Odell Beckham Jr on the Jets? Greenbean Chimes In…

JetNation

odell beckham jr

Greenbean is in Virginia this week and he is talking about Odell Beckham Jr.

Odell may or may not have said that he would like to play for the NY Jets. He wants to come back to New York but not for the Giants. Did he say it? Did he mean it? Or is this more about exposure and marketing.

Can Odell fit in? If he is traded again that would mean he was traded twice in two years. We all know about the fight with Josh Norman and the fight with the kicking net. Beans doesn’t like the idea but what is the case for brining Odell in?

Watch the video and find out. Be sure to check out the Conor McGregor reference at the 2:55 mark.

The post Odell Beckham Jr on the Jets? Greenbean Chimes In… appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
FSK2VfSLpiI

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Another good video Green. Thank you. That’s absolutely a no for me too! 

Interestingly I'm starting to warm a little to the idea. hahaha 

I wouldn't give away a 1st or 2nd for him but I'd consider a 3rd and maybe a player just to sweeten the deal. I don't know who though. Maybe Avery Williamson? 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Interestingly I'm starting to warm a little to the idea. hahaha 

I wouldn't give away a 1st or 2nd for him but I'd consider a 3rd and maybe a player just to sweeten the deal. I don't know who though. Maybe Avery Williamson? 

Too many warning signs for me. And I get be tempted. He’s just such a cancer I can’t buy in.

• Sympathy 1

He's a top 5 WR in his prime. If we're going to draft a WR with our 2nd or 3rd why wouldn't we just trade that pick for a proven stud? I don't understand why so many people are concerned with the locker room when in reality the best culture changer is winning football games.  I'm pretty sure we can cut him next year at a 0 cap hit as well it's worth the gamble especially since he's the one who said he'd want to come here!

• Upvote 4

He is still going to command a 1st+.  No one is getting him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  
I

I hear ya but he will command what someone is willing to give up. He’s not the most positive guy and I’m sure there are many teams that don’t want anything to do with him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

He's a top 5 WR in his prime. If we're going to draft a WR with our 2nd or 3rd why wouldn't we just trade that pick for a proven stud? I don't understand why so many people are concerned with the locker room when in reality the best culture changer is winning football games.  I'm pretty sure we can cut him next year at a 0 cap hit as well it's worth the gamble especially since he's the one who said he'd want to come here!

When we traded a 5th for Santonio Holmes it was seen as a no brainer. He was recently the MVP of the super bowl and a dynamic WR.

One year later he was having a pushing and shoving match in our huddle during the game and benched himself.
Guys who have the malcontent label are a buyer beware situation.
All the talent in the world but never seems to be happy. That’s a red flag for sure.

• Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

When we traded a 5th for Santonio Holmes it was seen as a no brainer. He was recently the MVP of the super bowl and a dynamic WR.

One year later he was having a pushing and shoving match in our huddle during the game and benched himself.
All the talent in the world but never seems to be happy. That’s a red flag for sure.

Right but are we gonna act like Santonio Holmes and OBJ are the same caliber WR? Ik the draft is loaded with WRs but if you go back from 2019 to 2014 there are maybe 3 WRs I'd take over OBJ while the majority of them are busts. A team with no talent can afford to take a 1 year flyer on a t5 player at a major position of need especially when we've done a piss poor job of building around Darnold. 

• Sympathy 1

So here's something you guys should know.

I went on a couple of Browns boards Thursday night to see what they're saying about this. There wasn't one mention of it... not a thing about OBJ wanting out.

Much ado about nothing?

I did find that Mayfield/Cheesecake Factory story though... The Baker haters loved that one. ?

• Sympathy 1

Right but are we gonna act like Santonio Holmes and OBJ are the same caliber WR? Ik the draft is loaded with WRs but if you go back from 2019 to 2014 there are maybe 3 WRs I'd take over OBJ while the majority of them are busts. A team with no talent can afford to take a 1 year flyer on a t5 player at a major position of need especially when we've done a piss poor job of building around Darnold. 

I won’t pretend they are the same player but the scenario is similar. Very talented guys with obvious personality concerns.

Like I said in the obj vid I can make the case for trading for him. I get it. But overlooking that guy’s issues, issues that are more likely to be amplified when he’s in the room with Gase, is not looking at the whole picture.
It’s not as easy as a pick for talent. It’s a premium pick for expensive talent that comes with a complete A$$hole attached to it.

Buyer beware to say the least.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

People were laughing at the Browns for trading a first for him and his stock has gone way down since then. I’d be shocked if they get a first for him. A third sounds about right.

I agree. I'd hope for our early 3rd but I'd move a 2nd in a heartbeat if that's what it takes 11 is obviously off limits. Andrew Thomas and OBJ is a hell of way to start an offensive rebuild, sprinkle in a Graham Glasgow and we're in business

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I won’t pretend they are the same player but the scenario is similar. Very talented guys with obvious personality concerns.

Like I said in the obj vid I can make the case for trading for him. I get it. But overlooking that guy’s issues, issues that are more likely to be amplified when he’s in the room with Gase, is not looking at the whole picture.
It’s not as easy as a pick for talent. It’s a premium pick for expensive talent that comes with a complete A$$hole attached to it.

Buyer beware to say the least.

I can definitely understand the concern. If we had any remote talent at outside WR I'd be more inclined to pass but given the fact that he allegedly leaked he wants to be here, has a 0 cap hit next year and could probably be had for less than our first, it's a no brainer for me. The draft is just a total crapshoot and it's terrifying lol 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

The problem wasn't giving up a 5th for Holmes.  It was signing him to a massive extension.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The problem wasn't giving up a 5th for Holmes.  It was signing him to a massive extension.  

Sure.  And getting rid of many of the higher character guys for inmates and naming him captain. 

The good news is Beckham will bring the contract with him. ;-) 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SR24 said:

I can definitely understand the concern. If we had any remote talent at outside WR I'd be more inclined to pass but given the fact that he allegedly leaked he wants to be here, has a 0 cap hit next year and could probably be had for less than our first, it's a no brainer for me. The draft is just a total crapshoot and it's terrifying lol 

Has a zero cap hit next year?  How did that happen?   Serious question?  cuz...um... that would change everything. 

17 hours ago, SR24 said:

Chris Herndon smashes into a car goes 100mph drunk and nearly kills several people including himself: “he’s a good boy who made a mistake.”

OBJ is an annoying primadonna: “Cancer! Avoid! Avoid!”

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Has a zero cap hit next year?  How did that happen?   Serious question?  cuz...um... that would change everything. 

Ah I meant he can be cut for no penalty after this year I think his cap hits like 14mil though 

• Sympathy 1

A 3rd round pick is a no brainer for OBJ. Doubt it would happen, and he was fine in 2019 in Cleveland. No real drama, and that team imploded a bit so the scene was set for him to be an azzhole. 

You sign 2 Olineman, trade for OBJ, the draft is wide open at #1, #2 & #3. 

Lets say the reup Beachum for a year & land Conklin? Would you guys be excited to have next years offensive lineup be OBJ, Crowder, Ceedee Lamb, Herndon, Griffin, Bell + Dobbs or Hellaire? 

Not out of the realm of possibility! That's a F*cking hot opening home game ticket boys & girls! Can you imagine the buzz in the stadium on the 1st possession with that f*cking offensive fire ? power. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

A 3rd round pick is a no brainer for OBJ. Doubt it would happen, and he was fine in 2019 in Cleveland. No real drama, and that team imploded a bit so the scene was set for him to be an azzhole. 

Lets say the reup Beachum for a year & land Conklin? Would you guys be excited to have next years offensive lineup be OBJ, Crowder, Ceedee Lamb, Herndon, Griffin, Bell + Dobbs or Hellaire? 

Not out of the realm of possibility! That's a F*cking hot opening home game ticket boys & girls! Can you imagine the buzz in the stadium on the 1st possession with that f*cking offensive fire ? power. 

Yeah, I could imagine it. lol  I can imagine all sorts of stuff. 

But what happens to the o line in that scenario?  Beachum and Conklin at the bookends. You're obviously using #11 for Cee Dee lamb and we are left with #48 and probably #79 for 3 positions on the o line. We have Harrison who is serviceable, but turd like. That also applies to lewis. ok but not good. And who is playing RG?   So maybe we can get Glasgow or draft someone like Biadasz for one of them. but that's gonna leave us with the same problems on the line. 

To be clear, I agree that it would be quite the something to have that lineup at the skill spots. But if Sam doesn't have time and there aren't any holes for the RB's we are in much the same situation as last season.

oh... I also agree that it would probably take the 2nd to get it done. Unless we throw in Williamson or something. 

20 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So here's something you guys should know.

I went on a couple of Browns boards Thursday night to see what they're saying about this. There wasn't one mention of it... not a thing about OBJ wanting out.

Much ado about nothing?

I did find that Mayfield/Cheesecake Factory story though... The Baker haters loved that one. ?

How robust is the Browns forum? Is it a lovely place or more subdued like some others teams boards I've seen? 

34 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Resign Beachum,Lewis. Sign Glasgow. Trade 2nd for OBJ, trade Jamal for 17,82. 11 take Thomas/Wirfs/Wills. At 17- BPA at WR/Edge (Ruggs/Higgins/Chaisson/Epenesa/Gross-Métos. Then you have 3 3rd rounders to add more depth at OL/CB 

new line Thomas/Lewis/Harrison/Glasgow/Beachum

OBJ Ruggs/Higgins Crowder Smith Docston Herndon

that’s what I would do we finally give Sam weapons, and add 2 new Olineman to help protect him. I expect Joe D to sign another Olineman as well but I went conservative just Incase 

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

How robust is the Browns forum? Is it a lovely place or more subdued like some others teams boards I've seen? 

I went there this week looking for news about this OBJ story, and it's deader then a doornail, lol (there's another, bigger one, but even that pales in comparison to JN). That's when I found the Baker/Cheesecake Factory story... now if that had happened to Sam, how many pages/threads do you think we'd have? They had about 50 posts.

You know how I like Mayfield, so I check that site and the other one out a lot during the season, along with those of some other teams. You'd be surprised how interchangeable these sights all are. Just change the name of the team or players... all us fans are the same, lol. Everyone hates their owner, thinks their GM or HC is an idiot, wants to get OL help, and are divided on their QB to some extent. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1