maneesh the clown on bell

rangerous

maneesh is such a moron.  how does the song go? "he smiles in your face only wanting to take your place, the back stabber"?  this guy plays both sides against the middle.  as i recall bell didn't participate in any team drills prior to the official training camp.  he wasn't 100% ready to play again after his layoff.  now maybe this wasn't the only reason for his 1 yard per carry drop off but it didn't help.  the oline was the main problem.  and it's not like his best game 87 yards is something to write home about.  a good effort but not worthy of a future hof player.  and since when does taking so much of the cap space not be a reason for a coach to not want a player?  i doubt if there's much in any personality disputes.  gase is going to use bell to the team's advantage.

Manish Mehta: Jets’ attempts to bash Le’Veon Bell behind the scenes have become pathetic

BY MANISH MEHTA NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

FEBRUARY 19, 2020 03:00 AM 
NEW YORK

The Jets' treatment of Le'Veon Bell has devolved from perplexing to pathetic, prompting the obvious question: Why do they keep disparaging him?

Bell has comported himself like a professional in the face of continuous attacks from those who publicly claim to be in his corner. The latest rumblings that the team believed that Bell was ineffective because he had gained weight during the season hover between laughable and deplorable.

The transparent in-house tactics to denigrate this man must stop.

First, Adam Gase implored media influencers (through back channels) a year ago to publish the coach's propaganda that Bell wasn't needed for his offense in a desperate attempt to sway opinion among the Jets brain trust (ownership and executives). When that didn't work, the coach pivoted by telling people that the relatively exorbitant price tag was the "real reason" for not wanting Bell.

Then, a radio personality, who's friends with the CEO (and de facto apologist for him), attempted to stain Bell's character late in the season by making veiled references to tardiness to meetings.

Now this nonsense that is rooted in imagination.

Full disclosure: At no point did I witness Bell standing on a scale this season, but suggesting his poor production (789 rushing yards on a career-low 3.2 yards per carry) was a result of weight gain is transparently desperate.

Bell has been fighting in-house forces from the moment he arrived on One Jets Drive. He navigated through it with aplomb, proving to be a selfless teammate willing to take his lumps with everyone else during another losing season for a franchise that has missed the playoffs for nine consecutive years.

Nobody should shed a tear for Bell, who chose to sign with the highest bidder in free agency, but there's something wrong with how the Jets have handled matters behind the scenes that makes you wonder whether people in the building will ever truly understand what it takes to be a winning outfit.

"The plan is to create the best culture in sports," general manager Joe Douglas said after the season. "The best culture... (is) a self-sustaining entity, where professionalism, leadership (is) transferred from one generation of players to the next. You see that in every great team. Every great team has that culture. That's what we're going to try to create here."

Disparaging such an accomplished player like Bell through back channels isn't a means to that end.

There's no sense playing the guessing game to find the origin of this latest rumor. Whether it's a coach or front office member is irrelevant. What matters is that it came from inside the organization, which is disconcerting.

Bell admittedly fell out of shape during his year away from football amid his contract impasse with the Steelers. He re-gained his focus and came to training camp in optimal condition. Anyone blessed with sight knows that he remained in elite condition throughout the season save for several days when he lost weight during his bout with the flu in early December.

He was hampered by a knee/ankle injury suffered in a Week 9 loss at Miami (Nov. 3), but never complained about it. That might have contributed to his struggles at points more than carrying around any perceived extra baggage.

The notion that Bell lost explosiveness due to weight gain as the season wore on doesn't pass the eye test, either. He rushed for a season-high 87 yards against the Ravens on Dec. 12. He looked plenty explosive coming off the flu that prompted him to miss a game four days earlier.

So how did Bell have his best game of the season in Week 15 if his fluid weight gain was sapping him of explosiveness? Did he spend the prior week and a half living in a sauna to shed weight? Was he fasting to lose that spare tire in time for the Ravens? Of course not.

Two of Bell's three games in which he rushed for more than four yards per carry came in late November and early December. Not bad for a guy, who supposedly was putting on an extra layer that slowed him down.

Bell's highest yards per carry in a single game (4.7) was Week 7 (Oct. 21). His worst yards per carry (1.9) was in Week 3 (Sept. 22). Again, the he's-getting-fatter theory is bunk.

Bell's struggles can be traced to a substandard offensive line and poor understanding and play design by Gase, who admitted after the season that he would spend time with the running back in the spring to get a better feel for which runs make the most sense for him.

To that end, a pliant reporter with a penchant for defending Gase all season asked Bell in Buffalo after the Jets' season-finale win whether he would attend voluntary workouts this year after skipping them last year to train in Miami. Bell was noncommittal.

Gase privately whined last spring when Bell opted to get back into shape in Florida rather than work out at the team facility. By season's end, he was using that as the reason why Bell had a disappointing season rather than assume responsibility as the play designer.

The reality is that Gase never tailored his scheme to Bell's skillset. Instead, the player was asked to conform to the system, which simply isn't a smart approach.

Bell's lack of 20-plus runs this season is hardly evidence for those purporting this mythical weight gain theory. Bell had no runs of 20-plus yards last season, but he only had a grand total of seven in his final two seasons with the Steelers when he was arguably the best player at his position.

Bell's greatness has never been measured by the number of home run gallops. He has carved out a great career by picking up 8, 9 or 10 yards at a time.

Bell turned 28 on Tuesday. He has good football left in him. Although Gase and Douglas, who attempted to move Bell before the trade deadline, would gladly unload the player's hefty contract ($13.5 million in 2020) if they could, it appears that the marriage will continue for one more season.

So, it would behoove people in the organization to take a page out of Bell's playbook. Take the high road rather than bash him to explain away their own failings.

25 minutes ago, rangerous said:

There's no sense playing the guessing game to find the origin of this latest rumor. Whether it's a coach or front office member is irrelevant. What matters is that it came from inside the organization, which is disconcerting.

There's no sense in asking me for credible sources, I never have one. 

Here's a story idea for the media, everything from January through April is
going to be the responsibility of Joe Douglas.  How about doing some research
on Ozzie Newsome and what he did in BAL.  Why???  Because maybe you can get
an indication on the types of moves Douglas may do since he "grew up" under
Newsome.  That would be far more interesting than this boring crap

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm guessing Michael Kay.  He never goes hard on Chris. 

SAR I

Michael Kay is my least favorite sports radio show host.  For starters, he's all about baseball.  There could be MAJOR football news in the middle of the MLB off-season and he'd still be spending more time spouting Yankee shill talk. He is totally self indulgent and the larger part of his air time is spent opining about things that have nothing to do with sports.  He does a nice job calling the Yankee games, but I can't stand listening to his radio show.  I can take about 30 seconds before I forcefully change the station.  

• Upvote 1

i literally just dubbed gang green nation because of this. I am sick that they keep posting links to manishs articles in their daily flight connections. Its one thing if someone on a forum points it out, but its another thing if on the front page of your website you advertise someone like manish who is full of crap and lies, has no good intentions, and isn't even officially involved with the jets anymore. He doesn't deserve our attention as jets fans. All he does is want to stir the pot, he could care less that he has an Impact on spreading false news to jets fans

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

...and yet, Maneesh is right.

Someone on the Jets staff IS leaking all this stuff about Bell, and it's a crappy thing to do.

But lets all ignore that. Bury the lead, and shoot the messenger, because Mehta wrote it.

#gangmentality

Manish has lost all benefit of the doubt because of the false crap he perpetuates with his "sources." There's no reason believe him.

And even if you do believe this story, you can still hate him. Those two things are not mutually exclusive

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Someone on the Jets staff IS leaking all this stuff about Bell, and it's a crappy thing to do.

But lets all ignore that. Bury the lead, and shoot the messenger, because Mehta wrote it.

#gangmentality

I'd put a years salary on the belief that Manish fabricated this whole article and wrote it while choking himself out and jekin' it to a picture of his Twitter replies.

He had his chance to become a reputable reporter years ago when he wrote for NJ.com.  He took the money from the NYDN and sold his soul.  All of his colleagues laugh at him for making sh*t up.  There's a very good chance that he ran a burner account to corroborate a hit piece on the coach.  Manish doesn't get the slightest bit of benefit of the doubt.  As someone who has a slight idea of what goes on behind the scenes, I can tell you for a fact that a lot of the stuff he says is bullsh*t.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rangerous said:

maneesh is such a moron.  how does the song go? "he smiles in your face only wanting to take your place, the back stabber"?  this guy plays both sides against the middle.  as i recall bell didn't participate in any team drills prior to the official training camp.  he wasn't 100% ready to play again after his layoff.  now maybe this wasn't the only reason for his 1 yard per carry drop off but it didn't help.  the oline was the main problem.  and it's not like his best game 87 yards is something to write home about.  a good effort but not worthy of a future hof player.  and since when does taking so much of the cap space not be a reason for a coach to not want a player?  i doubt if there's much in any personality disputes.  gase is going to use bell to the team's advantage.

Manish Mehta: Jets’ attempts to bash Le’Veon Bell behind the scenes have become pathetic

BY MANISH MEHTA NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

FEBRUARY 19, 2020 03:00 AM 
NEW YORK

The Jets' treatment of Le'Veon Bell has devolved from perplexing to pathetic, prompting the obvious question: Why do they keep disparaging him?

Bell has comported himself like a professional in the face of continuous attacks from those who publicly claim to be in his corner. The latest rumblings that the team believed that Bell was ineffective because he had gained weight during the season hover between laughable and deplorable.

The transparent in-house tactics to denigrate this man must stop.

First, Adam Gase implored media influencers (through back channels) a year ago to publish the coach's propaganda that Bell wasn't needed for his offense in a desperate attempt to sway opinion among the Jets brain trust (ownership and executives). When that didn't work, the coach pivoted by telling people that the relatively exorbitant price tag was the "real reason" for not wanting Bell.

Then, a radio personality, who's friends with the CEO (and de facto apologist for him), attempted to stain Bell's character late in the season by making veiled references to tardiness to meetings.

Now this nonsense that is rooted in imagination.

Full disclosure: At no point did I witness Bell standing on a scale this season, but suggesting his poor production (789 rushing yards on a career-low 3.2 yards per carry) was a result of weight gain is transparently desperate.

Bell has been fighting in-house forces from the moment he arrived on One Jets Drive. He navigated through it with aplomb, proving to be a selfless teammate willing to take his lumps with everyone else during another losing season for a franchise that has missed the playoffs for nine consecutive years.

Nobody should shed a tear for Bell, who chose to sign with the highest bidder in free agency, but there's something wrong with how the Jets have handled matters behind the scenes that makes you wonder whether people in the building will ever truly understand what it takes to be a winning outfit.

"The plan is to create the best culture in sports," general manager Joe Douglas said after the season. "The best culture... (is) a self-sustaining entity, where professionalism, leadership (is) transferred from one generation of players to the next. You see that in every great team. Every great team has that culture. That's what we're going to try to create here."

Disparaging such an accomplished player like Bell through back channels isn't a means to that end.

Bell admittedly fell out of shape during his year away from football amid his contract impasse with the Steelers. He re-gained his focus and came to training camp in optimal condition. Anyone blessed with sight knows that he remained in elite condition throughout the season save for several days when he lost weight during his bout with the flu in early December.

He was hampered by a knee/ankle injury suffered in a Week 9 loss at Miami (Nov. 3), but never complained about it. That might have contributed to his struggles at points more than carrying around any perceived extra baggage.

The notion that Bell lost explosiveness due to weight gain as the season wore on doesn't pass the eye test, either. He rushed for a season-high 87 yards against the Ravens on Dec. 12. He looked plenty explosive coming off the flu that prompted him to miss a game four days earlier.

So how did Bell have his best game of the season in Week 15 if his fluid weight gain was sapping him of explosiveness? Did he spend the prior week and a half living in a sauna to shed weight? Was he fasting to lose that spare tire in time for the Ravens? Of course not.

Two of Bell's three games in which he rushed for more than four yards per carry came in late November and early December. Not bad for a guy, who supposedly was putting on an extra layer that slowed him down.

Bell's highest yards per carry in a single game (4.7) was Week 7 (Oct. 21). His worst yards per carry (1.9) was in Week 3 (Sept. 22). Again, the he's-getting-fatter theory is bunk.

Bell's struggles can be traced to a substandard offensive line and poor understanding and play design by Gase, who admitted after the season that he would spend time with the running back in the spring to get a better feel for which runs make the most sense for him.

To that end, a pliant reporter with a penchant for defending Gase all season asked Bell in Buffalo after the Jets' season-finale win whether he would attend voluntary workouts this year after skipping them last year to train in Miami. Bell was noncommittal.

Gase privately whined last spring when Bell opted to get back into shape in Florida rather than work out at the team facility. By season's end, he was using that as the reason why Bell had a disappointing season rather than assume responsibility as the play designer.

The reality is that Gase never tailored his scheme to Bell's skillset. Instead, the player was asked to conform to the system, which simply isn't a smart approach.

Bell's lack of 20-plus runs this season is hardly evidence for those purporting this mythical weight gain theory. Bell had no runs of 20-plus yards last season, but he only had a grand total of seven in his final two seasons with the Steelers when he was arguably the best player at his position.

Bell's greatness has never been measured by the number of home run gallops. He has carved out a great career by picking up 8, 9 or 10 yards at a time.

Bell turned 28 on Tuesday. He has good football left in him. Although Gase and Douglas, who attempted to move Bell before the trade deadline, would gladly unload the player's hefty contract ($13.5 million in 2020) if they could, it appears that the marriage will continue for one more season.

So, it would behoove people in the organization to take a page out of Bell's playbook. Take the high road rather than bash him to explain away their own failings.

I Agree w/Mehta.... gase had the Same problem in Miami (culture/tailoring plays to fit a players skillset)... I Like Bell & I Hope he stays a Jet & Excels... 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

I gotta believe that Bell is not washed up. The combination of the O-line and play schemes contributed to Bell’s poor performance IMHO. This is/was a top RB in the NFL. I would like to see him stay with the Jets under a revamped O-line and some plays similar to what the Steelers had. If Gase is as good as he thinks he is, he should have a sit down with Bell and ask him what types of plays would you like to run that will get you over 1000 yds rushing and 600 yards passing. 

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Michael Kay is my least favorite sports radio show host.  For starters, he's all about baseball.  There could be MAJOR football news in the middle of the MLB off-season and he'd still be spending more time spouting Yankee shill talk. He is totally self indulgent and the larger part of his air time is spent opining about things that have nothing to do with sports.  He does a nice job calling the Yankee games, but I can't stand listening to his radio show.  I can take about 30 seconds before I forcefully change the station.  

Agree completely.  He's fine as a Yankees announcer, lousy as a drivetime studio host.  He's got the one hot take I never seem to care about each evening.

SAR I

3 hours ago, jetsons said:

I Agree w/Mehta.... gase had the Same problem in Miami (culture/tailoring plays to fit a players skillset)... I Like Bell & I Hope he stays a Jet & Excels... 

Tannehill, Gesicki, Drake, Parker, Bell. Gase’s Mt. Rushmore of suck.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

#gangmentality

Manish is a SOJF!

monty python witchcraft GIF