Alshon Jeffery on the block, basically for free

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

^^^ 

Ashlon is a big body WR who can gives us that presence at the position that Darnold needs even if he isn’t as he use to be. A 6th for him would be tremendous. Enunwa and RA aren’t coming back and we’re so bare at the position. Go get him! 

The new phantom 6th is house money.  :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He’s older, but a big, tough, professional receiver that could help Darnold by simply being where he’s supposed to go. I wouldn’t give up a pick, but I might do an Alshon for Avery Williamson deal. 

Gotta love those 30 year old Lisfranc comeback guys.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, RobR said:

So lets clear this up a bit.

30 years old

Coming off of Lisfranc surgery

Hasn't hit 1000 yards in 6 years

Possibly the deepest WR draft class in over 20 years

And some of you want to trade assets for that? 

giphy.gif

Plus, we already have this exact guy already. Demaryius Thomas, anyone? 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Gotta be honest, if you're going to pay that type of money for a WR, I'd rather give it to Robby, who I'm not really thrilled about re-signing.

It's the harsh reality. Not too many think that Robby is worth 14-15 mil a year, but than you start seeing some of these other contracts like Jeffrey's and in comparison it sounds better to just keep Anderson and add around him. 

Yeah i think 10 million for jeffrey is worth the risk here, pending a fitness test. Especially if the Eagles want Avery Williamson. (do they?)

Mainly because Gase/Darnold need route runners if we are going to get the best out of them...and an O line as well of course.

Emmanuel Sanders comes here too though, for 10 million hopefully. Enunwa goes. Demaryius can stay for the right price as cover for Jeffrey.

Draft now freed up for o-line and corner.

Only a late round pick on a deep threat WR needed if they dont wish to rely on Vyncent for that.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

I just don't see how this could work out.  Eagles cap hit for him will be huge, and with a $9.9MM salary for 2020, it would be crazy to trade for him.  Eagles would have to eat significant amount of $$$. 

Either that or we send them Trumaine Johnson and his $11MM salary for Jeffrey and his $9.9MM salary.  Can't really see any other way of a trade working out.

Yep do that or just fugetabotit

7 hours ago, RobR said:

So lets clear this up a bit.

30 years old

Coming off of Lisfranc surgery

Hasn't hit 1000 yards in 6 years

Possibly the deepest WR draft class in over 20 years

And some of you want to trade assets for that? 

giphy.gif

defo swap this guy for RA and wait for the apologists to ask him to be faster catch uncatchable passes and always get open with in 1.5 seconds...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’d be an upgrade over Demarious Thomas but you can’t bring him here when the intention of being the #1.  You’d have to add another piece as well. Alshon crowder herndon/griffin and another top flight guy would be a nice set of weapons for Sam

Jeffery has only 2 years left on his deal.  We’re probably going to draft a WR in rd 1 and 2 Anyway

Dude can't stay healthy, has been putting up numbers similar to Demaryius Thomas and is a locker room problem. We want to trade for him and pay him like a top 20 WR? 

Hard Pass. If he becomes a FA and we can sign him to a more reasonable deal to replace Thomas he does have higher upside, but as a trade I'm not even considering it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

Give up something for the privilege of paying Jeffrey $10M & $12.7M over the next two years? I would much, much rather give that money to Robby, and I'm straddling the fence on paying Robby. 

The Jets need multiple receivers.  Not saying it should be Jeffery and Anderson, but I don’t think it should be a scenario of one or the other.

7 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The Jets need multiple receivers.  Not saying it should be Jeffery and Anderson, but I don’t think it should be a scenario of one or the other.

I think at that money, it is either/or. Jets have too many holes to have two WRs in eight figures. I’d think one vet, one high draft pick and one lower one at the WR position.