Will Q. Williams join this elite group?

On 2/22/2020 at 1:35 PM, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

He is a soft, unremarkable player who only stood out cause he was on a stacked Alabama team

Not true, dude commanded a double team most the time in college.  And there were a few moments this past season where you could see his strength show through. 

Give him a chance. 

46 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

This post annoys me, I'm not gonna lie. Here's a kid with a lot of talent that is very young for an NFL player, hasn't been in the weight room for a full year and is injured for half the season at a position that takes time for normal aged rookies to learn. Yet some people think he's a bust. Let's save this thread and bring it out when we see Q have a breakout year this year or next.

I'll tip my hat off if this actually happens.  However, my opinion remains the same, he is a softy bust. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  know where this soft label  is coming from. Q did not get pushed around. As a matter of fact he has knocked back 340lb guards. 

I thinks it's because he looks like he spent more time in a dunking donuts than a gym

• Haha 3

Only an idiot would call a player a bust after one season. Melvin Gordon was awful his first year in the league. Now he is arguably  the best back in football. 

Gordon arguably the best back in football? According to which season, because this past year he was awful coming back off his hold out. Theres probably like 10 RB's, i'd take over him. And Gordon had a decent rookie season, just didn't score any TD's, the yards were there.

I hate the Quinnen Williams pick, i'm not going to call him a bust because that's unfair to any player, and DT especially is a man's position and QW still needs to add muscle. With that being said, QW was an awful pick. You can defend it by saying he pushed back a guard while he was off balance or blew up a play here or there, but the reality is Josh Allen or trading back were the right options. Shepherd, McClendon, Anderson, Fatu could have held it down while adding Allen to the LBers would have been a huge upgrade.

Blows my mind that people root for a team that picked 6 DT's in the 1st round in the past decade and still defend whatever faulty logic is behind it.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Only an idiot would call a player a bust after one season. Melvin Gordon was awful his first year in the league. Now he is arguably  the best back in football. 

Sorry if I insulted your boyfriend. QW sent you a dinner invitation 

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, but I don't think I'm breaking any news here when I say you are one of the most knowledgeable fans on this site. There are plenty of people here I DO take seriously when they critique a pick, or a player, and you're one of them. I realize there were people who had a problem with certain picks, I thought I alluded to that. My point was most didn't, at least until after the fact. Those are the ones I don't take seriously.

That's not meant to be as harsh as it sounds, everyone here is a diehard Jets fan, and most just get carried away with their emotions and frustration with the teams drafting? performance?. We all do it, to an extent. It's why "fan" is derived from the word "fanatic".

Fight me

1 hour ago, MindOverMatter said:

Gordon arguably the best back in football? According to which season, because this past year he was awful coming back off his hold out. Theres probably like 10 RB's, i'd take over him. And Gordon had a decent rookie season, just didn't score any TD's, the yards were there.

I hate the Quinnen Williams pick, i'm not going to call him a bust because that's unfair to any player, and DT especially is a man's position and QW still needs to add muscle. With that being said, QW was an awful pick. You can defend it by saying he pushed back a guard while he was off balance or blew up a play here or there, but the reality is Josh Allen or trading back were the right options. Shepherd, McClendon, Anderson, Fatu could have held it down while adding Allen to the LBers would have been a huge upgrade.

Blows my mind that people root for a team that picked 6 DT's in the 1st round in the past decade and still defend whatever faulty logic is behind it.

Defending what, Im saying calling Q a bust as he is being called in this thread is idiotic and Gordon sucked his rookie year. At the end of the season he apologized to fans for being so bad and promised he would be better next season. And what was wrong with last seasons production? He averaged  nearly 4 yards a carry and had 8 TD's in 12 games and he was eased back in for the first game so he actually played 11 with his normal workload. If Rivers didn't  throw 3 picks every game last season he would have had an even better season.

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Maybe we should give you one as well for making possibly the worst analogy I have read in some time. 

He was a rookie as well, correct?  He was a potential 1st round pick that flunked during the combine. Otherwise, he could have possibly being picked in the 1st round. 

2 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Henry is easiest the best rb in NFL now. Guy received comparisons to none other than Jim Brown. And if I’m not mistaken he’s also a FA. Gordon is a FA and will NOT be reigned by the Chargers who will let him walk. Henry on the other hand will receive a big fat contract from the Titans.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  know where this soft label  is coming from. Q did not get pushed around. As a matter of fact he has knocked back 340lb guards. 

He pushed around 340 lb guards? That's news to me. If he was actually blowing guards up, one would think he would be able to accumulate more than 4 tackles for loss on the season.

Q definitely got pushed around. Many times I saw him getting blown off the line, and taken completely out of the play. 

There's a reason why Q played in less than 50% of the defensive snaps this season. He's not very good. A complete waste of the 3rd overall pick. 

23 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He pushed around 340 lb guards? That's news to me. If he was actually blowing guards up, one would think he would be able to accumulate more than 4 tackles for loss on the season.

Q definitely got pushed around. Many times I saw him getting blown off the line, and taken completely out of the play. 

There's a reason why Q played in less than 50% of the defensive snaps this season. He's not very good. A complete waste of the 3rd overall pick. 

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Sorry if I insulted your boyfriend. QW sent you a dinner invitation 

Just so I am clear, you do realize that:

-You posted this which is the biggest personal attack in this thread.

-Calling someone gay which you implied in this post is a bannable offense.

-You then reported the post when he followed up by calling you an idiot.

Just want to make sure I have all that right. At first glance he showed amazing restraint. My official advice, just walk away, leave the 9 1 1 system for actual emergencies and call it a night.

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What's a 2 minute clip of his 5 or 6 good snaps supposed to prove lol? 

I bet a solid hundo that I can find more clips of him getting embarrassed and manhandled than anyone can find of him making an impact. 

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just so I am clear, you do realize that:

-You posted this which is the biggest personal attack in this thread.

-Calling someone gay which you implied in this post is a bannable offense.

-You then reported the post when he followed up by calling you an idiot.

Just want to make sure I have all that right. At first glance he showed amazing restraint. My official advice, just walk away, leave the 9 1 1 system for actual emergencies and call it a night.

Nope you don’t have it right. I reported it  after he attacked me. You have told members to lay off personal attacks. His first reaction to my post was extremely insulting. My apologies to the site. But read the posts and you’ll see. 

Just now, Wonderboy said:

Nope you don’t have it right. I reported it since You have told members to lay off personal attacks. His first reaction to my post was extremely insulting. My apologies to the site. But read the posts and you’ll see. 

Alright, I will check -- the post you reported though probably wasn't the best option. That is why I responded the way I did.

You guys should actually just put each other on ignore. @More Cowbell

It is way too early to call Q a bust but it is February, no need to be fighting over this now.

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

What's a 2 minute clip of his 5 or 6 good snaps supposed to prove lol? 

I bet a solid hundo that I can find more clips of him getting embarrassed and manhandled than anyone can find of him making an impact. 

It was a clip of one game the guy reviewed.  Why don't  you go find a clip of him getting pushed around. I'd be interested in seeing it. 

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Alright, I will check -- the post you reported though probably wasn't the best option. That is why I responded the way I did.

It is way too early to call Q a bust but it is February, no need to be fighting over this now.

I'm actuly thebone that has been arguing he isn't  a bust and said it was idiotic to say so.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Ok I’ll wait until March 2020 to call him a bust. 

• Thumb Down 1