Sign in to follow this  
Ohio State NY Jets fan

Astros = why Rodger destroyed the tapes

It wasn’t an honest investigation. In fact MLB knew about their cheating and chose to do nothing so they didn’t look bad until Mike Fiers blew the whistle. 

• Post of the Week 2

It wasn’t an honest investigation. In fact MLB knew about their cheating and chose to do nothing so they didn’t look bad until Mike Fiers blew the whistle. 

Just like Bud Selig looked the other way when rampant steroid use was leading to shattered HR records and record viewership. And he was put in the HoF

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

So what do you think those tapes proved? - Baseball admitted cheating, NFL did not...

45 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Ok, how is the pats* video sign stealing any different?

If anything, it's a repeat of the NFL's mistake. There's more to this story as there's clearly something being hidden about those buzzers. It makes it so much worse, so they only went so far with the investigation and reveal.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I didn’t say it was. I’m just saying Manfred deserves some of the criticism and that the investigation isn’t exactly “honest”. 

• Upvote 2

And I still think Manfred is hiding something from us. The Astros didn’t just stop cheating after they won a title so either evidence is limited or MLB is hiding it the way I think they are. 

Actually, I think what the Astros  did was worse than what the Pats did. A lot of HC's knew they (Pats) were trying to film the signals and would just send out a bunch of false ones. Herm said in an interview he once waived into the camera during a game.

Nobody knew what the Astros were doing at the time and it's  a lot easier to get a big hit in an important spot when you know what pitch is coming.  

• Upvote 3

F goodell, he’s the bend over buddy for kraft ... let’s the king cheaters brady and Belichick jerk each other off every day on their tainted trophies

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually, I think what the Astros  did was worse than what the Pats did. A lot of HC's knew they (Pats) were trying to film the signals and would just send out a bunch of false ones. Herm said in an interview he once waived into the camera during a game.

Nobody knew what the Astros were doing at the time and it's  a lot easier to get a big hit in an important spot when you know what pitch is coming.  

I'm not sure that is entirely true. There are stories out there that multiple clubs knew or suspected that the Astros were stealing signs illegally and reported it to the MLB commissioners office but nothing was done about it until Fiers went public.

There's a good story on ESPN about how some anonymous twitter bloke was able to pretty easily work out what the trashcan banging was all about, including what bangs corresponded to the speed of the pitch.

• Upvote 2

The Yankees create way more shared revenue than the Astros for MLB owners.  The NFL owners shared revenue doesn't come from local TV rights, it all comes from national contracts.  

You screw a big market team in MLB you've screwed league revenue.   The Astros screwed Dady Warbucks.  

Sorry. I am so tired of this story already. The Astros did what teams have been doing for 100 years. Did Using  technology give them more of an edge than a guy with binoculars in 1992? Maybe. Get over it Yankee fans! Bottom line the Astros were better than you anyway. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I had read somewhere the pats tapes were destroyed because they also contained crotch-shots and Close-ups of cheerleaders mixed in. The nfl did want those pics getting out.

20 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

What the Astros did is NOTHING like what teams have done for 100 years. I find it odd that you're sick of a story that you clearly have no clue about.

🤣

MLB players need to shut up and stop acting so holier than thou. 

If Manfred had suspended players, the players union would have been up in arms as the Commissioner cannot unilaterally suspend players without union consent.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JetPotato said:

If anything, it's a repeat of the NFL's mistake. There's more to this story as there's clearly something being hidden about those buzzers. It makes it so much worse, so they only went so far with the investigation and reveal.

I thought that was debunked when it was traced to some internet conspiracy guy who basically made it up. Baseball version of QAnon.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Pretty simple and big difference,

Pats were taping for possible use at a latter date, the video wasn't used to an advantage in real time.  

The Astros cheating was used at the moment the signs were stolen, relayed to the batter, to the advantage of that hitter.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If Manfred had suspended players, the players union would have been up in arms as the Commissioner cannot unilaterally suspend players without union consent.

And if he didnt offer immunity to the players that were going to be interviewed no one would have given up details and there wouldn't have been anyone to punish.  We never would have heard about the sign stealing 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And if he didnt offer immunity to the players that were going to be interviewed no one would have given up details and there wouldn't have been anyone to punish.  We never would have heard about the sign stealing 

Exactly. Yes, what the Astros did was above and beyond. They got caught and are now paying the consequences.

Where was the players and the union chiding steroid users and castigating them? 

Some of the players responses have been ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I thought that was debunked when it was traced to some internet conspiracy guy who basically made it up. Baseball version of QAnon.

It hasn't been debunked and there are current MLB players who insist it occurred. Given the Astros have ZERO credibility, I believe there's more to the story than we're being told. There's no chance that they cheated, it worked, and then they decided to just stop. Just a matter of time til that all comes out.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The players union can't do anything about Manfred vacating the Astros' 2017 title.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Dont forget to add that people are calling for manfred to be fired..

but but but...It was such a well handle investigation....lol

28 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The players union can't do anything about Manfred vacating the Astros' 2017 title.

Vacating titles is the most ridiculous thing that I have heard of in sport. The NCAA has done it, and it means absolutely nothing. The NCAA does it because they don't care about being ogres, and try to flex their muscles.

I get why Manfred didn't do that. It tarnishes the game more than he would appreciate. 

2 hours ago, Gibby said:

Sorry. I am so tired of this story already. The Astros did what teams have been doing for 100 years. Did Using  technology give them more of an edge than a guy with binoculars in 1992? Maybe. Get over it Yankee fans! Bottom line the Astros were better than you anyway. 

More of an edge? Try sports car in the 1700s