How much more does Darnold step up his game

On 2/21/2020 at 12:56 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

Please find the post where me or greenwhichjets fan have tried correcting you about how you spell something. The only thing I've corrected you on twice is your TT debacle, which you've now sidestepped twice while responding to every single other post in this thread. That alone tells me you agree, so I'm good. 

Wait.  Who the **** are you? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Mo money, Mo problems...

I'm building a "third home, second vacation home" up on the East End of Long Island right now that is turning into the second coming of Tara.

It's all good, but do you ever stop and say to yourself, "wtf am I doing here? At what point do I start to think downsizing"?

Keep building and acquiring assets, love and money until you can't get it up, can't think and you realize a women who doesn't speak english is feeding cream of wheat to you for dinner.  If you even start thinking about it, it's probably too late.  

• Sympathy 1

When you spend $2,300 a month on your cars you can tell me what is or isn’t “yours”.  That’s almost as much as my beach house mortgage. 

And unless you’re buying brand new luxury cars for cash, that monthly payment is going straight to the bank that granted your loan, so no one “owns” their cars except those in 8 year old rust buckets. 

SAR I
I just paid off my Wrangler ... Gonna keep it for 5 more years .. love this car.

I don't know anyone paying banks interest on their homes if they can afford to pay it off

The only thing that would make that make sense is if holding the cash was making you more money than the compound interest your paying.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2020 at 12:56 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

Please find the post where me or greenwhichjets fan have tried correcting you about how you spell something. The only thing I've corrected you on twice is your TT debacle, which you've now sidestepped twice while responding to every single other post in this thread. That alone tells me you agree, so I'm good. 

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wait.  Who the **** are you? 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I don’t even know what this means or why you’re addressing me. Are you incapable of reading my username or are you attempting to defend the honor of the poster I was responding to?

Did I offend the delicate flower?  I can read your user name.  I can also read your post.  Are you you or greenwhichjets fan?  If you don't know why should I?  Is it an alt account and you got confused while ganging up on JiF?  Are you Sybil?  Enquiring minds want to know. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did I offend the delicate flower?  I can read your user name.  I can also read your post.  Are you you or greenwhichjets fan?  If you don't know why should I?  Is it an alt account and you got confused while ganging up on JiF?  Are you Sybil?  Enquiring minds want to know. 

I’ll admit I was thrown off by your original post Dom. However, if you had just scrolled up, you’d have noticed that ChadTheMan was doing that weird thing again where he purposefully misspells my username because he’s upset that I shut him down:

On 2/21/2020 at 9:52 AM, CTM said:

Thanks! I do enjoy it, particularly when the same person corrects me over and over, greenwhichjets fan

I’m me. I don’t know who greenwhichjets fan is. Which is why I asked ChadTheMan on behalf of both of us.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

ChadTheMan was doing that weird thing again where he purposefully misspells my username because he’s upset that I shut him down:

If by shut me down you mean you spewed so much stupid that I surmised that banging my head against a wall repeatedly would be a more productive use of my time then yes, I do that after you shut me down 

7 hours ago, CTM said:

If by shut me down you mean you spewed so much stupid that I surmised that banging my head against a wall repeatedly would be a more productive use of my time then yes, I do that after you shut me down 

I mean shut you down in the way that you’ve responded to every other post in this thread, including posts about testes, but you’ve sidestepped every post in which I’ve called out your imbecile take on TT. Your inability to respond directly to it without resorting to multiple posts calling me stupid is just icing on the cake. Your response to this will be sidestep #5 and I can’t wait. I even have a custom tailored ChadTheMan gif fired up and ready to go.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I think he becomes a top 10ish QB this year.  I believe the OL is priority #1 and we'll have a good one.  A QB that can extend plays and play well with a bad OL should be really good with a good one.

Think that’s a simple yet reasonable conclusion without overstating it. I also think he needs the O line more than he needs weapons at this point. I think he will be good enough to work with good skill players but not sure any QB can play consistently well with a bottom 5ish O line. Maybe quick release guys like Brady but even that’s questionable, considering his line was able to hold for a decade. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I mean shut you down in the way that you’ve responded to every other post in this thread, including posts about testes, but you’ve sidestepped every post in which I’ve called out your imbecile take on TT. Your inability to respond directly to it without resorting to multiple posts calling me stupid is just icing on the cake. Your response to this will be sidestep #5 and I can’t wait. I even have a custom tailored ChadTheMan gif fired up and ready to go.

I’ve been posting with CTM for over a decade. His knowledge of testes transcends any message board. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I think he becomes a top 10ish QB this year.  I believe the OL is priority #1 and we'll have a good one.  A QB that can extend plays and play well with a bad OL should be really good with a good one.

I think he’s still very raw and simply doesn’t have the experience necessary for him to take that next leap to top 10 or top 5 on his own. I think he has the ability, but unfortunately, I don’t think Gase is the one to be able to help him get there.

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’ve been posting with CTM for over a decade. His knowledge of testes transcends any message board. 

Haha between JN and JI, I have too. And between all the mafia and idiot takes on football, I’m forced to agree that a complete understanding of testes is the only measurable quality he’s displayed on these sites!

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

What did I side step exactly? I answered your question about LJ and Mahommes. I dont hang on your every word like you do mine.

51 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Think that’s a simple yet reasonable conclusion without overstating it. I also think he needs the O line more than he needs weapons at this point. I think he will be good enough to work with good skill players but not sure any QB can play consistently well with a bottom 5ish O line. Maybe quick release guys like Brady but even that’s questionable, considering his line was able to hold for a decade. 

I agree, I don't think the weapons are as important for him.  This offseason is critical, we've heard great things since day 1 about our new GM.  Now he has to deliver.

41 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I think he’s still very raw and simply doesn’t have the experience necessary for him to take that next leap to top 10 or top 5 on his own. I think he has the ability, but unfortunately, I don’t think Gase is the one to be able to help him get there.

Maybe you are right about Gase but Sam has shown enough that with more talent around him he can take a leap.  Even with a bad OL and not great weapons he was good after coming back from mono.  

• Upvote 1

If he finished top 15 in most major categories I think I would consider that successful. Top 15 in yards/TDs/Completion%. 

I dont expect him to be top 15 in INTs this year, he just doesnt seem like that kind of player. He'll definitely try to do too much and turn the ball over.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jcass10 said:

If he finished top 15 in most major categories I think I would consider that successful. Top 15 in yards/TDs/Completion%. 

I dont expect him to be top 15 in INTs this year, he just doesnt seem like that kind of player. He'll definitely try to do too much and turn the ball over.

Sam takes chances a lot of times because he has to.  In many ways he’s actually more accurate when he’s getting pressured and forced to improvise 

He is always going to have high INT but if his TDs go up significantly who cares

11 hours ago, nyjunc said:

You are correct but there are about 5 people on this board who have never seen Darnold play well. 

58 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Sam Darnold is the best qb in the AFC East and 2nd best in the conference only slightly behind Mahomes.

Exactly right.  Line up all the AFC quarterbacks, pick the few you’d want to lead your franchise for the next 5 years, Darnold is #2 on the list. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, sameoldjetsstore said:

Darnold will be a top 10 quarterback in the league next year if he has an improved line and WR talent, and a top 5 quarterback in the NFL the following year. And every year after that. 

SOJF store suddenly changes tune. Print some optimistic t-shirts then we’ll believe you. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Sam Darnold is the best qb in the AFC East and 2nd best in the conference only slightly behind Mahomes.

^^^^ this quote was stolen directly from "The Wit and Wisdom of @HelenOfTroy"

I believe the book was published in April of 2018. You can still get a copy by contacting the USC bookstore, or Lori Loughlin.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:56 AM, nyjunc said:

I agree, I don't think the weapons are as important for him.  This offseason is critical, we've heard great things since day 1 about our new GM.  Now he has to deliver.

Maybe you are right about Gase but Sam has shown enough that with more talent around him he can take a leap.  Even with a bad OL and not great weapons he was good after coming back from mono.  

Get Sam Jerry Jeudy and an upgraded OL the sky is the limit

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

“Sam needs to step the F up,” is how one of his former teammates put it recently

How could Sam Darnold have led this 1-7 team with all those injuries and while recovering from a debilitating disease to a record of 6-2 down the stretch?

Answer:  He stepped the F up.

Sam carried this offense on his back down the stretch of the season.  We had the worst rushing attack in the NFL.  We had the worst OL in the NFL.  Winning 6 out of 8 games is F-ing amazing.

SAR I