maneesh the clown on bell

rangerous

17 hours ago, jetsons said:

I Agree w/Mehta.... gase had the Same problem in Miami (culture/tailoring plays to fit a players skillset)... I Like Bell & I Hope he stays a Jet & Excels... 

having an opinion about a player being signed that costs the team too much, since money can go to other resources, is a whole lot different than putting a player in the dog house because of a personality issue or lack of field performance or whatever.  the mantra seems to be that gase didn't use bell properly (in part because he didn't want the guy on the team).  the truth is far different.  bel's lack of production is a direct result of the oline blocking.  and a secondary factor may be that bell didn't keep himself in top football shape during his one year absence.  it's also been shown that the whole gase/miami player feud was nothing of the kind.

as they say, sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one.  given the way this team played it's not likely that gase had any personality problems with the players.  and i might add, there were times when forte had some choice comments about bowles after a game.

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

...and yet, Maneesh is right.

Someone on the Jets staff IS leaking all this stuff about Bell, and it's a crappy thing to do.

But lets all ignore that. Bury the lead, and shoot the messenger, because Mehta wrote it.

#gangmentality

Proof?

Why would the HC bad mouth Bell?  To what end?

And heres the question that should tell you hes full of shlt.  

Why, if youre the Jets and trying to badmouth Bell would you not leak it out to every important media outlet, not just the NYDN?

And why the F if youre trying to trade a player would you bad mouth him?  Trash a player with a large contract, tell everyone hes lost a step and then try and trade him makes sense on what level?

This story is stupid on every level

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Proof?

Why, if youre the Jets and trying to badmouth Bell would you not leak it out to every important media outlet, not just the NYDN?

And why the F if youre trying to trade a player would you bad mouth him?  Trash a player with a large contract, tell everyone hes lost a step and then try and trade him makes sense on what level?

You make a solid argument here, very good post.

So here’s my question, where do you think these things about Bell are coming from? I’ve heard most of them, and I’m sure you have also. Do you think the media (not just Maneesh) is just making stuff up and putting it out there?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Proof?

Cimini had the scoop first. Esiason also alluded to Bell skipping/being late to meetings throughout the season. 

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You make a solid argument here, very good post.

So here’s my question, where do you think these things about Bell are coming from? I’ve heard most of them, and I’m sure you have also. Do you think the media (not just Maneesh) is just making stuff up and putting it out there?

I think lazy writers like MM just like to stir the shlt to create readership or clicks.

It was rumored that Gase was against spending the money spent on Bell for a RB.  Hes never said it.  But that's the rumor.  To me it comers from the fact that Gases offense doesn't require a back like Bell and a little reverse logic was thrown into play here to create the controversy.  Also IMO stems from Gases obvious disagreements with Macc that were extended to Bell by the Manishs of the world

All I know is when asked specifically about Bell Gase and others have been highly impressed with his work ethic and the type of teammate hes been.  Who knows but its still the why to me.  How on any level would it help you to move Bell by announcing to the world that hes lost a step etc?

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think lazy writers like MM just like to stir the shlt to create readership or clicks.

It was rumored that Gase was against spending the money spent on Bell for a RB.  Hes never said it.  But that's the rumor.  To me it comers from the fact that Gases offense doesn't require a back like Bell and a little reverse logic was thrown into play here to create the controversy.  Also IMO stems from Gases obvious disagreements with Macc that were extended to Bell by the Manishs of the world

Fair enough.

I usually take these stories with a grain of salt anyway, and your son gave me his opinion the other day also.

I listen to @Mogglez (and by extension, you), and @Samtorobby47 and take what they have to say a lot more seriously then just about anyone else here. I realize they might not have a “direct link” to what’s going on, per se, but they’re a lot more informed and credible then the rest of us when they share an opinion.

• Sympathy 2