Chad Reuter three rd mock draft trade scenario involving Jets

Jets0712

First off my apologies for not knowing how to cut paste things. I’m not that old just stupid with technology. Here goes.....

Jets trade with Denver who gets their 11 and select Lamb. Jets get their 15 th and their 3 rd and 4 th round picks. Jets select O T Jedrick Wills... in the 2 Nd he’s got Jets selecting W r Jalen Reagor.... and now with 3 3 rds Jets select CB Jeff Gladner...... pick 79 C Tyler Biedasz. And pick 83. Edge. Josh Uche....

I would love that draft. Fills a lot of needs.

Your thoughts..................

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

First off my apologies for not knowing how to cut paste things. I’m not that old just stupid with technology. Here goes.....

Jets trade with Denver who gets their 11 and select Lamb. Jets get their 15 th and their 3 rd and 4 th round picks. Jets select O T Jedrick Wills... in the 2 Nd he’s got Jets selecting W r Jalen Reagor.... and now with 3 3 rds Jets select CB Jeff Gladner...... pick 79 C Tyler Biedasz. And pick 83. Edge. Josh Uche....

I would love that draft. Fills a lot of needs.

Your thoughts..................

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Substitute Wills for Wirfs or Becton and I'm ecstatic. Lets stay clear from Bama Busts this time. McElroy, Milliner, Quinnen and A. Stewart have required Rolaids so far.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

The problem I have with this scenario is the trade down.  IN hindsight it is great to trade back, pick up a couple of picks and still get the OT you want.  But in real life, on draft night, we are sitting at 11, and JD has his choice of 3 of the top 4 OTs.  And he trades back.  Don't think I would be thrilled waiting around for the next 4 picks to be made.  Even though group these OTs togetehr as top 3, you have to assume that JD prefers 1 or 2.  Alos, if the OTs start dropping and we trade out, we risk someone trading up to try to jump us and get our guy.  If we are sitting at 11, and the OT we like is on the board, just take him. 

All 4 OTs go in the top 10, or 3 go in the top 10 and JD does not like the 4th, then I am all for a trade back.  But our need for a young tackle is so great.  If our guy is on the board at 11.  Don't get cute.  Just take him.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

The problem I have with this scenario is the trade down.  IN hindsight it is great to trade back, pick up a couple of picks and still get the OT you want.  But in real life, on draft night, we are sitting at 11, and JD has his choice of 3 of the top 4 OTs.  And he trades back.  Don't think I would be thrilled waiting around for the next 4 picks to be made.  Even though group these OTs togetehr as top 3, you have to assume that JD prefers 1 or 2.  Alos, if the OTs start dropping and we trade out, we risk someone trading up to try to jump us and get our guy.  If we are sitting at 11, and the OT we like is on the board, just take him. 

All 4 OTs go in the top 10, or 3 go in the top 10 and JD does not like the 4th, then I am all for a trade back.  But our need for a young tackle is so great.  If our guy is on the board at 11.  Don't get cute.  Just take him.

A mock draft is a theoretical exercise, nothing more.  It doesn’t take into consideration the anxiety or repercussions of gms who don’t get the guys they want when they trade down