TuscanyTile2

Red Sox Cheating Scandal Going To Break Soon

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You know he was talking about the Yankees having Beltran and him helping them with signs right?

The Yankees are known cheaters and have been for a long time. They’ve been punished for it before whether it’s sign stealing, cameras, or steroids. Acting as if the Yankees are clean is pretty hysterical. 

Prison is filled with innocent people. All signing the same song.

Let's get this thread back on topic though, anyone know when the Red Sox report comes out?

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/21/mark-teixiera-yankees-sign-stealing-nothing-like-carlos-beltrans-astros/

Teixeira said a few Yankees — namely Beltran, Alex Rodriguez and Chris Young — and a few coaches used the new equipment as the next logical step up from a TV broadcast, which had a single image and, thus, was not always trained on the catcher’s signs.

If a Yankee thought he deciphered the sequence or indicator, Teixeira said, that player would share it with teammates. If someone reached second base, he was told to see if the opposition kept the same signs. If so, the baserunner could alert the hitter with his own sign.

Teixeira claimed the system was not widely successful. In fact, he said he ignored it because “I thought personally it was BS because by the time they decoded and would get it to me [from second base], my at-bat was over or the pitcher and catcher changed the signs. They were wrong more than they were right. … Anecdotally, I would argue with teammates, ‘You are not good at this. You are trying to give signs, then you get mad at me because I am not good at it either. We are not that good at it.’

Ok I take it all back, Tex is a good guy and he believes the earth is round.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Prison is filled with innocent people. All signing the same song.

Let's get this thread back on topic though, anyone know when the Red Sox report comes out?

Manfred said by the end of this week maybe. Will be interesting to see what they determine. Probably a slap on the wrist. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Manfred said by the end of this week maybe. Will be interesting to see what they determine. Probably a slap on the wrist. 

Yeah I don't think there will be much in the way of punishment. The biggest thing I am seriously hoping for in all of this is I want to see Altuve and Bregman's stats take a big step backwards this year. That would make me happy. I really would like to see them get a scar from not being as good without the signs. I do think the Red Sox involvement was less but I am VERY happy to see Cora gone. So that is punishment enough imo.

Think about Beltran, he is 42 years old and has that pitching staff. There is a chance he could have won it all with the Mets in the next few years. He could have had a 20 plus year managing career and now it is gone. That dude paid a big price.

I think Altuve is going to be the poster boy for this from the players perspective. He puts up numbers that people at his size don't normally do. So seeing him go back to under 20 home runs is my hope!

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah I don't think there will be much in the way of punishment. The biggest thing I am seriously hoping for in all of this is I want to see Altuve and Bregman's stats take a big step backwards this year. That would make me happy. I really would like to see them get a scar from not being as good without the signs. I do think the Red Sox involvement was less but I am VERY happy to see Cora gone. So that is punishment enough imo.

Think about Beltran, he is 42 years old and has that pitching staff. There is a chance he could have won it all with the Mets in the next few years. He could have had a 20 plus year managing career and now it is gone. That dude paid a big price.

I think Altuve is going to be the poster boy for this from the players perspective. He puts up numbers that people at his size don't normally do. So seeing him go back to under 20 home runs is my hope!

Yeah. Not thrilled with Roenicke. Would rather have had Varitek. 

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. Not thrilled with Roenicke. Would rather have had Varitek. 

I don't know much about Roenicke but the game has changed and is changing so much, I am not sure these guys in their 60s can fully relate.