Ever Give Your Child a Haircut?

Smizzy

My son Dylan hates the barber. With a passion. So I cut his hair at home. Standard crew cut type stuff. Ive been doing a good job for about 3 years.

Fast forward to tonigh...7 pm.

I decide it's a good idea to give my son Jaden his first haircut ,since his 1st birthday just passed. Well I whip out the old buzzers,with confidence of course. Im cutting away at these golden locks of hair...my wife cringes with every single buzz of the clippers...I mock her while beating my chest.

I did a decent job considering he hated it about as much as his brother does.

So he got up for a while about 1:45am...I was marveling over my masterpiece ,when I noticed a long clump of hairs on the back of his head. So I bust out the old clippers to fix and then it happened....he turned his head and I took a giant hunk of hair right off the top of his head.

So the only thing I could do was a total crew cut to make everything as short as that cut.

My wife went to bed not very pleased with the first haircut. She is going to wake up to an even worse one.

LOL...My ass is grass.

We had a good laugh about it...Well I laughed and he thought that was funny.

She wanted to get Valentines day pics on monday. :bag:

My son Dylan hates the barber. With a passion. So I cut his hair at home. Standard crew cut type stuff. Ive been doing a good job for about 3 years.

Fast forward to tonigh...7 pm.

I decide it's a good idea to give my son Jaden his first haircut ,since his 1st birthday just passed. Well I whip out the old buzzers,with confidence of course. Im cutting away at these golden locks of hair...my wife cringes with every single buzz of the clippers...I mock her while beating my chest.

I did a decent job considering he hated it about as much as his brother does.

So he got up for a while about 1:45am...I was marveling over my masterpiece ,when I noticed a long clump of hairs on the back of his head. So I bust out the old clippers to fix and then it happened....he turned his head and I took a giant hunk of hair right off the top of his head.

So the only thing I could do was a total crew cut to make everything as short as that cut.

My wife went to bed not very pleased with the first haircut. She is going to wake up to an even worse one.

LOL...My ass is grass.

We had a good laugh about it...Well I laughed and he thought that was funny.

She wanted to get Valentines day pics on monday. :bag:

Thanks Smizzy, I haven't had a good laugh in a while.:cheers:

It's all gone. I shaved it off. a #2 all the way around baby.

You think thats short, my son does #1 all the way around. He likes the bald look. Guess he's preparing himself for when he grows up and loses his hair like his father. My son has a nice shaped head though, it looks good on him.

Last year my wife became the family barber. It took nearly 10 years of prodding, she finally gave in. We got some clippers with a video that makes it easy.

We do the kids 2,3,5 (from low to high) With the 3 or 5 you shouldn't have taken that much off when he moved.

My wifes biggest problem is that she takes the clip off to do around the ears. About half the time, somebody walks away with a bleeding ear. (but they can't see it, and their brothers are instructed not to tell :) )

Nice!

I've been cutting my son's hair for a couple of years (he's 10 now). He only ever got is buzzed and I hated handing over the $15 for something I could do. Well those days are over. Fashion and looks are starting to dominate and the kid wants his lettuce styled. He still gets it buzzed but at least Dad doesn't do it.

Smizzy that is the funniest thing I ever heard!!!!!!!:rl:=D>:rl:

You are so dead when she wakes up!!!!!! I have a feeling you will be needing one of these! :wheelchair::rl:

When I went to sleep last night...@5am...I snuggled up and got some booty!!

I figured it might be a while!...LOL...I was the man till about 8am...when they woke up...LOL...all I heard was yelling from the livingroom.

:cheers:

You think thats short, my son does #1 all the way around. He likes the bald look. Guess he's preparing himself for when he grows up and loses his hair like his father. My son has a nice shaped head though, it looks good on him.

You beat me to it. I go to the barber this week. And I said # 1. The entire thing. I had no hair to begin with...but now it is official.

Add to the mix the fact that I have an enormous irish head and that it is bruised, battered, etc from years of me being a clutz and it isn't a pretty site. Not saying it was before...it is just much worse now!

Give him a mohawk like Alk did with his son

:) Hey, he's been asking for that mohawk again. I told him that he needed to wait until it warmed up a little bit. I always cut his hair, it's outrageous what they charge at the barber shop. I took him there a couple weeks ago becaus we were letting his hair grow out just a little and I didn't feel comfortable with scissors. We cut a check for $30 for 2 haircuts and mine should be half off at least.

Alright so how did you guys figure out how to do the cuts? Was it trial and error. I would not mind cutting my sons hair too if I knew how to do it. He is ten and I would not want to send him into school with a crappy haircut. Kids can be cruel at this age.

I don't know about the rest of these guys but all we have done is use a guard on the clippers. It's pretty tough to screw up. I always use a short guard on the sides and a little longer one on the top. After that is the tricky part. I pull the guard off and trim the back of his neck and around his ears. We always took him in for his haircuts until I watched them just pull out the clippers and charge us $15. Until he gets older and wants some fancy hairstyle, I'll keep cutting it for him.

Archived