NFL.com Chad Reuter mock...has the jets trading down..

Beerfish

Has the Jets trading down to 17 (with Denver and getting a 3rd and 4th rounder to do so) 3 round mock only.

Here is who he has us taking.

1-17 - Jedrick Wills - OT

2-49 - Jaelon Reagor - WR

3-68 - Jeff Gladney - CB

3-79 - Tyler Biadasz - C

4-83 - Josh Usche - Edge

Pretty sweet looking if you ask me.  (Even if I am bit meh on Reagor)

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think moving to 17 from 11 should be more than a 3rd and 4th, i'd rather get a 2nd there.  

i doubt wills is there at 17, or that biadasz is there at 79

it's also concerning that you have only 1 skill position player picked in the first 4 rounds

I'd be concerned if they had more

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Has the Jets trading down to 17 (with Denver and getting a 3rd and 4th rounder to do so) 3 round mock only.

3-68 - Jeff Gladney - CB

3-79 - Tyler Biadasz - C

4-83 - Josh Usche - Edge

Holy smokes!  Sign me up for that!

Staring LT, C, WR and still hitting Edge and CB with good prospects?  Fantastic.

Although....I don't know if Wills makes it to 17 and I doubt Uche makes it to 83.  I like Reagor at 49 and we'd only be getting Biadasz late in the 3rd if the Combine confirms he's a little slower and not as a great as some are now suspecting after that Bowl game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Holy smokes!  Sign me up for that!

Staring LT, C, WR and still hitting Edge and CB with good prospects?  Fantastic.

Although....I don't know if Wills makes it to 17 and I doubt Uche makes it to 83.  I like Reagor at 49 and we'd only be getting Biadasz late in the 3rd if the Combine confirms he's a little slower and not as a great as some are now suspecting after that Bowl game.

i don't think any of the top 3 picks will be there at those draft slots.  and moving down from 11 to 17, seems to me you'd want a 2nd even ifyou give back a 6th or so.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

3-68 - Jeff Gladney - CB

3-79 - Tyler Biadasz - C

4-83 - Josh Usche - Edge

Reuter's mock has us going back to 15.  Not 17.  Which makes sense given that in his scenario, 3 of the top 4 OTs are still on the board.  Only Becton is gone to the Giants.  Trade back four spots and you are still likely to get an OT. 

But it is still risky.  On draft night, if we trade out of 11 knowing we have one of our top OT prospects on the board, I don't think I would be thrilled with that -- will be an eternity waiting for 11-14 to come of the board and hope we still have our OT.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think moving to 17 from 11 should be more than a 3rd and 4th, i'd rather get a 2nd there.  

it's also concerning that you have only 1 skill position player picked in the first 4 rounds

I agree that its unlikely that Wills will be there but a lot of people have us taking A.Thomas at 11 and I think that is just as unlikely, so right now its just a guessing game. I would say the same thing about Biadasz. I think for some reason his stock has dropped so everybody as him going in the 3rd. In the end I expect Will to go top 10 and Biadasz to go in the first 2 rounds. 

RE: Skill positions I'm not that concerned. You can't address all of the Jets needs. So yeah, if you want to pass on an Edge rusher or CB for a second r WR or a RB, fine. But, personally, I think you can find good value getting a RB in the 5th and a developmental WR in the 6th after having taken an immediate impact one in the 2nd (although I would not have taken Reagor). So I think if you ARE trying to address all your needs, this is the closest you can get.    

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

3-68 - Jeff Gladney - CB

3-79 - Tyler Biadasz - C

4-83 - Josh Usche - Edge

This really depends on that 4th round and if they land some WR's prospects because but I dont like the idea of only coming away with a 5'9 limited WR with dropsies in what is an epic WR class.  

I like Gladney but would prefer offense that early.  Usche is a one trick pony with zero instincts.  I dont see him making it in the NFL.  Biadasz is meh.

Not a fan of this draft as is.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

3-68 - Jeff Gladney - CB

3-79 - Tyler Biadasz - C

4-83 - Josh Usche - Edge

I could see us trading with Denver if Herbert falls.  Elway has been sent more scouts to Eugene than anybody.  But I don't think Herbert will fall that far.  Don't think he'll get past the Chargers.  Having 10 picks would be amazing though.

20 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

19 hours ago, Lith said:

Reuter's mock has us going back to 15.  Not 17.  Which makes sense given that in his scenario, 3 of the top 4 OTs are still on the board.  Only Becton is gone to the Giants.  Trade back four spots and you are still likely to get an OT. 

But it is still risky.  On draft night, if we trade out of 11 knowing we have one of our top OT prospects on the board, I don't think I would be thrilled with that -- will be an eternity waiting for 11-14 to come of the board and hope we still have our OT.  

If that were the case, doubt it would happen. Who did Denver trade up with us to take in his mock?

50 minutes ago, section314 said:

If that were the case, doubt it would happen. Who did Denver trade up with us to take in his mock?

Lamb

It does not make sense to me for them to trade for lamb as they have courtland sutton.

Also they like Drew Lock, they are more apt to pair Lock with one of the vet QBs that is going to shake lose imo.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lamb

It does not make sense to me for them to trade for lamb as they have courtland sutton.

Also they like Drew Lock, they are more apt to pair Lock with one of the vet QBs that is going to shake lose imo.

I have a feeling that the Giants are going to have Chase Young fall into their laps in the draft. Burrow goes#1, somebody trades up to #2 to grab either Tua or Herbert, and somebody else really panics and gives the farm to Detroit for #3 for the other QB. You heard it here first.?