Alshon Jeffery on the block, basically for free

T0mShane

Conditional 6th that becomes a 5th if he plays in 10+games and they'd have to pay at least $7 mil of that $15mil cap hit for me to be even remotely interested. Might not be a popular opinion but $8mil for Alshon is about as high as I'd go we virtually have no idea what Alshon we'd be getting after that surgery and he's going to miss most of the off season. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2020 at 8:25 PM, RobR said:

So lets clear this up a bit.

30 years old

Coming off of Lisfranc surgery

Hasn't hit 1000 yards in 6 years

Possibly the deepest WR draft class in over 20 years

And some of you want to trade assets for that? 

giphy.gif

This. lol

And not for nothing but dude is ridiculously overrated.  He had 2 great seasons in Chicago and the rest of his career has been nothing but a mixture of injuries and meh.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Conditional 6th that becomes a 5th if he plays in 10+games and they'd have to pay at least $7 mil of that $15mil cap hit for me to be even remotely interested. Might not be a popular opinion but $8mil for Alshon is about as high as I'd go we virtually have no idea what Alshon we'd be getting after that surgery and he's going to miss most of the off season. 

I am not a fan of making a move for him, but I think you take an excessively dim view of his prospects.  He had a 130+ yard game in December of 2019.  I think he is closer to $9M than $15M on the cap hit.  That being said, I still wouldn't dream of offering a 5th or even 6th for him.  I am more concerned with his age, poor fit and yapping about the QB. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not a fan of making a move for him, but I think you take an excessively dim view of his prospects.  He had a 130+ yard game in December of 2019.  I think he is closer to $9M than $15M on the cap hit.  That being said, I still wouldn't dream of offering a 5th or even 6th for him.  I am more concerned with his age, poor fit and yapping about the QB. 

I got his cap hit from OverTheCap.com I'm not 100% sure how cap hits work through trades though so I may be heavy but I still just don't see the value in making a deal for him unless they're eating a chunk of his salary or giving us a pick back like a 3rd. He's missed 9 games in the last 2 years and is coming off a major surgery, especially concerning when we realize he's also out for a major chunk of the off-season. If it's true that it's a 9mil cap hit I still would rather take that 9mil and invest it in a C like Mcgovern as opposed to Jeffery. I agree with you though age, character and lack of production make it a big pass for me.

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I got his cap hit from OverTheCap.com I'm not 100% sure how cap hits work through trades though so I may be heavy but I still just don't see the value in making a deal for him unless they're eating a chunk of his salary or giving us a pick back like a 3rd. He's missed 9 games in the last 2 years and is coming off a major surgery, especially concerning when we realize he's also out for a major chunk of the off-season. If it's true that it's a 9mil cap hit I still would rather take that 9mil and invest it in a C like Mcgovern as opposed to Jeffery. I agree with you though age, character and lack of production make it a big pass for me.

His cap number includes the pro-rated bonus.  In this case, Philly already paid a ton of signing bonus and option bonus.  That money is gone, but still counts divided over the course of the deal.  That is how teams spread out those big contracts.  I am not 100%sure of the specifics here, but Jeffrey has a $9.9M salary plus $5.5M in bonus.  The Eagles redid his deal last year and guaranteed his 2020 salary.  That is why they are looking to move him.  It will accelerate his bonus, but at least they would get rid of the $10M in guaranteed salary. 

On 2/22/2020 at 1:58 PM, KRL said:

Based on Jeffery's contract he has two years remaining but very
minimal guarantees left.  I would offer PHI the worst of the
two 6th round picks we have for Jeffery and their 7th rounder.
Similar to what Maccagnan did when trading for Osemele last
year.  You would then have Crowder and Jeffery as your starters
going into the draft and then you can pick a WR in round 2

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/alshon-jeffery-9855/

This

In no way do I want Alshon.  Maybe 5 years ago, but not now.  He is as slow as heck and he is hated by many players.  He is blamed as the rat who threw Carson Wentz under the bus.  He also dissed Wentz when he paid for all his receivers to fly out and practice in the off season.   https://www.12up.com/posts/alshon-jeffery-reportedly-ditched-offseason-workouts-after-carson-wentz-bought-him-ticket-to-attend-01dtcrth2zbb

Lane Johnson called him out pretty strongly for being a rat.

Forget this guy.  He's not the player he used to be and he is not who you want in the locker room.

Alshon Jeffery = a great big NO!

20 hours ago, SR24 said:

After a trade, the pro rated portion is paid by the Eagles, the salary is paid by the team that signs him, so the team that trades for him is on the hook for 9.91 million dollar salary and cap charge.

He also has a salary of over 12 million the following year, (not guaranteed), but no way do I trade a draft pick to pay him up to 21 million over 2 years.

• Upvote 1