Jump to content
Patriot Killa

Thoughts on Damien Woody’s take?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree that Eric Mangini brought about the last good era of Jets football

Would you sacrifice upgraded weapons in FA if it meant solidifying the OL? If it would allow me to grab Lamb or Jeudy then sure! 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easier said than done, there need to be two day 1 starters available when we pick 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Would you sacrifice upgraded weapons in FA if it meant solidifying the OL? If it would allow me to grab Lamb or Jeudy then sure! 

I believe Greg Williams could do wonders with less than stellar players.  We should trade Jamal Adams and gain another 1st round pick. This will allow us to either draft two (2) OL or OL/WR in the 1st round.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woody's right if Darnold becomes what we hope, his ability will lift everyone on
the offensive side of the ball.  He'll make WR's and TE's big time players like
Rodgers, Brady, Brees etc... do in their offenses

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why I'm not against a trade down, even if it is just trading down in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, the team has a huge number of needs.

3 O Lineman, probably 2 WR, honestly 1-2 corners.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Woody's right if Darnold becomes what we hope, his ability will lift everyone on
the offensive side of the ball.  He'll make WR's and TE's big time players like
Rodgers, Brady, Brees etc... do in their offenses

And so far he did do that to a certain extent. He also did it late into last year with Eli McGuire, Cannon, ect. 

But you still need to give the guy some actual NFL pieces and even more importantly some depth at WR.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chirorob said:

That's why I'm not against a trade down, even if it is just trading down in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, the team has a huge number of needs.

3 O Lineman, probably 2 WR, honestly 1-2 corners.

Don't forget pass rusher.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Damien Woody doesnt know that the Jets OL was elite at pass blocking, ranking 3rd overall in time to throw, giving plenty of time for the WR's to get open and Sam to find them.  

The offense is fine, we need more D!!!!!
 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Don't forget pass rusher.  

Why not, the GMs always do.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out that you need to fix the oline and protect the QB.   

Macc didn't get it, and he was an NFL GM.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I believe Greg Williams could do wonders with less than stellar players.  We should trade Jamal Adams and gain another 1st round pick. This will allow us to either draft two (2) OL or OL/WR in the 1st round.  

Preaching to the choir, brother. Two first round picks in this draft would be the absolute bomb. I’m so jealous of Miami’s pile of 1st rounders in this draft. This class presents solutions for all our biggest needs and filling those needs with blue chip/high ceiling players all for the cost of one strong safety would be a blessing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree, but you still have to use a premium pick on a WR. 

Without Anderson, the Jets WRs are as bad as any unit in the league. You have a nice slot guy in Crowder and . . . ? I guess you can resign an older Thomas on the cheap? Then what? 

The bottom line is that you still have to address that position in the draft in a meaningful way. 

If you look at the drafts of the past decade, fairly often the best wrs are being found in the 2nd or 3rd round.

We need to use at least two picks on Wrs and at least one of them in our top 4 picks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade....down.....We need a ton of top 100 picks if we don’t trade Jamal. 

that is all. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I agree, but you still have to use a premium pick on a WR. 

Without Anderson, the Jets WRs are as bad as any unit in the league. You have a nice slot guy in Crowder and . . . ? I guess you can resign an older Thomas on the cheap? Then what? 

The bottom line is that you still have to address that position in the draft in a meaningful way. 

The new guy Smith has some good potential but as you said if we minus Robby and I am sure Enunwa we are looking at a current depth chart below:

#2 Smith

#3 Crowder

#4 Berrious

Resigning Thomas is good for depth, but we still are missing the #1 and more depth needed. As you said we certainly cannot ignore getting at least one solid starter at WR either from FA or the draft and likely at least 2 WRs in total 1 starter and 1 or more backups for depth.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as offensive line is concerned i think everyone is sick of discussing it. Big Joe has to add at LEAST 2 starting caliber vets and DRAFT 2 quality linemen to groom. Then i will worry about receivers.

 

Its all about the line. Period.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I believe Greg Williams could do wonders with less than stellar players.  We should trade Jamal Adams and gain another 1st round pick. This will allow us to either draft two (2) OL or OL/WR in the 1st round.  

I hate to say it, but I agree.  With that being said, I dont think there is any way in hell someone is going to offer up a 1st for him, but if they did, I would jump all over it.  Grab an OL and best WR available in the 1st and go OL in the 2nd.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I hate to say it, but I agree.  With that being said, I dont think there is any way in hell someone is going to offer up a 1st for him, but if they did, I would jump all over it.  Grab an OL and best WR available in the 1st and go OL in the 2nd.  

The Cowboys were offering a 1st and 3rd, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I hate to say it, but I agree.  With that being said, I dont think there is any way in hell someone is going to offer up a 1st for him, but if they did, I would jump all over it.  Grab an OL and best WR available in the 1st and go OL in the 2nd.  

Cowboys offered first-round pick for Jets safety Jamal Adams, source says

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My concern is that the OLine is so critical to everything that happens on offense and protecting our potential franchise QB that I'd flip the script of Draft 2 and Sign 1 to Sign 2 and Draft at least 1.  While this OLine class looks stellar at both OT and Center I'm not sure I see any guys as safe at D'Brick (taken at #5) and Mangold (late 1st), that I'd count on Week 1 of their rookie years.  The Jets have a tough schedule and the idea of throwing Mekhi Becton out there against Nick Bosa scares the sh*te out of me.  I want to sign a couple of seasoned, experienced, talented veterans.....and also draft some OLinemen of the future.

Go get H. Vaitai from Philly who is younger and a little more talented than Beachum to pencil in at LT.  And then sign at least one of Thuney, Scherff, Glasgow.....and also bring back Alex Lewis.  Before we even get to the Draft we should be pencilling in a Line of Vaitai (or Beachum), Alex Lewis, Harrison, Thuney, Edoga.   During the Draft we try to address OT (maybe RT or a guy who can play both) and try to upgrade Harrison.  I certainly don't want to start two rookies right next to each other.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...