BROOKLYN JET

Bears planning to release Prince Amukamara, Taylor Gabriel

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hmmmm Amukamara for $9 mil?   Seems pretty good.  I haven't kept up with him. Has he fallen off a cliff or is he still solid? 

I think he is still solid.  Bears were bottom 5 in the league in cap space -- needed to free up some space.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

He’s 30 already? 

I had the same reaction.  Drafted in 2011, I would not have realized he has been in the league that long.

8 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

There is only one person who is worse at playing CB than Trumaine Johnson:  Me.

But you are not signing a $72MM contract, so you would still be a better signing.  CanadaSteve for the vet minimum or Trumaine Johnson for $72 mil.  You would be the better signing.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

In one thread 30 year old injury prone Alshon Jeffrey is generally being panned.

In this thread, people seem open to 30 year old injury prone Prince Amukamara. 

I don't get it.  When healthy(which neither usually are) Amukamara isn't the caliber player Jeffrey is.  Never has been.

Difference to me is that Amukamara is a FA.  Jeffrey is under contract for $9.9 mil for 2020.  That is not a contract I want to take on.  Add in that Alshon is coming off a lisfranc injury and is coming off surgery in December, whereas Priince has played in 30 games the last two years.  If i had to roll the dice with one of these guys, I would rather take the chance on Prince.

But I would still prefer to pass on both and get younger and more athletic at both positions.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company