Jump to content
PepPep

BRADLEE ANAE- EDGE

Recommended Posts

Love this guy. Not sure where he will go, Some have him in Rd. 2 others have him dropping to the 3rd round or lower b/c his ceiling is not as high as some other pass rushers but he's got a fantastic motor, shows good power and speed and a variety of different pass rush moves. If he is there in Rd. 4 or 5 I'd love for the Jets to pick him up. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we doing a thread for every individual in the draft this year?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Are we doing a thread for every individual in the draft this year?

In the Draft Forum that's fine.  Shouldn't be on the main board IMHO.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could fall to 3, but I think hes gone in middle of 2 latest. Premium position, most teams load up on edge. 

We have not been most teams for the last decade, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

In the Draft Forum that's fine.  Shouldn't be on the main board IMHO.

 

Mods please transfer to draft forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to a mock draft podcast a couple of weeks ago that had us taking him in the 2nd.  After taking Chaisson in the first.  Got me so pissed off that i had to remind myself that it was not real.

Anae had a great senior bowl week; completely dominated the game.  Just not sure how much of Anae's dominance was because he was that good or the OL play was that bad.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a great pick in the second round if we dont address edge in free agency.  Excellent character guy, good college production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Would be a great pick in the second round if we dont address edge in free agency.  Excellent character guy, good college production.

I looked at some more tape of him and he is a bit limited athletically. I doubt he goes in the 2nd round. But with our second third or our 4th I'd pull the trigger. The motor is non-stop and the instincts are great. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lith said:

Listened to a mock draft podcast a couple of weeks ago that had us taking him in the 2nd.  After taking Chaisson in the first.  Got me so pissed off that i had to remind myself that it was not real.

Anae had a great senior bowl week; completely dominated the game.  Just not sure how much of Anae's dominance was because he was that good or the OL play was that bad.

Watching that game ill say this.  He had a great get off and first step, but the tackles he was going against couldnt kick back fast enough to handle him, he barely had to use a move to get around the edge.  I think he can be a good player and I would be all in for taking a guy with a high motor who has such a good first step, but he's not on my radar for rd 2 guys id prefer right now. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the kid from Wisconsin but he’s a little light in the britches . Also that kid Taylor that some are projecting to the Jets worries me . I don’t know of a premier edge rusher who’s as late off the snap every single time

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I love the kid from Wisconsin but he’s a little light in the britches


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Baun? Have seen him in more than one mock late 1st, early 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guys I'm hoping for at Edge outside Round 1 are Baun (likely gone by end of 1st), Uche (could be there in the 2nd but I'm seeing him go in the late 30's, early 40's in some mocks) or Willekes (interesting prospect, would like him in the 5th but might need to take him in the 4th to make sure we get him.  He's a poor man's TJ Watt IMO).

If the Jets hit OT, WR, C, and RB in the first 4 picks (3 rounds) I'd be fine grabbing Willekes in Round 4 before targeting another WR in the 5th and then grabbing a CB late.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 11:23 PM, Integrity28 said:

Are we doing a thread for every individual in the draft this year?

Welp....there goes my Rodrigo Blankenship thread idea....😐

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baun? Have seen him in more than one mock late 1st, early 2nd.

Other edge defenders I like include South Carolina’s D J Wonnum, Stanford’s Casey Toohill and Syracuse Alton Robinson . All these guys have displayed the ability to rush from multiple positions but more importantly an ability to drop into zone coverage .

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Other edge defenders I like include South Carolina’s D J Wonnum, Stanford’s Casey Toohill and Syracuse Alton Robinson . All these guys have displayed the ability to rush from multiple positions but more importantly an ability to drop into zone coverage .

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This guy is interesting....flying a bit below the radar, it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, section314 said:

This guy is interesting....flying a bit below the radar, it seems.

13 sacks last year.  I guess the only reason he’s under the radar is he’s at Utah

 

The only negative is that this guy’s last name sounds like “Anal”

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I love the kid from Wisconsin but he’s a little light in the britches . Also that kid Taylor that some are projecting to the Jets worries me . I don’t know of a premier edge rusher who’s as late off the snap every single time

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

I LOVE Baun

 

If we can get him in round 2 that would be great.  Yes he’s undersized but he’s got good technique and is all over the place on the field

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

13 sacks last year.  I guess the only reason he’s under the radar is he’s at Utah

 

The only negative is that this guy’s last name sounds like “Anal”

 

His negatives, as far as what I've read up on him, are his lack of elite athleticism (which won't translate well to the NFL) and short arms/lack of length for a DE. He's also one dimensional in the sense that he has not had a lot of success dropping into coverage. He seems to be solid against the run though.  

I like him. I'm not as concerned about his lack of elite athleticism. He's all over the field on tape and his effort more than makes up for lack of 'length'. Just depends on what value teams place on him. Like I said, if he's there in the 4th I think its great value. Early in the 3rd, you're passing on a lot of other talent. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PepPep said:

His negatives, as far as what I've read up on him, are his lack of elite athleticism (which won't translate well to the NFL) and short arms/lack of length for a DE. He's also one dimensional in the sense that he has not had a lot of success dropping into coverage. He seems to be solid against the run though.  

I like him. I'm not as concerned about his lack of elite athleticism. He's all over the field on tape and his effort more than makes up for lack of 'length'. Just depends on what value teams place on him. Like I said, if he's there in the 4th I think its great value. Early in the 3rd, you're passing on a lot of other talent. 

Look I much prefer Baun but I don’t know if he falls to 48.  Jets have to really consider a guy with 13 sacks mostly against top competition 

 

We really need OLB it’s almost as dire a need as OL and WR after we passed on Allen and whiffed on Polite

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where the SPARQ guys this year?  I never know where to find this stuff but based on what I thought I saw on his testing, he was as bad as AJ Epenesa.

He's a hard no for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Where the SPARQ guys this year?  I never know where to find this stuff but based on what I thought I saw on his testing, he was as bad as AJ Epenesa.

He's a hard no for me.

Basically none this year. Not an athletic edge class. I‘d be okay with Curtis Weaver if he’s there in the third. He looks bendy and squatty and like he doesn’t stay blocked. Solid three cone. Consistently good sack numbers. Not a great vert though and didn’t run so I’d guess he lacks a degree of explosiveness. It’s not a bad profile but not awesome.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, derp said:

Basically none this year. Not an athletic edge class. I‘d be okay with Curtis Weaver if he’s there in the third. He looks bendy and squatty and like he doesn’t stay blocked. Solid three cone. Consistently good sack numbers. Not a great vert though and didn’t run so I’d guess he lacks a degree of explosiveness. It’s not a bad profile but not awesome.

That's what I thought just based of the numbers I saw.  That said, I'd probably pass on Edge all together this year.  Too much offense to be taking another unathletic pass rusher and hope.  Those rarely translate. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's what I thought just based of the numbers I saw.  That said, I'd probably pass on Edge all together this year.  Too much offense to be taking another unathletic pass rusher and hope.  Those rarely translate. 

 

Agreed.  This edge class is poor.  You can’t fill every need in one draft, but we can fill a couple if we draft right.  This year it’s all about the offense.  The only defensive position I’d be interested in drafting this year is CB.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RobR said:

The only guy that jumps off that list too me is Zuniga but I have a feeling I'm thinking of a different UF player that I was impressed by.

What do you say @JiF.

You're probably thinking of Jonathan Greenard.  He was a monster for the Gators last season.  10 sacks, 50+ tackles, INT,...he was a play maker.   When him and Zuniga where healthy at the same time, our D was nasty.  The 2 games we lost, Georgia/LSU, we didnt have them at full strength and we were a totally different D.  

I figured Zuniga would test like a freak and I knew Greenard wouldnt.   That said, I think Zuniga projects better as a pass rushers but the health issues are real.  Kid cant stay healthy.  I'd be worried about taking either but at least Zuniga checks the next level pass rusher boxes.  

Here was my write up on Gators prospects pre combine; 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2020 at 11:39 AM, Tinstar said:

I love the kid from Wisconsin but he’s a little light in the britches . Also that kid Taylor that some are projecting to the Jets worries me . I don’t know of a premier edge rusher who’s as late off the snap every single time

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

That is why I didn't want Danielle Hunter.  He seems to be working out pretty well. 

22 hours ago, Philc1 said:

13 sacks last year.  I guess the only reason he’s under the radar is he’s at Utah

 

The only negative is that this guy’s last name sounds like “Anal”

 

Pretty sure that he was talking about Alton Robinson from Syracuse being under the radar.  Robinson had 10 sacks as a junior, but only 4 last year.  Athletically, he stacks up much better than Anae.

18 hours ago, JiF said:

Where the SPARQ guys this year?  I never know where to find this stuff but based on what I thought I saw on his testing, he was as bad as AJ Epenesa.

He's a hard no for me.

I think he is actually worse than Epenesa, though that is probably mostly based on being so light.  Their 3 cones are kind of Vernon Gholston kiss of death.  Not many good pass rushers over 7.2 IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

You're probably thinking of Jonathan Greenard.  He was a monster for the Gators last season.  10 sacks, 50+ tackles, INT,...he was a play maker.   When him and Zuniga where healthy at the same time, our D was nasty.  The 2 games we lost, Georgia/LSU, we didnt have them at full strength and we were a totally different D.  

I figured Zuniga would test like a freak and I knew Greenard wouldnt.   That said, I think Zuniga projects better as a pass rushers but the health issues are real.  Kid cant stay healthy.  I'd be worried about taking either but at least Zuniga checks the next level pass rusher boxes.  

Here was my write up on Gators prospects pre combine; 

 

 

 

Didn't Zuniga line up a bunch as an interior DL or am I imagining things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RobR said:

Didn't Zuniga line up a bunch as an interior DL or am I imagining things?

Yes.  They moved him around the LOS but he was primarily used on the interior which impacted his sacks #'s.  Greenard they moved all over the place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes.  They moved him around the LOS but he was primarily used on the interior which impacted his sacks #'s.  Greenard they moved all over the place.  

That could bode well if he does switch outside because he has the athletic profile of a passrusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmmm.....who said Jachai polite was a stud pick last year?   🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RobR said:

That could bode well if he does switch outside because he has the athletic profile of a passrusher.

Yep, agreed.  He get's more one on one looks, he could be a monster.  He's freakish, for sure. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Hmmmmm.....who said Jachai polite was a stud pick last year?   🤪

Not sure if you're talking about me but I laughed at the pick immediately and EY said, "that bad" and I said, "yep...he's not going to translate. He doesnt have the athletic profile".

I only came to his defense when people were ready to cut him after the 1st preseason game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...