OBJ wants to come to the Jets

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

I’d give the Leonard Williams pick in a heartbeat. High third rounder.

OBJ is signed for the next 4 seasons at a reasonable contract and is cuttable with no dead money at anytime.  He’s due about $15 mill a season which is only 2-3 mill more per year than Robby Anderson is going to get for twice the player and a little more headache.

Id give him a little bit of more guaranteed money a la Laverneus Coles as a goodwill gesture.  Sam throwing to OBJ for the next 4 years would be incredible. He’s worth the risk IMO.

What happened in his first year in Cleveland doesn't bother you?

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

2019 stats:

WR#1 66 catches, 869 yards, 5 TD, yards/reception = 13.2, 32 years old

WR#2 52 catches, 779 yards, 5 TD, yards/reception = 15.0, 26 years old

Sanders is a slightly better all-around WR but Anderson has a knack for the big play, is 6 years younger, and has some chemistry with our young QB. 

It's a lost closer than you seem to think. 

You’re missing the point.

What’s the “risk” involved with Beckham people keep referring to? I know all his teammates love him wherever he goes so I don’t get the locker room cancer narrative that is given to him. Cause he’s flamboyant on the field? This guy has all the talent in the world. Randy Moss was considered a “cancer” too and all he did was go to the Pats and catch a million td passes 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s the “risk” involved with Beckham people keep referring to? I know all his teammates love him wherever he goes so I don’t get the locker room cancer narrative that is given to him. Cause he’s flamboyant on the field? This guy has all the talent in the world. Randy Moss was considered a “cancer” too and all he did was go to the Pats and catch a million td passes 

The obvious red flag would be that he is being traded for the second time in two years and would already be on his third team. 

Moss had a historically great season and caught a million TD passes in 2007, but they wanted to get rid of him (and did) by 2010. 

Moss at his peak was also better than Beckham will ever be. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Haha, I think you are, since you included Sanders in your post. 

The point is Jets fans always have a bias towards the players they know, regardless of who is better, cheaper, etc.

Robbie will get more and longer.

Sanders is more versatile, experience and will probably get paid less, but offers more savvy. Additionally, his veteran presence will be more valuable in the context of adding rookie WRs. 

All of this to say, JN has a long history of cry for out for what we need, but then never wanting the solutions that are available. Don’t kid yourself either, Sanders is a better WR. He’s had more competition for targets. Stats don’t tell the whole story there.

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s a gigantic pain in the neck to manage/coach and he drops a ton of passes. Unless the brothers Johnson step in, it’s unlikely the Jets being him in.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

The point is Jets fans always have a bias towards the players they know, regardless of who is better, cheaper, etc.

Robbie will get more and longer.

Sanders is more versatile, experience and will probably get paid less, but offers more savvy. Additionally, his veteran presence will be more valuable in the context of adding rookie WRs. 

All of this to say, JN has a long history of cry for out for what we need, but then never wanting the solutions that are available. Don’t kid yourself either, Sanders is a better WR. He’s had more competition for targets. Stats don’t tell the whole story there.

The bias makes sense in this case. 

The guy is six years younger and our QB has some chemistry with him. 

IMO, It makes absolutely no sense to give Sanders a big contract instead of Anderson. 

I have no problem if the Jets decide not to overpay Anderson. None whatsoever. But don't then turn around and give that money to a 32 year old WR who is marginally better. That makes zero sense to me. 

I have an idea - Why don't we draft some WRs in what is supposedly one of the most loaded WR draft classes ever?

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t think he gets nearly as much as Robby on the open market. As you mentioned, RA is 6 years under.

Yes, that's the one caveat. 

Sanders on a bargain is one thing. But, WRs tend to get PAID, as in overpaid. It's a premium position and Sanders is a name. He may not get RA money but he's probably getting a sizable contract from someone. 

2 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

How about Bell and Adams for OBJ and Kareem Hunt? We address WR and RB in one move. Allows us more flexibility in FA and the draft, and stops the war that's is coming between Adams and the Jets.

^^^WFAN caller #2

Ever hear of that Chubb guy the Browns have at RB? He's pretty good.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Really.... then why did you post this?

That sure sounds like a trade proposal to me...

I was responding to someone that wanted to trade Adams, which IMO is ridiculous!  I don't hold OBJ in high esteem.  He is very talented but a huge personality risk which I would stand clear.