BROOKLYN JET

Bears planning to release Prince Amukamara, Taylor Gabriel

16 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would bring an intensity to the field.  Heart, desire, and a lack of ability being overwhelmed by even the slowest of lineman.  I bet I couldn't run down Beacham if he picked up a Bell fumble.

You forgot your #grit. You're gritty. You could play in New England. Or Edmonton.

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, Butterfield said:

Do some research.  He played in 79% of his eligible snaps last year.  Only 14.1% were in the slot position.  Very similar to every year of his career.  Being small doesn’t make you a slot receiver.  

I was wondering about this.  Gabriel seems like the type of YAC guy that Gase would like, assuming he can learn the playbook. Loggains was in Cleveland with him. I always liked him as a low dollar guy.  His burst score was awesome, but he is 29.  He followed Shanahan from Cleveland to Atlanta.  Maybe he will end up in San Francisco.

17 hours ago, Philc1 said:

As good as Austin was last year he was injury prone in college and you need another cover corner anyway

How good was Austin? We probably need way more than one corner.  Roberts and Poole played 68% and 64% of the snaps on the season.  One is a free agent and half the board is cutting the other as a cap casualty.  Maulet (calf injury) and Hairston (trade conditions) may have been higher up their list than Austin.  I am interested in what Gregg Williams and this front office want at CB.  Are they okay with no-name guys?  They knew the cupboard was bare during camp, so were they just stuck with these guys, or were they fairly happy?  The D performed okay.

16 hours ago, freestater said:

Not really on topic, but concerning CB...a nugget from today's xfl games. 

Isn't he a safety?  He sure seems to be playing off the ball safety here. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You forgot your #grit. You're gritty. You could play in New England. Or Edmonton.

He could be another boar hunter.  Grit.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:53 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I was wondering about this.  Gabriel seems like the type of YAC guy that Gase would like, assuming he can learn the playbook. Loggains was in Cleveland with him. I always liked him as a low dollar guy.  His burst score was awesome, but he is 29.  He followed Shanahan from Cleveland to Atlanta.  Maybe he will end up in San Francisco.

How good was Austin? We probably need way more than one corner.  Roberts and Poole played 68% and 64% of the snaps on the season.  One is a free agent and half the board is cutting the other as a cap casualty.  Maulet (calf injury) and Hairston (trade conditions) may have been higher up their list than Austin.  I am interested in what Gregg Williams and this front office want at CB.  Are they okay with no-name guys?  They knew the cupboard was bare during camp, so were they just stuck with these guys, or were they fairly happy?  The D performed okay.

Trade Adams and sign Tavon Wilson and Prince

On 2/24/2020 at 9:53 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I liked Hairston and he did see to go into the dog house. I really hope that is true, that the pulled back his playing time to help with the draft capital on the trade. Not sure I believe it but that would be good because it would mean:

1. They like Hairston

2. Douglas traded for a player that they like

On 2/24/2020 at 8:50 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

YES!  I am gritty....like sand in clean bed sheets.  I couldn't play in New England....I don't eat clam chowder.

And Edmonton's too cold, and the mall is too big.

• Upvote 1