch is Conklin, if the jets somehow get him, then wr is definitely in play at 11.  Also bear in mind that new gms love to make a splash with their first ever pick and wouldn’t douglas love to draft a wr who starts racking up tds with darnold.

If the Jets can sign two starting OL upgrades in free agency, at any positions on the line, that should free them up to go BAP at #11. That could be a WR or Edge. 

And if this board is any indication of the feelings of Jet fans as a whole, then Joe Douglas would be making a splash by drafting an OT. We'll see how he does before the draft, signings, trades, etc., but I think he enters his first draft with a little bit of a honeymoon period. As long as he avoids safeties, DTs, and players absolutely no one had in their top 20, I think he'll be fine with the fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Eh I'd need a haul to move off 11 definitely not an extra 3rd I'd rather stay at 11 take one of the 4 OTs or Juedy/Lamb. Joe D needs to be aggressive in adding at least 2 OL pieces this offseason (Thuney and Glasgow hopefully)   

Agree- they could get more than just a 3. I don’t hate the idea though! But need more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A team moving up for Jeudy/Lamb seems like a pretty viable possibility although Dallas doesn’t work out too neatly chart wise. Unfortunately a lot of the teams that do in the Miami, Vegas, Jacksonville range and those teams are not likely candidates with Jacksonville also at 9, Vegas also at 12, and Miami in the division and at 5.

Denver’s three and 15 for 11 is pretty close on the chart and they have a need. Right now don’t think Indy and Vegas go tackle. Tampa maybe I suppose.

I still think a trade down that annoys the fanbase seems pretty likely. Draft media seems lower on the tackles than the board, Jones at Jackson who are potentially going in the 20’s seem to fit the traditional pass protecting tackle archetype more neatly than some of the top 4 guys, and this roster is in desperate need of some depth. Maybe Douglas likes Thomas at eleven though and he’s there. That’s probably the cleanest outcome. Thomas after a trade down would be pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'after Burrow' QB dynamic will be restringing.  I still think at least one and maybe both herbet and tua will be there at 11.  In any case it is all good as if they both are gone by then we get our OT most likely and if they are on the board we do have a legit traded down possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the grand scheme of the draft i just cant see any team moving up for a wide receiver in this upcoming draft.....there are literally 20 receivers that will carry a first round grade.  At least 5-6 of them will go in the first round.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

In the grand scheme of the draft i just cant see any team moving up for a wide receiver in this upcoming draft.....there are literally 20 receivers that will carry a first round grade.  At least 5-6 of them will go in the first round.

This.  The depth of this WR class is thought to weaken the value of the top-end guys (in other words, why invest a high first rounder on a WR when there undoubtedly will be other good WR options in rounds 2 or 3?).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think it’s also going to come down to how these prospects are viewed.  If lamb or Jeudy is considered a can’t miss star wr, that may be more beneficial than a pretty good tackle at 11 or a trade back where you get a pretty good wr.  I actually see lamb as a better fit with darnold, b/c Jeudy seems to me like a classic nfl route runner who guys like Brees and Brady would love b/c he’s so predictable, whereas lamb seems more likely to improvise and work with darnold to get open when darnold goes off schedule.  

The ‘chalk’ pick is still tackle at 11, where value will surely meet need, but watching the chiefs makes you realize that throwing several dangerous weapons out there with a qb who can sling it should get you to the playoffs.  Just don’t know what they’re going to be able to do in FA with OL signings.  I think one key thing to watch is Conklin, if the jets somehow get him, then wr is definitely in play at 11.  Also bear in mind that new gms love to make a splash with their first ever pick and wouldn’t douglas love to draft a wr who starts racking up tds with darnold.

+ 7 

good post here. If the Jets pull Conklin, it’s going to make things really interesting. Lamb needs to make it past Arizona first though. Doubtful. Pairing Kyler back up with Lamb is too sweet of a deal for Kluff as someone else mentioned to me yesterday. Lamb is my guy though. Would be a great get for JD (assuming he has taken care of OT in FA)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think it’s also going to come down to how these prospects are viewed.  If lamb or Jeudy is considered a can’t miss star wr, that may be more beneficial than a pretty good tackle at 11 or a trade back where you get a pretty good wr.  I actually see lamb as a better fit with darnold, b/c Jeudy seems to me like a classic nfl route runner who guys like Brees and Brady would love b/c he’s so predictable, whereas lamb seems more likely to improvise and work with darnold to get open when darnold goes off schedule.  

The ‘chalk’ pick is still tackle at 11, where value will surely meet need, but watching the chiefs makes you realize that throwing several dangerous weapons out there with a qb who can sling it should get you to the playoffs.  Just don’t know what they’re going to be able to do in FA with OL signings.  I think one key thing to watch is Conklin, if the jets somehow get him, then wr is definitely in play at 11.  Also bear in mind that new gms love to make a splash with their first ever pick and wouldn’t douglas love to draft a wr who starts racking up tds with darnold.

I like the Lamb analytics but lots of Swiss cheese with other points. A RT is just 1/5 of the line. We need to revamp the entire line. And Mahomes slinging it all over the place is only possible with time as would be with any QB. OL is paramount. Even if we sign 2 FA OL we need to draft more OL. WR can wait. It’s a deep WR draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to go back any farther then about #16 in this Draft.  That should still have the Jets in a position for one of the Top 5 OTs or Top 3 WRs, and....in a worst case scenario, an excellent Edge guy or CB which wouldn't be horrible if the Jets had just accumulated another 2nd round pick for the trade down.

Ideally, by moving back 3, 4, maybe 5 spots....they could still land an OT like Becton or Josh Jones assuming that Wills, Wirfs and Thomas are gone.  I'd also be okay with Henry Ruggs at WR (I know that some would not).  If Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs as well as Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, Becton and Jones are all gone (8 players in two positions groups in just the first 15 or 16 picks!) then I'm looking for someone like Epenesa or maybe CB Kristian Fulton.  I could also potentially be talked into Tee Higgins here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe the Breadman said:

In the grand scheme of the draft i just cant see any team moving up for a wide receiver in this upcoming draft.....there are literally 20 receivers that will carry a first round grade.  At least 5-6 of them will go in the first round.

Agreed and I already predict the best WR in this draft will not be taken in round one when all is said and done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think adding 2 more picks in this draft will be incredibly beneficial. All the talk is the draft is very deep at OL WR and CB. All huge needs for us. If we could double up on all three maybe even triple up on OL that will go a long way toward rebuilding this roster

Using the Dallas trade back scenario we trade our 11 or their 17, third rounder (82) & Fourth rounder (113) this is the draft I had using the draft networks mock simulator

We end up with 
Andrew Thomas. Day 1 starter

Noah Igbinoghene. Day 1 starter

Donavan Peoples Jones. #1 Wr potential

Darrell Taylor. Very good pass rusher 

Tyler Badass. Day 1 starter

Solomon Kindley. Very above average guard 

Bryan Edwards Very capable Wr

Ezera Cleveland Quality depth piece or better..Has played all 3 positions on the Ol

Nevelle Clarke a good project corner..


603AAF90-169A-430E-85D0-85DF9AB275C4.thumb.png.9454cbfe7feb1a8526ca79a97f221c59.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I know there’s a good chance THOMAS isn’t available at 17 and some of these guys will be long gone by the time my picks came up but as long as Joe Douglas likes  Josh Jones enough to gamble on him this trade makes so much sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are staring at Jeudy, Lamb, and/or a tackle we really like, f*ck trading down. 

Take one of those guys. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't want to go back any farther then about #16 in this Draft.  That should still have the Jets in a position for one of the Top 5 OTs or Top 3 WRs, and....in a worst case scenario, an excellent Edge guy or CB which wouldn't be horrible if the Jets had just accumulated another 2nd round pick for the trade down.

Ideally, by moving back 3, 4, maybe 5 spots....they could still land an OT like Becton or Josh Jones assuming that Wills, Wirfs and Thomas are gone.  I'd also be okay with Henry Ruggs at WR (I know that some would not).  If Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs as well as Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, Becton and Jones are all gone (8 players in two positions groups in just the first 15 or 16 picks!) then I'm looking for someone like Epenesa or maybe CB Kristian Fulton.  I could also potentially be talked into Tee Higgins here.

I’d be very pissed if the later part of your prediction came true. The tv may get a real kicking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’d be very pissed if the later part of your prediction came true. The tv may get a real kicking.

I can't imagine a scenario that moves the Jets back just a few picks and has them missing all 8 of the players I mentioned.  That would mean some serious defensive talent is dropping, QBs are dropping, etc.  I guess it could happen but most here would probably agree that there would still be a WR worthy of a pick in that spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this draft is as deep in OL and WR as everyone’s claiming then trading down makes the most sense for this team.

If even you get less than value than you would like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm right there with you, I think if we can somehow get Conklin then WR is in play at #11. Although I think that if one of the top 2 OTs are there then you have to consider taking the LT. I still want Glasgow in FA too.

I'm thinking even signing beachum and thuney might be enough for them to pass a tackle in round one if one of the top wide receivers is there.

Wide receiver in round one center in round two and you still have a lot of new blood on the offensive line.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...