OBJ wants to come to the Jets

Rhg1084

I hate to say this, and you know I could just be wrong here, but I rather have a narcissist WR that can win games vs Jamal. 

1 Jamal is playing S, and you shouldn't spend big money on that position - sorry you just shouldn't'

2 You should spend money on WR - and we need a guy who can get open

3 its a gamble but worth a shot. lets say it is a disaster with Odel, he woudl still have more impact and that jamal.

Offer a 1 year prove it deal, if he takes great, but if he doesnt no big deal, at least you gave team a chance to get better.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I was responding to someone that wanted to trade Adams, which IMO is ridiculous!  I don't hold OBJ in high esteem.  He is very talented but a huge personality risk which I would stand clear. 

Sounds like you are talking about Adams, interchangeable. However we need a #1 receiver more than a safety.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What happened in his first year in Cleveland doesn't bother you?

overal even id odel has terrible year its a huge upgrade for us. His effect on our team will be to give us more off option than we currently have. Plus it would be a big set in fixing our roster management. You pay high impact guys. Odel is 10 time better than Robby and on discount. Odel makes everyone else better on Off.

Pair that with another WR in the draft and hot damn we got an officne.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Eaton Beaver said:

Sounds like you are talking about Adams, interchangeable. However we need a #1 receiver more than a safety.

OBJ's talent is excellent, that is not the issue. His personality worries me. He wore out his welcome with the Giants and may be doing the same with the Browns. I'm very leery of trading for him.

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

What we giving up for him? Even on a “down year” year he still had 75 catches and 1035 yards 

https://www.si.com/.amp-jets/nfl/jets/news/odell-beckham-could-want-new-york-jets-as-destination?__twitter_impression=true

C231CF52-3BD4-452D-A24D-425C00510226.png

My offer is this... NOTHING.  I'd rather have Justin McDroppins on the roster before this bacillus... 

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Can't remember which thread, but Max banned him for 30 days.

I know it sounds crazy but search Springsteen. You might find it, LOL

Found it.

On 2/17/2020 at 2:04 PM, joewilly12 said:

Trade for this beast. 

@The Voice of Reason   :pooh: steaming pile of sh*t 

On 2/17/2020 at 5:02 PM, Maxman said:

One of my favorite Springsteen albums is Born in the USA.

Slightly unrelated but FYI you were just Banned in the USA.

LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

This looks really good for Adam Gase.

Landry and OBJ are tight and there's no way OBJ would be signaling he wants to come here if Landry didn't say glowing things about Gase.

God Bless Christopher Johnson.  Nailed it.

SAR I

New York's marketing and quality of life has a lot do with it. 

1 minute ago, 82nd Airborne said:

New York's marketing and quality of life has a lot do with it. 

Whatever it is, we have a talented player that wants to come here. We should make it happen! We're already going to have to overpay free agents to sign here I'll take a proven WR1 all day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The bias makes sense in this case. 

The guy is six years younger and our QB has some chemistry with him. 

IMO, It makes absolutely no sense to give Sanders a big contract instead of Anderson. 

I have no problem if the Jets decide not to overpay Anderson. None whatsoever. But don't then turn around and give that money to a 32 year old WR who is marginally better. That makes zero sense to me. 

I have an idea - Why don't we draft some WRs in what is supposedly one of the most loaded WR draft classes ever?

Yea, I’m not advocating paying a ton of Sanders. I’m pro-draft. Same page.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Remove that one catch on blown coverage where he ran straight down the field....and what do we got?

A talented WR1 who improves our offense immediately? WRs jobs are to exploit the defense and that's what he did regardless of how it happened he racked up a big game against us and backed his sh*t up. Everytime Sam capitalizes on blown coverages do those not count as him making the play? 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Sincere question for you:

If the Browns decided to trade OBJ one year after acquiring him, it wouldn't concern you at all that both the Browns and Giants moved on from a can-t-miss HOF talent in the prime of his career?

Well the Browns just revamped their front office and coaching staff, could be looking to go in a different direction. And every giants fan I know was crying after they dealt him. Listen, I’m not saying give up pick 11 for him. But if they can work out something reasonable I’d be all for it. Jets were the worst offense in football last season! Darnold and OBJ would make a nice connection 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was watching this one. he gashed us all day.

Yeah, I was there.  It was ugly.  This was the first game post-Mono announcement for Darnold where Siemian got hurt on a dirty hit by Myles Garrett.  The whole team was a train wreck that day.  I think we started Daryl Roberts at CB1 and it was Hairston's first game starting at CB2.  FYI - Hairston played 0 snaps in Week 1.  He played 94% of snaps in Week 2.