Wilder V Fury II

Big fight tomorrow night. Who y'all got? Wilder (42-0 w/40 KOs) or fury (29-0). Most people thought Fury won the first fight. I personally thought Wilder should have won. Either way it was a great fight and I'm super excited for the this rematch. There's nothing better than watching the 2 best heavyweights in the world going toe to toe.  I think this fight is going to be pretty epic. 

Hopefully the winner will get to fight Joshua. But i think he's too scared to fight either of them. Wilder has been calling out Joshua for a few years now.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Big fight tomorrow night. Who y'all got? Wilder (42-0 w/40 KOs) or fury (29-0). Most people thought Fury won the first fight. I personally thought Wilder should have won. Either way it was a great fight and I'm super excited for the this rematch. There's nothing better than watching the 2 best heavyweights in the world going toe to toe.  I think this fight is going to be pretty epic. 

Hopefully the winner will get to fight Joshua. But i think he's too scared to fight either of them. Wilder has been calling out Joshua for a few years now.

I rewatched the first fight...    Fury landed way more shots won more rounds. Wilder had the knockdowns, the first of which didnt look very damaging at all.

I think the winner makes Joshua look like a dog. 

Am rooting for Fury cos the story is just too juicy. (premature ONE POUND baby, gypsy) Nothing against Wilder who might have the worst technique ever, but the weirdest , crazy power.

Fury fought a damn near perfect fight the 1st time. Can't see it happening ago. He's awkward, but I think Wilder knows how to fight him now. It took him the whole fight to get his punch placement down. Wilder was so used to fighting shorter guys, so his punches were lower than they needed to be against the taller Fury. By the end of the fight he got the range down as well as realized Fury is open for the left hook every time he ducks his head lower. Plus Fury suffered this gruesome gash against Otto Wallin in his last fight. Cut was so deep, can't see it not being opened up again.

NINTCHDBPICT000522450790-1.jpg

Wilder by KO

1 hour ago, King P said:

Plus Fury suffered this gruesome gash against Otto Wallin in his last fight. Cut was so deep, can't see it not being opened up again.

Wilder by KO

wasnt a particularly hard punch but it just caught him right/wrong.

wilder by ko seems the consensus.

From arm to wrist I've never seen a a guy with as much power as Wilder.  It's like every part of his body has been made to pack a perfect punch.  The way he knocked out Stiverne that second time was frightening.  Hoping for an all time battle this weekend!  Want it to go the distance but it seems inevitable that Wilder will land the big one.

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

As a former pugilist myself and huge fan of the sweet science I somewhat consider myself a historian. The truth is boxing was ruined by Don King when he exploited the dirty underworld in the early 2000s.

Both Wilder and Fury are a joke compared to what the heavyweight division was in the 90s. Holyfield, Foreman, Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Andrew Golota, Merciless Ray Mercer, Donovan Razor Ruddick, Riddick Bowe, Tommy Morrison, Shannon Briggs, Jimmy Thunder, Chris Byrd, Michael Moore, Frank Bruno and the list goes on.

If you want to compare it to football.. in my opinion This heavyweight fight is between two undrafted free agents. Do you think any of these guys would do damage against Holyfield or Tyson? I don't think either one of them could beat Andrew Golota or Shannon Briggs ...

If the fix is in which it probably is, Wilder will win by knockout. Obviously so there's a rubber match and everybody can make lots of money. But the truth is he can barely box. Compare him to any of the greatest heavyweights and he pales in comparison he's actually weak in every aspect ,except for one big right hand  that he tries to set up the entire fight.

Tyson Fury is at least a good boxer but he really doesn't have power. Fury is the superior boxer.

I am a betting man so I will say Fury wins by knockout in the 8th!

But I stopped watching and buying pay-per-views a long time ago when Don King was making me watch 3 bantamweight fights and Muhammad Ali's daughter for $100 before I watched Tyson throw three punches for 17 seconds at midnight. Lol..

EDIT: BTW sorry to come off like a Debbie Downer, but I love and followed boxing for years and years and went for the Golden Gloves  but unfortunately injured my ankle and couldn't run to build up my stamina. I absolutely love the fight game and really hope it comes back! hopefully this is the start of something good! And to any of you young dudes who are MMA fans, real men don't kick in a fist fight-

if you do you're a pussy lol

I watch boxing and UFC & I think both are pretty bad ass. I got into UFC around 2000 because i felt like boxing was on life support once the 90s ended. I think this is is probably the most exciting heavyweight fight in the last 15-20 years. I feel like the quality of boxing has been getting better tho the last few years.

Lomachenko is my favorite fighter to watch right now. He's so technically perfect it's insane. He has some of the best footwork I've ever seen. If you haven't seen lomachenko fight, definitely check him out. I've seen him fight at the garden 3 times now. Hoping he fights Teofimo at the Garden in May so I can make it 4.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

From arm to wrist I've never seen a a guy with as much power as Wilder.  It's like every part of his body has been made to pack a perfect punch.  The way he knocked out Stiverne that second time was frightening.  Hoping for an all time battle this weekend!  Want it to go the distance but it seems inevitable that Wilder will land the big one.

That stiverne KO was sick. But the Breazeale KO was 10 times more brutal.

3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

That stiverne KO was sick. But the Breazeale KO was 10 times more brutal.

What frightened me about the Stiverne knockout wasn't so much the KO itself. It was Stiverne not being in good shape and taking so much punishment.  Good thing the ref jumped in when he did.  But I agree, the Breazeale knockout is the one they will always show on replays.

It should be a good scrap, both different style boxers. Although I will be rooting for Tyson Fury. “Local lad from Gorton Manchester”. I think Wilder wins.

I’ve meet Tyson Fury at the car auction in Manchester, before he got he got back into shape. What a huge man, he had two buddies with him who where around 6”4 and they looked like children next to him.

I’m going Fury since I think he got robbed last time and he cracks me up. Guy that big shouldn’t be able to move like he does.  He needs to throw more counters after making wilder Miss this tine. 

There will be a trilogy anyway since the loser has the right to call for one in the contracts of this fight.

Either way both are good people as well as good boxers.  Fury overcoming and advocating for mental health and also supposedly donating his entire $9mn purse to charity from the first fight to homeless...Wilder started fighting because his daughter was born with a birth defect and he wanted to be able to afford treatments for her.  He also gave Ortiz another fight because his daughter has the same condition.  

Anyway 2 good guys who will be partying together after probably another close fight (wilder invited fury to his party and he accepted)

7 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

As a former pugilist myself and huge fan of the sweet science I somewhat consider myself a historian. The truth is boxing was ruined by Don King when he exploited the dirty underworld in the early 2000s.

Both Wilder and Fury are a joke compared to what the heavyweight division was in the 90s. Holyfield, Foreman, Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Andrew Golota, Merciless Ray Mercer, Donovan Razor Ruddick, Riddick Bowe, Tommy Morrison, Shannon Briggs, Jimmy Thunder, Chris Byrd, Michael Moore, Frank Bruno and the list goes on.

If you want to compare it to football.. in my opinion This heavyweight fight is between two undrafted free agents. Do you think any of these guys would do damage against Holyfield or Tyson? I don't think either one of them could beat Andrew Golota or Shannon Briggs ...

If the fix is in which it probably is, Wilder will win by knockout. Obviously so there's a rubber match and everybody can make lots of money. But the truth is he can barely box. Compare him to any of the greatest heavyweights and he pales in comparison he's actually weak in every aspect ,except for one big right hand  that he tries to set up the entire fight.

Tyson Fury is at least a good boxer but he really doesn't have power. Fury is the superior boxer.

But I stopped watching and buying pay-per-views a long time ago when Don King was making me watch 3 bantamweight fights and Muhammad Ali's daughter for $100 before I watched Tyson throw three punches for 17 seconds at midnight. Lol..

EDIT: BTW sorry to come off like a Debbie Downer, but I love and followed boxing for years and years and went for the Golden Gloves  but unfortunately injured my ankle and couldn't run to build up my stamina. I absolutely love the fight game and really hope it comes back! hopefully this is the start of something good! And to any of you young dudes who are MMA fans, real men don't kick in a fist fight-

good post. i dont think that 90's list is much to takl about myself but...  who cares.

rooting for he "dirty gyppo" (he referred to himslef that way)

On 2/21/2020 at 4:05 PM, pdxgreen said:

Deontay Wilder wouldn't know a perfect punch if he read a book about one.

20 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

This. All of this.

• Upvote 1

I would have been pretty confident of a Fury win but there’s been some very concerning signs. The split with his coach two months out of the fight, coming in 20lbs heavier than the first fight and there’s been talk of an ankle injury.

He can still beat Wilder because he’s the far superior boxer but it’s hard to see why he’d come in heavier when the plan is obviously to stay away from the right hand. Suggest something has gone wrong.

Here we GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Im a huge Wilder fan.... crossing my fingers. Something's a miss about Fury this time around... cant put my finger on it, but i think this one is much more one sided for the bronze bomber (I hope)

Put the man to bed and give me my match vs AJ!!!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Here we GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Im a huge Wilder fan.... crossing my fingers. Something's a miss about Fury this time around... cant put my finger on it, but i think this one is much more one sided for the bronze bomber (I hope)

Put the man to bed and give me my match vs AJ!!!

couldn't have been more wrong

21 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Fury blew Wilder out of the ring. Wilder didn’t even win a round on my scorecard and I’m sure everyone agrees with me. 

There is nothing like a heavyweight championship title fight!!!

I give this one an 8 for excitement.

I give it a 2 for actual boxing... mostly cause they were wearing gloves.

Sloppy....unskilled... dare I say embarrassing?

I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Tyson announced he was making a comeback and challenging Fury for the titles. Tyson, Holyfield, and Lewis at their age right now would take either of these guys out in one round. They all must have been frothing-at-the-mouth at ringside. I feel embarrassed for them.

Listen I know these guys were definitely in a real fight but did they even train? They both came in 30 lbs heavier than the last fight. Deontay Wilder has absolutely no head movement At all! Can't move his feet can't get in rhythm. Tyson Fury looks like a wrestler ..pretending to be a boxer..like WWE.

SMH... is this really the best they can offer!?  Go check out Tyson vs Ruddock 1 and 2... Go check out the Bowe vs Holyfield trilogy.. anybody ever heard of Ali vs Frazier!? I...II...III?

Sorry guys I know it was a heavyweight championship fight but to me these guys looked like f****** amateurs. But props to the dude that told me about the Stream. I enjoyed watching it I just wish there was better boxing these days ... and by the way I called Fury by knockout in the 8th. Damn I was close LOL