Y2K: NY Jets best draft ever

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Good question...that's why Adams isn't going anywhere. Honestly, who other than crazy azz Jerry Jones is trading a 1st & 3rd for Jamal Adams? 

That trade opportunity is long past & will not happen again. A #1 will be the offer & that's it, so you have to say to yourself do I want to SWAP positions & you better get it right. You'd have 11 & 17, and you better not miss. But, if that 17 ended up being a stud WR or Edge Rusher? Totally worth it. We almost got to the Super Bowl with Jim Leonard at Safety. 

Conversely, if they sign Adams and get and Darnold gets sacked 50 times this year, you’ll be sitting here with an expensive loser strong safety and nothing else.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Conversely, if they sign Adams and get and Darnold gets sacked 50 times this year, you’ll be sitting here with an expensive loser strong safety and nothing else.

I don't think it's smart to reup Adams at some crazy price early. Let him play his contract out & walk for a Comp pick based on what he's going to get. Hopefully By that time we're not the 1st team in the opening round of free agency getting bent over by another slimy agent. 

12 hours ago, Jetster said:

Good question...that's why Adams isn't going anywhere. Honestly, who other than crazy azz Jerry Jones is trading a 1st & 3rd for Jamal Adams? 

That trade opportunity is long past & will not happen again. A #1 will be the offer & that's it, so you have to say to yourself do I want to SWAP positions & you better get it right. You'd have 11 & 17, and you better not miss. But, if that 17 ended up being a stud WR or Edge Rusher? Totally worth it. We almost got to the Super Bowl with Jim Leonard at Safety. 

You don’t know that.  We got a first for Revis coming off an ACL tear

On 2/20/2020 at 6:29 AM, T0mShane said:

If he was on another team and that team wanted to trade him to the Jets, what would you trade, as GM of the Jets, for Jamal Adams? 

At least a 1 and 3 this year or a 1 this year and a 2 next year plus a player of need,  does not need to be a superstar but a viable asset.

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Some of the Pennington hate here I’ll never understand.

Prior to his arm being torn to shreds he was a very good quarterback. Just a shame he could never stay healthy.

He was a play not to lose coward that lacked the physical capability to succeed against anyone who didnt beat themselves. From the Oakland  playoff game through the 2003 season he was a bad QB and that was pre shoulder injury.

9 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

He reminded me of Alex Smith with more accuracy.  But you string 10+ years of that healthy and I would have liked to have seen the results.

Chad and Alex Smith were nothing alike besides being white

Smith was mobile and durable.  Chad also played in WCO for a couple years that’s about it

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CTM said:

He was a play not to lose coward that lacked the physical capability to succeed against anyone who didnt beat themselves. From the Oakland  playoff game through the 2003 season he was a bad QB and that was pre shoulder injury.

Chad saved our season in 2002 because nobody had seen him yet.  The league caught up in 2003 Belichick gets all the credit for game planning him but other defensive coordinators had also figured him out it wasn’t exactly rocket science just take away all the underneath routes 

A lot of qbs simply get figured out after having success one year

• Upvote 1