Jump to content
TuscanyTile2

Red Sox Cheating Scandal Going To Break Soon

Recommended Posts

Got some inside info that the Red Sox are going to get hit next with the cheating scandal.  To be announced soon (maybe within the week).  Pretty sure this source is reliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Got some inside info that the Red Sox are going to get hit next with the cheating scandal.  To be announced soon (maybe within the week).  Pretty sure this source is reliable.

They have been investigating for some time, with an announcement expected soon. This is not new.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

They have been investigating for some time, with an announcement expected soon. This is not new.

But the news is about the outcome of the investigation. That they’re guilty.  Not really a surprise but still.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No wonder David “I guess I did steroids” Ortiz is publicly trying to shame the Astros whistleblower all week

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MLB has a big problem on their hands with the Astros. If yesterdays fan reaction is what this year will be like for them, Houston is in for a long year. Add the Red Sox to the mix, and this will really get ugly.

I'm a Mets fan, but I'm going to tune in when they visit the Bronx.... :hap:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thing I was told was that the Mets had a great clubhouse last year.   I expected that would be the answer but always nice to get the confirmation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

MLB has a big problem on their hands with the Astros. If yesterdays fan reaction is what this year will be like for them, Houston is in for a long year. Add the Red Sox to the mix, and this will really get ugly.

I'm a Mets fan, but I'm going to tune in when they visit the Bronx.... :hap:

The overreaction is all quite ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using technology is what is a game changer here. Baseball has always been if you see it, you steal it. The Astros and Red Sox used cameras, that is beyond messed up.

So glad they are getting the reaction they are. Can't wait for the Sox punishment.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 2:34 PM, 14 in Green said:

MLB has a big problem on their hands with the Astros. If yesterdays fan reaction is what this year will be like for them, Houston is in for a long year. Add the Red Sox to the mix, and this will really get ugly.

I'm a Mets fan, but I'm going to tune in when they visit the Bronx.... :hap:

That will be must see TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Using technology is what is a game changer here. Baseball has always been if you see it, you steal it. The Astros and Red Sox used cameras, that is beyond messed up.

So glad they are getting the reaction they are. Can't wait for the Sox punishment.

Every team is doing it, Sox got caught. Just like every team had players on steroids, the Yankees just kept getting caught. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Every team is doing it, Sox got caught. Just like every team had players on steroids, the Yankees just kept getting caught. 

Every team wasn't doing this. This is not selective punishment. This is a really bad scandal that the Red Sox manager * was a key ring leader in.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Every team wasn't doing this. This is not selective punishment. This is a really bad scandal that the Red Sox manager * was a key ring leader in.

I don’t think you’re read up on the subject. Every team was using video to determine signs and sequences. And Cora was a scapegoat. He wasn’t even with the Astros when this started. I suggest you do some research. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Using technology is what is a game changer here. Baseball has always been if you see it, you steal it. The Astros and Red Sox used cameras, that is beyond messed up.

So glad they are getting the reaction they are. Can't wait for the Sox punishment.

Teixiera indicated that the Yankees were using the cameras to determine catchers signs and then some players, when on second, would if they see the same sequencing, relay that to the batter.

So, in essence, they were using technology to relay. It was just not as much real-time as the Astros, and apparently the Red Sox. Or, so they say.

I believe that all teams were and have been doing it, to some degree at some time. The outrage for players as a whole, outside the Astros, is quite comical and seemingly hypocritical. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Every team is doing it, Sox got caught. Just like every team had players on steroids, the Yankees just kept getting caught. 

 

1CEA5ADE-ABEA-4E6F-9EAD-E044CD45634D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Teixiera indicated that the Yankees were using the cameras to determine catchers signs and then some players, when on second, would if they see the same sequencing, relay that to the batter.

So, in essence, they were using technology to relay. It was just not as much real-time as the Astros, and apparently the Red Sox. Or, so they say.

I believe that all teams were and have been doing it, to some degree at some time. The outrage for players as a whole, outside the Astros, is quite comical and seemingly hypocritical. 

 

To me, this is the most disgusting thing of all. They feign anger, but when they had a chance to do something, they hide behind the "we all belong to the union" crap. As a group, they are gutless,and should be ashamed of themselves.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

 

1F4C75D1-8434-4797-9E11-A4BFFD4B671B.jpeg

Not sure why I would be deflecting here, as I have no stake in this. 

It seems you have your Pinstripe panties in a twist, by just suggestion of cheating. The fact is, the majority, if not all clubs were doing something like this in one way or another.

No reason to be sensitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, section314 said:

He has turned into quite the Douche bag.

He always has been. He just played for the Yankees, so you chose not to see it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Not sure why I would be deflecting here, as I have no stake in this. 

It seems you have your Pinstripe panties in a twist, by just suggestion of cheating. The fact is, the majority, if not all clubs were doing something like this in one way or another.

No reason to be sensitive.

Don’t worry none of the precious Red Sox players will get suspended and the entire Yankees rotation is injured 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

Don’t worry none of the precious Red Sox players will get suspended and the entire Yankees rotation is injured 

Why do you want to paint me with some Red Sox brush? Catch up on things here. You seem too busy doing your own deflecting to not recognize facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Teixiera indicated that the Yankees were using the cameras to determine catchers signs and then some players, when on second, would if they see the same sequencing, relay that to the batter.

So, in essence, they were using technology to relay. It was just not as much real-time as the Astros, and apparently the Red Sox. Or, so they say.

I believe that all teams were and have been doing it, to some degree at some time. The outrage for players as a whole, outside the Astros, is quite comical and seemingly hypocritical. 

 

No. He didn't say that. There is a video but it is a deep fake video. Tex also believes the earth is flat. There are no videos of him saying the earth is flat, those are deep unfake. Tex is a covert agent.

This is about the Astros and Red Sox cheating and getting caught.

 

Really though I said this earlier. Baseball has always been if you see you, you say it. So if you see the sign it has always been that way. My high school baseball coach had just finished playing minor baseball when he coached us. He coached 3rd and was great at stealing signs. If he called your last name it was a curve. If he called your first name it was a fastball. If he didn't say anything he didn't see it. That has been in the game forever.

The players are outraged because the Astros and Red Sox cheated using technology, holy buzzers, and they won World Championships doing it.

The real time aspect and the extensive use of technology is the story here.

The fun part is the Red Sox investigation has been dragged out for so long. So they now lose a young "Championship" wining coach. And the fun just begins because the players and fans will all hate them too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don’t think you’re read up on the subject. Every team was using video to determine signs and sequences. And Cora was a scapegoat. He wasn’t even with the Astros when this started. I suggest you do some research. 

I suggest you don't suggest to me what I should do. That is my suggestion.

Also your team fired their manager for cheating. Maybe you missed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Teixeira torches Red Sox legends in Astros cheating feud

Former Yankees star Mark Teixeira on Monday called out Red Sox legends David Ortiz and Pedro Martinez after the two ripped Athletics pitcher Mike Fiers for exposing the Astros’ cheating ways.

In two separate interviews in the last few weeks, Ortiz labeled Fiers a “snitch,” while his former teammate Martinez said the former Houston righty was a “bad teammate” for waiting two years after he left the organization to come forward with what has become the biggest baseball story of the offseason.

“I just think there are very few people out there that really even use the word snitch or rat anymore anyway,” Teixeira said on ESPN. “This isn’t ‘Goodfellas.’ This is the real world. In the real world, you want bad things brought to light. You don’t want people cheating.”

For the most part, Fiers has been praised for blowing the whistle on the Astros, who were long suspected in baseball circles of cheating.

Teixeira retired a season before Houston began illegally stealing opponents’ signs in 2017, when the Astros beat the Yankees in the ALCS on their way to winning the World Series.

“Players that are clean, whether they are in the steroid era or anybody that wasn’t on the Astros, they want these guys outed, they want the Astros punished,” Teixeira said. “So for David Ortiz and Pedro Martinez or anybody, it’s interesting it’s two [ex-]Boston players and Boston is part of this investigation as well, so I think there’s some meaning behind what the two Red Sox players are saying.”

SEE ALSO

 

image.gif

There also is the 2009 New York Times report, which said Ortiz was one of 104 players who tested positive for PEDs in 2003. The slugger never was punished as the test was administered one year before MLB implemented a new drug-testing program, and Ortiz repeatedly has denied cheating.

Nowadays, Ortiz and Hall of Famer Martinez are both special assistants for the Red Sox, who currently are awaiting commissioner Rob Manfred’s report on allegations that the 2018 champions also illegally stole signs.

But the lack of a whistleblower in the Red Sox case could make it difficult for MLB to levy similar punishments to what Houston faced.

In addition to the team losing draft picks and being fined $5 million, the league suspended Astros manager A.J. Hinch and general manager Jeff Luhnow for one year each, and Houston subsequently fired both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

 

1CEA5ADE-ABEA-4E6F-9EAD-E044CD45634D.jpeg

You’re right. MLB has to clarify the video room rules and station people outside of those rooms because no one was using them for ill-gotten gains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Sox cheating probe ‘developments’ delay decision

NORTH PORT, Fla. — “Development” is a fine word for movie scripts and young athletes. Less so if it refers to someone investigating you. And that’s where the Red Sox find themselves.

Rob Manfred said Sunday that his office’s look into allegations the champion 2018 Sawx illegally stole signs had lasted longer than he originally anticipated. When the commissioner spoke at the conclusion of the owners’ meetings on Feb. 6, he said he hoped to conclude the investigation by the time camps opened, a deadline he missed.

“There have been a couple of developments in the Boston thing that slowed us down,” Manfred said at CoolToday Park during Grapefruit League Media Day. “… People who had to be reinterviewed as a result of things. … I am still thinking that by the end of next week, we should be done and have a decision out.”

That would be by Feb. 28, Manfred clarified.

The lack of a public whistleblower or damning video footage, two components that immediately put the 2017 Astros in the hottest of water, have led baseball folks to assume that the penalties for the Red Sox will be nowhere near as harsh — beyond a lengthy suspension for former manager Alex Cora, who served as the bench coach for the 2017 Astros and led the way in the trash can-banging scheme. These “developments” at the least delay such assumptions from turning into realities.


In other matters:

Manfred said he met with all of the Grapefruit League managers here — there were 13 on site — and discussed, among other matters, new Astros manager Dusty Baker’s public plea that the league ensure his players aren’t repeatedly drilled by pitchers as an unofficial penalty for their sign-stealing.

SEE ALSO

 

image.gif

“I hope that I made it extremely clear to them that retaliation in a game by throwing at a player intentionally will not be tolerated, whether it’s Houston or anyone else,” Manfred said. “It’s dangerous and not helpful to the current situation.”


Progress continues toward a rule that could go so far as to ban players and coaches from the video replay room during games.

“I do expect that we will for 2020 have really serious restrictions [against] players and player personnel having access to video in-game,” Manfred said.


Regarding the dramatic revision of the postseason that The Post’s Joel Sherman first reported, Manfred offered: “Have we discussed expanded playoffs as an internal manner? Yes, we have. I think in an entertainment environment, as competitive as the one in which we live, if we were not at least talking about that, we probably wouldn’t be doing our job. No decisions have been made on that particular topic, but it certainly has been a topic of conversation internally.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boston Red Sox illegally used video replay room to steal signs during 2018 season, report says

Chris Bumbaca
USA TODAY
 
 

For the second time this offseason, a cheating scandal has rocked Major League Baseball.

On Tuesday, The Athletic reported — using three anonymous sources — the Boston Red Sox used the video replay room near the dugout to aid in electronically stealing signs in 2018, when the team won 108 games during the regular season and the World Series. 

The report said players would wander into the unguarded replay room during regular season games to decipher opponents' sign sequences. That information would be relayed to a runner on second base. The runner would signal to the hitter whether the incoming pitch was a fastball — right foot off the bag first — or an offspeed offering — left foot first. This system, according to The Athletic, only worked with a runner on second or sometimes first. 

The Red Sox led the league in runs scored in 2018 (876). The method stopped during the postseason when MLB instituted an in-person monitor inside the video replay rooms, a practice that carried over into the 2019 season. 

 

Sign-stealing is a form of gamesmanship in baseball. A line is crossed, though, when signs are stolen through the use of technology. In March 2018, MLB chief baseball officer Joe Torre issued a three-page memo to front offices saying "To be clear, the use of any equipment in the clubhouse or in a Club’s replay or video rooms to decode an opposing Club’s signs during the game violates this Regulation."

This past November, the Houston Astros were accused of using a center-field camera that fed to a monitor near the dugout, allowing players to bang on a garbage can to alert the hitter to the type of pitch — a practice that peaked during the 2017 season, when they won the World Series. Alex Cora was Houston's bench coach that season and was reported to have played a role in formulating that system. Boston hired him as manager that offseason, pitting him in the middle of both scandals. 

In response to the allegations, MLB said it will open an investigation. 

"The Commissioner made clear in a September 15, 2017 memorandum to clubs how seriously he would take any future violation of the regulations regarding use of electronic equipment or the inappropriate use of the video replay room," MLB said in a statement to The Athletic. 

The Red Sox responded with an statement: “We were recently made aware of allegations suggesting the inappropriate use of our video replay room. We take these allegations seriously and will fully cooperate with MLB as they investigate the matter.”

 
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished my research. The Red Sox cheated. Their World Series is tainted.  *

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You’re right. MLB has to clarify the video room rules and station people outside of those rooms because no one was using them for ill-gotten gains. 

They did clarify it and that is why the Astros and Red Sox had to hire new managers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I suggest you don't suggest to me what I should do. That is my suggestion.

Also your team fired their manager for cheating. Maybe you missed that.

You’re welcome to continue to post uninformed then. It’s your board. Do with it what you will. Facts are, there is no real evidence the Red Sox did what anyone is saying. There is actual evidence of what the Astros did. That’s why they’ve been punished quickly and the Sox “investigation” is being dragged out. There’s no smoking gun, only allegations. Also, everyone was using the video replay room the exact same way. That’s why MLB changed the rules for those rooms, or clarified anyway.

And yes, the Sox fired Cora. Even though the development of the Astros sign stealing scandal happened before he even got there and was driven by Luhnow and an intern. There’s a whole article in the Wall Street Journal about it. You’d have to ask the awful Red Sox owners why they decided to do that. Seemed a bit rushed if you ask me. All will be revealed soon. 

I know you’re desperate to make the Sox look bad because you’re a Yankee fan, but the Yankees shouldn’t throw stones from their already shattered glass house. It’s a terrible look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

You’re welcome to continue to post uninformed then. It’s your board. Do with it what you will. Facts are, there is no real evidence the Red Sox did what anyone is saying. There is actual evidence of what the Astros did. That’s why they’ve been punished quickly and the Sox “investigation” is being dragged out. There’s no smoking gun, only allegations. Also, everyone was using the video replay room the exact same way. That’s why MLB changed the rules for those rooms, or clarified anyway.

And yes, the Sox fired Cora. Even though the development of the Astros sign stealing scandal happened before he even got there and was driven by Luhnow and an intern. There’s a whole article in the Wall Street Journal about it. You’d have to ask the awful Red Sox owners why they decided to do that. Seemed a bit rushed if you ask me. All will be revealed soon. 

I know you’re desperate to make the Sox look bad because you’re a Yankee fan, but the Yankees shouldn’t throw stones from their already shattered glass house. It’s a terrible look. 

Well the Yankees aren't throwing stones, they are annoyed that two teams cheated in back to back years and won World Series championships. Sucks when you play by the rules and cheaters are rewarded. 

The Sox cheating report will say that this was less of an infraction than the Astros. I believe that. that being said they still cheated. Cora's interview when the Yankees beat the snot out of the Sox in London, where he winked and basically said they Yankees were on to them, that was terrible. He admitted that the Yankees were tougher to beat than the year before because the knew the Sox were cheating.

Thanks for your permission to do what I want on my board. It means a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is times like this that I miss Jets \ Bosox fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No. He didn't say that. There is a video but it is a deep fake video. Tex also believes the earth is flat. There are no videos of him saying the earth is flat, those are deep unfake. Tex is a covert agent.

This is about the Astros and Red Sox cheating and getting caught.

 

Really though I said this earlier. Baseball has always been if you see you, you say it. So if you see the sign it has always been that way. My high school baseball coach had just finished playing minor baseball when he coached us. He coached 3rd and was great at stealing signs. If he called your last name it was a curve. If he called your first name it was a fastball. If he didn't say anything he didn't see it. That has been in the game forever.

The players are outraged because the Astros and Red Sox cheated using technology, holy buzzers, and they won World Championships doing it.

The real time aspect and the extensive use of technology is the story here.

The fun part is the Red Sox investigation has been dragged out for so long. So they now lose a young "Championship" wining coach. And the fun just begins because the players and fans will all hate them too.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/21/mark-teixiera-yankees-sign-stealing-nothing-like-carlos-beltrans-astros/

Teixeira said a few Yankees — namely Beltran, Alex Rodriguez and Chris Young — and a few coaches used the new equipment as the next logical step up from a TV broadcast, which had a single image and, thus, was not always trained on the catcher’s signs.

If a Yankee thought he deciphered the sequence or indicator, Teixeira said, that player would share it with teammates. If someone reached second base, he was told to see if the opposition kept the same signs. If so, the baserunner could alert the hitter with his own sign.

Teixeira claimed the system was not widely successful. In fact, he said he ignored it because “I thought personally it was BS because by the time they decoded and would get it to me [from second base], my at-bat was over or the pitcher and catcher changed the signs. They were wrong more than they were right. … Anecdotally, I would argue with teammates, ‘You are not good at this. You are trying to give signs, then you get mad at me because I am not good at it either. We are not that good at it.’

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well the Yankees aren't throwing stones, they are annoyed that two teams cheated in back to back years and won World Series championships. Sucks when you play by the rules and cheaters are rewarded. 

The Sox cheating report will say that this was less of an infraction than the Astros. I believe that. that being said they still cheated. Cora's interview when the Yankees beat the snot out of the Sox in London, where he winked and basically said they Yankees were on to them, that was terrible. He admitted that the Yankees were tougher to beat than the year before because the knew the Sox were cheating.

Thanks for your permission to do what I want on my board. It means a lot.

You know he was talking about the Yankees having Beltran and him helping them with signs right?

The Yankees are known cheaters and have been for a long time. They’ve been punished for it before whether it’s sign stealing, cameras, or steroids. Acting as if the Yankees are clean is pretty hysterical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...