NY Jets learned 2 important things

LIJetsFan

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is EXACTY what we should be doing. 

dont worry guys my sources all say that Joe is looking to make big draft splash with the Line picking 2 or 3 top picks on OL. Possibly even all three depending on how the off talent presents itself. 

And I think that just means if WR that he likes is not there in round two he will just go OL OL and then OL. But ideally he like to go OL WR OL... 

Its all too fluid right now, but the feeling and game plan today IS going to be the same on draft day. Fix the line. so that QB and RB can play and jets can be competitive. If they can land a couple gems to step up like the late round and FA and def did last year, Joe sees that as the best and fast way to get to being where he wants. 

The mass line picks gets us a cheap line for years to come and lets us spend on an opportunity if if presents its self on the off side of the ball. Say a cooper or whoever...

But yes for all those worried. Joe D is going to fix the line this off season. Book it.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

This is all we can do really. That #11 has to be Oline. Plenty of very good WRs in this draft. It's crazy to think this organization could have Watson at QB & in 2018 Quinten Nelson, Roquan Smith, Minkah Fitzpatric or Derwin James?   + who knows who else with three high #2s? And Josh Allen & maybe Deebo Samuels at #2 in 2019?

And I love Sam but how the f*ck can Macc pass on a QB when he has Fitz? Ridiculous & just 1 of many reasons this guy should have been sh*tcanned long before he was.

So, instead of needing to rebuild our entire Oline, or find a #1 CB, or an Edge Rusher, or a WR, we would have had possibly 3 EXPENSIVE positions locked up in rookie contracts.

I know, I know, water under the bridge but WHY US? WHY IS IT THE JETS ARE RUN BY ABSOLUTE IMBECILES?  

Reading about how Macc was so inept never gets old.

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I don't love the IOL in this draft so I'm down to spend the money there and at CB, which will allow us to focus on WR, OT and depth in the draft. The biggest problem tho is that everyone is focused on the big name guys in FA. The IOL i would try to sign are Glasgow and Quinton Spain. Both are starting quality players and both allow versatility in the draft at a relatively low cost. 

Yeah the IOL in this draft is reportedly so-so but when I see the player names the analysts aren’t taking into account kicking the tackles into guard which I think will happen to a decent number of the guys coming out this year