BROOKLYN JET

Bears planning to release Prince Amukamara, Taylor Gabriel

Sign both

gabriel had injury issues last year but was effective when he played

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

I’d be more interested in Gabriel if he comes cheap, as a depth piece.  Every time I see him play, he makes a big play.  

He’s an underrated receiver 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The guy is 5’7”, he doesn’t make his living on the outside.  If you really wanted him you can cut Berrios, but to have Crowder, Gabriel and Berrios be 50% of your active WR group is a mistake IMO. 

Not necessarily.  The pats have been using multiple slot guys for decades

On 2/22/2020 at 2:13 PM, Lith said:

Difference to me is that Amukamara is a FA.  Jeffrey is under contract for $9.9 mil for 2020.  That is not a contract I want to take on.  Add in that Alshon is coming off a lisfranc injury and is coming off surgery in December, whereas Priince has played in 30 games the last two years.  If i had to roll the dice with one of these guys, I would rather take the chance on Prince.

But I would still prefer to pass on both and get younger and more athletic at both positions.

Depends on price.  If all it takes is a 6th round pick or less absolutely it’s the right move to get Jeffery

36 minutes ago, Agoldstein54 said:

in reality we need a corner and a wide receiver to hold the fort for a year. We can't dump all our draft resources into those positions this year, and even if we do draft a player or two at each of those positions there is no guarantee they will be ready to have a full time role or play at all. a 10 million dollar contract right now is probably best spent on a quality offensive lineman, and i don't think we could risk having another 10 million on IR if something goes wrong with alshon. I do think gabriel and amukamara could be useable pieces at good prices, and both have solid playoff experience, which would definitely benefit the team

As good as Austin was last year he was injury prone in college and you need another cover corner anyway

Edited by Philc1

On 2/24/2020 at 9:53 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I was wondering about this.  Gabriel seems like the type of YAC guy that Gase would like, assuming he can learn the playbook. Loggains was in Cleveland with him. I always liked him as a low dollar guy.  His burst score was awesome, but he is 29.  He followed Shanahan from Cleveland to Atlanta.  Maybe he will end up in San Francisco.

How good was Austin? We probably need way more than one corner.  Roberts and Poole played 68% and 64% of the snaps on the season.  One is a free agent and half the board is cutting the other as a cap casualty.  Maulet (calf injury) and Hairston (trade conditions) may have been higher up their list than Austin.  I am interested in what Gregg Williams and this front office want at CB.  Are they okay with no-name guys?  They knew the cupboard was bare during camp, so were they just stuck with these guys, or were they fairly happy?  The D performed okay.

Isn't he a safety?  He sure seems to be playing off the ball safety here. 

Trade Adams and sign Tavon Wilson and Prince

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company