NFL Mock Draft 2.0: Mel Kiper

Big_Slick

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Would like to see who he had us taking in Rd. 2 and who was still available when we took Lamb (from the obvious targets). I think the justification for taking Lamb is pretty obvious. 

Agree. Think he had the three QB's going in the top 5. I have a feeling the Giants can sit at #4 and get Chase Young. Think Burrow will go 1, Skins trade out to Dolphins, who take Tua, and Chargers panic and trade up to 3 for Herbert.

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The precarious drop of Andrew Thomas is precarious.

He's not going to drop unless he completely whiffs on interviews which I highly doubt. He's still my #1 Tackle and I can't see my grade changing on him between now and the draft. He's a pure LT that will be starting from the get go as a rookie for someone....hopefully us.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I would only  be in favour of lamb or jeudy if all of the top 3 or 4 ots are off the board.

I can see the jets taking lamb, not Jeudy.  I think lamb is the next superstar wr.  If they think so i can see them pairing him with darnold, especially if they land a tackle in FA.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Kiper is losing his mind with that prediction. This is a great WR draft class no doubt, but there is no way in hell 25-30 of them go in the first three rounds. Absolute zero chance of that happening.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's not going to drop unless he completely whiffs on interviews which I highly doubt. He's still my #1 Tackle and I can't see my grade changing on him between now and the draft. He's a pure LT that will be starting from the get go as a rookie for someone....hopefully us.

People have issues with his hand technique... not his strength, length, mobility, instincts, anchor, talent... but hand technique. Wirfs or Thomas are perfect for this team and either one is here for the next 10 years and I'm perfectly fine with that.

• Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, RobR said:

Kiper is losing his mind with that prediction. This is a great WR draft class no doubt, but there is no way in hell 25-30 of them go in the first three rounds. Absolute zero chance of that happening.

I agree.  I could see maybe 18 at the most going in the first 3 rounds.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I agree.  I could see maybe 18 at the most going in the first 3 rounds.  

At the most because this draft is also strong in other areas. I wonder what the stats are for Olineman selections in the first three rounds. I'd definitely be taking the over on that stat this year.

11 hours ago, kdels62 said:

People have issues with his hand technique... not his strength, length, mobility, instincts, anchor, talent... but hand technique. Wirfs or Thomas are perfect for this team and either one is here for the next 10 years and I'm perfectly fine with that.

He is certainly not as beloved by draft analysts as he was a month or so ago.  One of them, either Dane Brugler or Matt Miller, noted that he spends too much time on the ground. 

14 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I can see the jets taking lamb, not Jeudy.  I think lamb is the next superstar wr.  If they think so i can see them pairing him with darnold, especially if they land a tackle in FA.  

I think this will be similar to the 2014 draft which yielded multiple 'star' WRs (Watkins, Landry, Beckham, Evans, Adams, Landry). Whereas Beckham was the only 'superstar' this year we may see more than one. Might be both Jeudy and Lamb. I've actually been looking more and more at Ruggs and that dude is an absolute stud. If he learns a proper route tree there is no stopping him. His hands are unbelievable, speed and athleticism are unmatched. He doesn't a have the feet and route running ability of Jeudy and he is not as polished as Lamb but boy is the upside there.  

50 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I think this will be similar to the 2014 draft which yielded multiple 'star' WRs (Watkins, Landry, Beckham, Evans, Adams, Landry). Whereas Beckham was the only 'superstar' this year we may see more than one. Might be both Jeudy and Lamb. I've actually been looking more and more at Ruggs and that dude is an absolute stud. If he learns a proper route tree there is no stopping him. His hands are unbelievable, speed and athleticism are unmatched. He doesn't a have the feet and route running ability of Jeudy and he is not as polished as Lamb but boy is the upside there.  

WR Ruggs and OT Josh Jones are my targets if the Jets end up trading back from #11 to something like 15 or 16.  There are 5 OTs and 3 WRs I'd be fine with in the Top 15.  Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, Becton, Jones and Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs.  You would just need 7 other guys at ANY other position taken to make one of those available at #15.   Have to figure that Young, Okudah and Simmons definitely go.  Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw are very possible too.  And then you have the QBs.....if Burrow and Tua go then voila!  One of my Top 8 OT/WR group is there at #15.

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

WR Ruggs and OT Josh Jones are my targets if the Jets end up trading back from #11 to something like 15 or 16.  There are 5 OTs and 3 WRs I'd be fine with in the Top 15.  Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, Becton, Jones and Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs.  You would just need 7 other guys at ANY other position taken to make one of those available at #15.   Have to figure that Young, Okudah and Simmons definitely go.  Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw are very possible too.  And then you have the QBs.....if Burrow and Tua go then voila!  One of my Top 8 OT/WR group is there at #15.

Yup, I'd have no problem moving down and taking one of those players. The difficult part will be making a trade happen where we stay within that range. Raiders, Colts, Bucs, Broncos, Falcons are the teams selecting right after us. I think the only hope is that a QB like Herbert or Love is there and one of those teams are absolutely in love with them.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

Yup, I'd have no problem moving down and taking one of those players. The difficult part will be making a trade happen where we stay within that range. Raiders, Colts, Bucs, Broncos, Falcons are the teams selecting right after us. I think the only hope is that a QB like Herbert or Love is there and one of those teams are absolutely in love with them.   

I honestly think the opportunity to trade back will be if a D guy falls, like a Simmons or Brown.

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:32 AM, PepPep said:

Would like to see who he had us taking in Rd. 2 and who was still available when we took Lamb (from the obvious targets). I think the justification for taking Lamb is pretty obvious. 

Josh Jones and Andrew Thomas were available at #11. I think JD takes one of them if the first 10 picks go as Kiper predicts. Unless he grabs two OL in free agency.

1. Cincinnati Bengals

Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Washington Redskins

Chase Young, DE, Ohio State

3. Detroit Lions

Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

4. New York Giants

Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State

5. Miami Dolphins

Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

6. Los Angeles Chargers

Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

7. Carolina Panthers

Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn

8. Arizona Cardinals

Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

9. Jacksonville Jaguars

Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson

10. Cleveland Browns

Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

11. New York Jets

CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

12. Las Vegas Raiders

Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

13. Indianapolis Colts

Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

K'Lavon Chaisson, OLB, LSU

15. Denver Broncos

Josh Jones, OT, Houston

16. Atlanta Falcons

A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa

17. Dallas Cowboys

Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama

18. Miami Dolphins (from PIT)

Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

19. Las Vegas Raiders (from CHI)

Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (from LAR)

CJ Henderson, CB, Florida

21. Philadelphia Eagles

Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

22. Buffalo Bills

Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

23. New England Patriots

Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

24. New Orleans Saints

Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn

25. Minnesota Vikings

Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota

26. Miami Dolphins (from HOU)

D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

27. Seattle Seahawks

Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M

28. Baltimore Ravens

Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU

29. Tennessee Titans

Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State

30. Green Bay Packers

Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU

31. San Francisco 49ers

Grant Delpit, S, LSU

32. Kansas City Chiefs

Cesar Ruiz, C/G, Michigan

23 hours ago, RobR said:

It’s not that crazy.  The NFL is now a WR league just as much as it’s a QB league

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

3 Safeties going in the first round?

@Jetsfan80 and @T0mShane what kind of strange sorcery is this?

How very odd that he has the Cowboys taking a safety at 17 instead of trading that pick for an all-pro, all-world game-changing freak athlete culture changer like Jamal Adams. I wonder why a team would do something so silly as to pass on the rights to pay Jamal Adams $15+ mil per? Doesn’t Jerry Jones care about Pro Bowls???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Jets are in PRIMETIME trade back position at #11. If you look at most mock drafts there are some defensive players that could be prime targets (Epenesa & Chaisson) maybe the QBs (Herbert & Love?)

I also believe that anyone behind the Jets out of the Raiders, Colts, Bucs, Broncos, Falcons, none are in the AFC East so looking at them as a trade partner is highly likely. They know the Jets are looking for multiple picks in this draft, have their QB in Darnold & have a lot of holes in our roster. 

Having multiple #2s in this draft could land us a couple of Dynamic WRs to grow with Sam Darnold. Tee Higgins + Mims 2nd round? I think Higgins is underrated actually. I love the way he attacks the ball, runs with those long strides & has a fantastic straight arm with good length. Mims is one tough SOB and along with Crowder in the slot & Herndon back? They could use there 1st #3 on a Center, second #3 on RB (Hellaire?). 

OFFENSE! OFFENSE! OFFENSE! 

Every team with a weak defense dreading playing the NY Jets! That's what I want out of this draft. It's time for some damn offense. 

On 2/19/2020 at 8:12 PM, Augustiniak said:

JD MUST get a OL with either a FA or the 1st round pick one way or another. He could also trade someone (guess who) and get an extra 1st rounder to ensure we get a top OL and top WR. Regardless, it’s hard to imagine JD screwing this up. 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:22 PM, RobR said:

If Kipers prediction istrue, this could actually shift the NFL dramtically more towards an offensive focus.

18 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

JD MUST get a OL with either a FA or the 1st round pick one way or another. He could also trade someone (guess who) and get an extra 1st rounder to ensure we get a top OL and top WR. Regardless, it’s hard to imagine Idzik Maccagnan JD screwing this up. 

Something about this feels so familiar.  I really hope (and am amazed I can still do that) that JD reverses the trend.  I still have scars from the past few drafts.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Something about this feels so familiar.  I really hope (and am amazed I can still do that) that JD reverses the trend.  I still have scars from the past few drafts.

This coming FA and draft will be quite telling if we actually have a legit GM or another bozo sinking this organization into a deeper abyss. Crossing my fingers and toes. Worked in ‘86 with Mets down 2 in the 9th with 2 outs. ??

On 2/24/2020 at 7:32 AM, Jetster said:

I think the Jets are in PRIMETIME trade back position at #11. If you look at most mock drafts there are some defensive players that could be prime targets (Epenesa & Chaisson) maybe the QBs (Herbert & Love?)

I also believe that anyone behind the Jets out of the Raiders, Colts, Bucs, Broncos, Falcons, none are in the AFC East so looking at them as a trade partner is highly likely. They know the Jets are looking for multiple picks in this draft, have their QB in Darnold & have a lot of holes in our roster. 

Having multiple #2s in this draft could land us a couple of Dynamic WRs to grow with Sam Darnold. Tee Higgins + Mims 2nd round? I think Higgins is underrated actually. I love the way he attacks the ball, runs with those long strides & has a fantastic straight arm with good length. Mims is one tough SOB and along with Crowder in the slot & Herndon back? They could use there 1st #3 on a Center, second #3 on RB (Hellaire?). 

OFFENSE! OFFENSE! OFFENSE! 

Every team with a weak defense dreading playing the NY Jets! That's what I want out of this draft. It's time for some damn offense. 

Is this enough?

8206D650-5501-41C0-820D-D4107D440FDC.png