OBJ wants to come to the Jets

Rhg1084

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Plus, he wants to come back to NY for the club scene and his crew, not because he gives a sh*t about the Jets, and because he’s effectively blackballed from the Giants forever

Mr. Shane,  you dislike Jamal.  I get it.  Safeties are a dime a dozen.  When you get a chance to get a real talent,  I do not care if he wants to stand on his head on the sidelines.  you give it a look.  The man is one of if the not the best WR's  in the league and he puts the Jets on the map.  Real stars,  not Keyshawn Johnson.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

He wasnt even the best fantasy receiver on his own team.

He was injured all year.  Still one of the best in the league and 3 quarters of this board want us try and nab over the hill AJ Green. .  This is what I am talking about. Most are worried about cap.  Reminds me of Art Monk all over again.  Go big or stay home.  Odell all the way any day.  This team stinks.  Odell makes it better overnight.

9 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Mr. Shane,  you dislike Jamal.  I get it.  Safeties are a dime a dozen.  When you get a chance to get a real talent,  I do not care if he wants to stand on his head on the sidelines.  you give it a look.  The man is one of if the not the best WR's  in the league and he puts the Jets ion the map.  Real stars,  not Keyshawn Johnson.

Don’t get me wrong—I love, love, love OBJ as a player, but I was hoping he’d mature a bit and, at this point , it ain’t gonna happen. If Cleveland wants to dump him for cheap, I’d consider it, but I wouldn’t pay anything of real value for him because there’s a good chance he’s going to burn you. 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t get me wrong—I love, love, love OBJ as a player, but I was hoping he’d mature a bit and, at this point , it ain’t gonna happen. If Cleveland wants to dump him for cheap, I’d consider it, but I wouldn’t pay anything of real value for him because there’s a good chance he’s going to burn you. 

I think we can get him on the cheap.  Cleveland dont want him and he does not want to be there.  Cleveland is a cesspool.  He wants back in.  I would take him for our late third this year and a 2 next year.  They would do it if its offered.  We get the number one we have been craving since Al Toon.  I dont consider Keyshawan a number one since Chrebet took alot of that luster off.

1 minute ago, Matthew007b said:

you replace robbie anderson with OBJ and really sink money into the O-line you... got a pretty decent upgrade right there... he would have to be on a short leash though and keep the antics and drama at bay.

Forget the drama,  If the guy produces on the field.  Let him have his fun off the field.  Only thing that matters is Wins.  

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Way too much. Cleveland got Landry for a four and a seven. 

Mr. Shane,  Landry is not Odell.  Apples to oranges.  Odell is the real talent and Landry is the after thought.  Does Landry have the year he has if even an injured OBJ is not on the field.   I think not.  Landry would have drew all the double teams.  Thats why I say Odell on this team Crowder has a career year.

9 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I'm not giving up anything higher than a 4th this year for OBJ. Like many have said, great player but he is a massive headcase. Even if he does end up on the Jets, I would hope that doesn't stop them from still drafting at least 2 WR's this year.

Let him go to Vegas with Brady.

Not about the head,  its about what he does on the field.  Joe Willy was a head case,  but there was no internet back then.

13 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I'm not giving up anything higher than a 4th this year for OBJ. Like many have said, great player but he is a massive headcase. Even if he does end up on the Jets, I would hope that doesn't stop them from still drafting at least 2 WR's this year.

Let him go to Vegas with Brady.

Give up a 2nd or 3rd if that’s what it takes. The jets have never hit on a 2nd or 3rd rd pick in the history of their franchise anyway 

18 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Mr. Shane,  Landry is not Odell.  Apples to oranges.  Odell is the real talent and Landry is the after thought.  Does Landry have the year he has if even an injured OBJ is not on the field.   I think not.  Landry would have drew all the double teams.  Thats why I say Odell on this team Crowder has a career year.

Which is often

• Upvote 2

Last thing that I need to say on this topic. The NY Jets have zero talent, other than Safety,  QB and RB.  They bring in OBJ it  immediately makes Sam, Lev and every crappy wide receiver on this team better.  Head case and all.  he is a talent and no one here can deny it.  Bring the Cookoo bird in and watch how much better this team gets.  Keep living the mediocre Jets life.  I am done with it.  I want superstars on this team.  Keep drafting the Anthony Bechts of this world.  Tired of being thought of as second class citizens in this city.  Bring in the best you can when you can.  Fruity pebbles and all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

I’m offering the later third rounder and a conditional pick next year based on production. That’s it. 

I'm definitely on the side of not wanting him just because to me hes like a cancer. Almost like Shockey was to the Giants.  But just to play the other side most of his guarantee money was paid by the Giants and Cleveland. So if we did trade for him, he could be cut the year after if he still remains his old self with no cap hit.  Can you imagine if we can sign 2 O linemen in free agency, trade for OBJ with our late 3rd and a conditional 2nd or 3rd next year. Draft Jeudy or Lamb with our first. And go Oline, CB, Edge and RB with our other picks. 

OBJ, Jeudy or Lamb, Crowder and Bell with a rebuilt o line. Now we talkin!!!!!

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Like Le'Veon Bell has been?

Similar talents, both considered Top 5-10 at their positions, etc.

Well when you have one guy the defense has to worry about.  Who do you follow? The best player the team has.  Also the o-line was not good.  So it amplified the situation.  Bell will be better with better blocking and the defense having to worry about one of the best on the outside.  3 step drop fake to Lev.  OBJ on a stop and go.  I see it already, but SOJF can not.  Most dont want the Cookoo bird, punches kicking nets.  Sits on boats with his boys.  The man is competitive and was pissed and was having good times with friends,  but its a problem.  OK.  Take the over 30 AJ Green or the good always hurt soldier Amari cooper,  for more money OBJ is getting now.  Most here are ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So... lets not look to add a big talent to this team for the '20 season because Bell couldn't run behind our OL?

Uh, no.  But the $$$$ spent on Bell could have been better used on the OLine with a rookie RB behind it.  It's time to stop signing and trading for these types of guys IMO.  There's a reason OBJ seems to be available....this is supposedly one of the most talented WRs in the League and he'd be heading to his 3rd team while he's still only 27???  If the Giants couldn't deal with him how do we think he'll do here with the Jets?  I'd rather keep our Draft picks (and our $$$) and build a youthful team that can grow the culture, not upend it.  I've seen enough Trumaine Johnsons.  The NFL is about to be flooded with a dozen elite WRs who are all about 21-22 years old.

I'm not sure taking this on is a great idea but what do I know?

1421797878_ScreenShot2020-02-19at8_26_12PM.png.5249344e7b086d5b98debf972ceadfeb.png

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Hell no. He’s a head case that’s going to lose his sh*t when things don’t work out well and they’re not going to work out well. If they can get him for a 3rd yes otherwise no. 

Sam will make OBJ a star again 

why?

Sam > Baker Midget