Thoughts on Damien Woody’s take?

I agree, but you still have to use a premium pick on a WR. 

Without Anderson, the Jets WRs are as bad as any unit in the league. You have a nice slot guy in Crowder and . . . ? I guess you can resign an older Thomas on the cheap? Then what? 

The bottom line is that you still have to address that position in the draft in a meaningful way. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

Without Anderson, the Jets WRs are as bad as any unit in the league. You have a nice slot guy in Crowder and . . . ? I guess you can resign an older Thomas on the cheap? Then what? 

The bottom line is that you also have to address that position in the draft. 

This draft is deep enough to do both. Woody is 100% right on.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Would you sacrifice upgraded weapons in FA if it meant solidifying the OL? If it would allow me to grab Lamb or Jeudy then sure! 

I believe Greg Williams could do wonders with less than stellar players.  We should trade Jamal Adams and gain another 1st round pick. This will allow us to either draft two (2) OL or OL/WR in the 1st round.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Woody's right if Darnold becomes what we hope, his ability will lift everyone on
the offensive side of the ball.  He'll make WR's and TE's big time players like
Rodgers, Brady, Brees etc... do in their offenses

And so far he did do that to a certain extent. He also did it late into last year with Eli McGuire, Cannon, ect. 

But you still need to give the guy some actual NFL pieces and even more importantly some depth at WR.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I believe Greg Williams could do wonders with less than stellar players.  We should trade Jamal Adams and gain another 1st round pick. This will allow us to either draft two (2) OL or OL/WR in the 1st round.  

Preaching to the choir, brother. Two first round picks in this draft would be the absolute bomb. I’m so jealous of Miami’s pile of 1st rounders in this draft. This class presents solutions for all our biggest needs and filling those needs with blue chip/high ceiling players all for the cost of one strong safety would be a blessing.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The bottom line is that you still have to address that position in the draft in a meaningful way. 

If you look at the drafts of the past decade, fairly often the best wrs are being found in the 2nd or 3rd round.

We need to use at least two picks on Wrs and at least one of them in our top 4 picks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The new guy Smith has some good potential but as you said if we minus Robby and I am sure Enunwa we are looking at a current depth chart below:

#2 Smith

#3 Crowder

#4 Berrious

Resigning Thomas is good for depth, but we still are missing the #1 and more depth needed. As you said we certainly cannot ignore getting at least one solid starter at WR either from FA or the draft and likely at least 2 WRs in total 1 starter and 1 or more backups for depth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I hate to say it, but I agree.  With that being said, I dont think there is any way in hell someone is going to offer up a 1st for him, but if they did, I would jump all over it.  Grab an OL and best WR available in the 1st and go OL in the 2nd.  

1 minute ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I hate to say it, but I agree.  With that being said, I dont think there is any way in hell someone is going to offer up a 1st for him, but if they did, I would jump all over it.  Grab an OL and best WR available in the 1st and go OL in the 2nd.  

The Cowboys were offering a 1st and 3rd, no?

1 minute ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Cowboys offered first-round pick for Jets safety Jamal Adams, source says

• Post of the Week 1

My concern is that the OLine is so critical to everything that happens on offense and protecting our potential franchise QB that I'd flip the script of Draft 2 and Sign 1 to Sign 2 and Draft at least 1.  While this OLine class looks stellar at both OT and Center I'm not sure I see any guys as safe at D'Brick (taken at #5) and Mangold (late 1st), that I'd count on Week 1 of their rookie years.  The Jets have a tough schedule and the idea of throwing Mekhi Becton out there against Nick Bosa scares the sh*te out of me.  I want to sign a couple of seasoned, experienced, talented veterans.....and also draft some OLinemen of the future.

Go get H. Vaitai from Philly who is younger and a little more talented than Beachum to pencil in at LT.  And then sign at least one of Thuney, Scherff, Glasgow.....and also bring back Alex Lewis.  Before we even get to the Draft we should be pencilling in a Line of Vaitai (or Beachum), Alex Lewis, Harrison, Thuney, Edoga.   During the Draft we try to address OT (maybe RT or a guy who can play both) and try to upgrade Harrison.  I certainly don't want to start two rookies right next to each other.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1