Astros = why Rodger destroyed the tapes

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Manfred is limited in what he can do because he’s dealing with by far the strongest union in all of sports

I wish we could have Manfred as the nfl or nba commissioner

If you can suspect players for PEDs use in baseball you can suspend them for this..at most they may get their suspension reduced..and seeing how players are speaking out about this, Manfred would of just been fine in doing so..

You want a commissioner whose catching hell for how he handed the astro situations?? Getting all hyped cause he suspended a couple managers..so the f what. That is not going to stop anything.

...I swear some of you really dont think your thoughts through.

Like stop crying about spygate already...

And what exactly is Silver doing wrong In the nba? He just got more people to care about the all star game in basketball than in baseball or football.

27 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

If you can suspect players for PEDs use in baseball you can suspend them for this..at most they may get their suspension reduced..and seeing how players are speaking out about this, Manfred would of just been fine in doing so..

You want a commissioner whose catching hell for how he handed the astro situations?? Getting all hyped cause he suspended a couple managers..so the f what. That is not going to stop anything.

And what exactly is Silver doing wrong In the nba? He just got more people to care about the all star game in basketball than in baseball or football.

Eh no.

Manfred could suspend Altuve etc but the players would then file a grievance, it would go to arbitration and the burden of proof then falls on Manfred who now has to litigate maybe 20-25 separate grievances plus a group grievance (Class Action)

If Manfred loses the arbitrations he looks like a clown like Roger Goodell or Adam Silver

59 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And that’s part of why Beliweasel hated Mangini so much he was complicit in a lot of the cheating and was potentially a whistleblower 

He hated mangini long before he reported them.  His hated that Eric went to the Jets because he hated us so much.

39 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Eh no.

Manfred could suspend Altuve etc but the players would then file a grievance, it would go to arbitration and the burden of proof then falls on Manfred who now has to litigate maybe 20-25 separate grievances plus a group grievance (Class Action)

If Manfred loses the arbitrations he looks like a clown like Roger Goodell or Adam Silver

He looks like a clown now!?! What are you picking and choosing what you want to believe (per usual)

You have players speaking out left and right people asking for him to be fired..but yet some of the jet Faithful are praising him cause he suspended a couple managers...

Man while the NFL continues to gain popularity..ha ha man.

And again..what is wrong with Adam Silver?

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Talking about not thinking thoughts through:

-Commissioner CANNOT suspend a player because of suspicion of steroids. There has to be positive proof.

-Manfred did not suspend a "couple" of managers. He suspended one.

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Talking about not thinking thoughts through:

-Commissioner CANNOT suspend a player because of suspicion of steroids. There has to be positive proof.

-Manfred did not suspend a "couple" of managers. He suspended one.

I never said anything about "suspicions of PEDs use" let's quote me correctly. 

Regardless of it being one manager (it was  manager n a GM) two managers, a ball boy and a hot dog vendor..the reality is Manfred is catching heat for his handling of the Astros situation...opposite of what this thread wants you to believe.

5 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I never said anything about "suspicions of PEDs use" let's quote me correctly. 

Regardless of it being one manager (it was  manager n a GM) two managers, a ball boy and a hot dog vendor..the reality is Manfred is catching heat for his handling of the Astros situation...opposite of what this thread wants you to believe.

Ummm- yes you did: "If you can suspect players for PED's use in baseball you can suspend them for this.....

Yes, it was only one manager. Glad you corrected  yourself.

I only pointed out your inability to be correct, because YOU have been chastising others about supposedly being wrong. 

On 2/23/2020 at 9:05 PM, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Rob Manfred performed an honest investigation, told the truth and is getting killed for it,  Roger destroyed the evidence, never told the full story and got away with it - surprised non of the media has made this connection... 

The pats* filmed the sidelines and were stealing signs - the Astros/players are getting labeled as the worst thing is sports... how did the pats* get away with the same cheating? really don't see how what the pats* did is different from the Astros yet the reaction is very different...

Is baseball more knoble? or did Roger protect the shield by hiding the truth?

Discuss? 

I think you hit the nail on the head. The media, as usual....Has been complicit in a cover up. The tapes and spygate were not the only story. There was also a second set of illegal frequencies found in Brady's helmet which continued without interruption after the NFL's official signal was cut off. Now ask yourself, is that NOT the biggest story? Absolute power corrupts absolutely. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Ummm- yes you did: "If you can suspect players for PED's use in baseball you can suspend them for this.....

Yes, it was only one manager. Glad you corrected  yourself.

I only pointed out your inability to be correct, because YOU have been chastising others about supposedly being wrong. 

Yea, I am going to need you to one, quote me correctly and two. Stop being petty. Nothing i said-said anything about the "commissioner" suspending players for PED use. I said "baseball" and nothing i said, said anything about "suspicion" of PED use..those were your words. Not mine. Baseball does suspend players for first time use. Everything else is just you being petty, far worse gets said between you guys here on daily bases.

• Thumb Down 1

On 2/25/2020 at 9:19 AM, ghost_in_pads02 said:

The 07 giants did the same thing to the high scoring Pats in the SB. So by your logic that means the giants knew the Pats plays.

Possible - I have no issues calling the giants cheaters :) they did play them late in the season...

I also have to commend you for hanging in this thread - good fun

23 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Actually you couldn't suspend the players and the MLB didnt suspend the first round of PED users.

You cant suspend those who cheated because they were given immunity when the investigation started.

They had to give them immunity otherwise the investigation would have been useless and wouldn't have told them anything.  We wouldn't have found out any details about the cheating without players being offered immunity.  

Boston has gone from the only team since the Black Sox to be caught cheating on an organizational level once to twice?  Remember when Sox fans cried that ARod was a cheater?  And that was pre PED use, LOL

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2020 at 3:05 AM, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Rob Manfred performed an honest investigation, told the truth and is getting killed for it,  Roger destroyed the evidence, never told the full story and got away with it - surprised non of the media has made this connection... 

The pats* filmed the sidelines and were stealing signs - the Astros/players are getting labeled as the worst thing is sports... how did the pats* get away with the same cheating? really don't see how what the pats* did is different from the Astros yet the reaction is very different...

Discuss? 

My opinion? Shortsightedness. Manfred is getting killed for something that happened recently. 

Rogers is going to go down in history as the guy who destroyed tapes, destroyed the credibility of the league and by rewarding cheaters for since 2006. 

10 years from now Manfred will be one of the most beloved Commissioner's in history, and he'll be the standard for when it comes to integrity. 

Im not saying he's doing everything right, but no one will respect Goodell in terms of the integrity of the game. Has the league made billions on top of billions since he's become commish? Yes. Owners will love him for that, but the fan, the folks who spend their money and their time rooting for a team that they always felt had no chance against the Patriots and Kraft Productions will always know. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2020 at 10:19 AM, nyjunc said:

He hated mangini long before he reported them.  His hated that Eric went to the Jets because he hated us so much.

Yes that was part of it but Belichick also knew that since Mangina was going to a division rival he would play twice per season he would be more likely to report the systemic cheating

it’s different than Romeo going to coach the Chiefs or Weis not even going to a NFL team

On 2/25/2020 at 10:42 AM, ghost_in_pads02 said:

And Roger Goodell is a clown? Emm the owners extended his contract, they'll probably get what they want out of the CBA n the players union and you are still watching n supporting the NFL product that he commissions...

Yea and HE IS the clown.

Goodell is a puppet of the owners.  He is a terrible commissioner there is arbitrary and capricious accountability of players.  The pats get away with whatever they want, Tyreek Hill beats his kids nothing happens to him, Ray Rice would have had a wrist slap if that tape hadn’t gotten out and the rules favor offense, offense offense

If it wasn’t for Adam Silver Roger Goodell would be the most incompetent commissioner around

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2020 at 10:36 AM, ghost_in_pads02 said:

He looks like a clown now!?! What are you picking and choosing what you want to believe (per usual)

You have players speaking out left and right people asking for him to be fired..but yet some of the jet Faithful are praising him cause he suspended a couple managers...

Man while the NFL continues to gain popularity..ha ha man.

And again..what is wrong with Adam Silver?

Oh I forgot your a patriots fan you must love Goodell

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yes that was part of it but Belichick also knew that since Mangina was going to a division rival he would play twice per season he would be more likely to report the systemic cheating

it’s different than Romeo going to coach the Chiefs or Weis not even going to a NFL team

He didn't have a problem with Flores going to the dolphins.  It had to do with his hatred of the Jets, an organization that have him a HC job when no one would, an organization that have him a million dollar bonus to stay as DC when no one was interested in him as a HC. I get that he was pissed with the Gutman thing but that came about because of the sloppy way he jilted us (which had more to do with Parcells).

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

this deserves a bump.

How come the Astros are the scum of the earth in the media and around baseball but the Patriots cheat for two decades and no one gives a sh*t? 

IDK what the answer is but Goodell is nothing but a Himbo and lap dog for Kraft the defacto NFL CEO.

10 minutes ago, PS17 said:

this deserves a bump.

How come the Astros are the scum of the earth in the media and around baseball but the Patriots cheat for two decades and no one gives a sh*t? 

Worse yet is the whole New orleans thing, the bounty bit which has been around the NFL for years (dirty little secret) and everyone and their dog is suspended for a year because the buck stops here.

Belli if not directly involved created a total cheating culture and he gets nothing.

What always bothered me about the spygate punishments is that the league handed out its punishments before it visited Foxboro. Then it went up there, conducted an investigation, found a library of videos so bad they had to be destroyed, yet did not increase the penalties? That made no sense to me. Why were they not punished for what was uncovered and destroyed at Foxboro?

If the tapes weren't incriminating, they wouldn't have been destroyed. If they were incriminating, there should have been an increase in penalties.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

What always bothered me about the spygate punishments is that the league handed out its punishments before it visited Foxboro. Then it went up there, conducted an investigation, found a library of videos so bad they had to be destroyed, yet did not increase the penalties? That made no sense to me. Why were they not punished for what was uncovered and destroyed at Foxboro?

If the tapes weren't incriminating, they wouldn't have been destroyed. If they were incriminating, there should have been an increase in penalties.

Another fishy incident. I always thought Deflategate was a little overblown. But if the league determined that the Patriots cheated, how come Brady wasn't suspended for the Super Bowl against the Seahawks? Why wait until the offseason to levy the punishment? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure I understand.  Are you saying they should be contracted as in consolidated into the league, like getting rid of the team?  Given some kind of contract?  Contracting coronavirus?

The opposite of expansion.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

....the Astros/players are getting labeled as the worst thing is sports...

Because they are. 

A number of their players should have received Pete Rose-style lifetime bans.

The Astros were let off VERY easy, all things considered.

Is baseball more knoble?

Kyes kthey kare.  

or did Roger protect the shield by hiding the truth?

Yes.  Protecting the Shield, like a good businessman.

2 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

hillary-clinton-laughing.jpg?w=598&h=337

On 2/24/2020 at 6:07 AM, Biggs said:

The Yankees create way more shared revenue than the Astros for MLB owners.  The NFL owners shared revenue doesn't come from local TV rights, it all comes from national contracts.  

You screw a big market team in MLB you've screwed league revenue.   The Astros screwed Dady Warbucks.  

ok but I'm still not feeling sorry for the Yankees.

Discuss? 

Protect Brady's balls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/29/2020 at 5:00 PM, Warfish said:

Because they are. 

A number of their players should have received Pete Rose-style lifetime bans.

The Astros were let off VERY easy, all things considered.

Kyes kthey kare.  

Yes.  Protecting the Shield, like a good businessman.

Ok, couple of follow ups 

Do you think the cheating the astros and pats* did was similar, same or totally different?

Do you think astros or pats* got off easier? I think my point (before the virus really started) was the astros were getting killed but the pats* seem to have gotten off easier... 

2 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Ok, couple of follow ups 

Do you think the cheating the astros and pats* did was similar, same or totally different?

Do you think astros or pats* got off easier? I think my point (before the virus really started) was the astros were getting killed but the pats* seem to have gotten off easier... 

I refuse to debate the smell of two different piles of dogsh*t.  I think my previous post speaks for itself as is.

• Sympathy 1

On 6/29/2020 at 2:30 PM, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Goodell has been covering up for his precious patriots since 2006.  He still hasn’t announced what PEDs America’s darling Julian Edelman tested positive for that resulted in a 4 game suspension 

There is an in group and out group of owners in the nfl.  It’s like High School.  Kraft, Bisciotti, the Maras and Rooneys and then there is our guy Woody sitting by himself the nerdy kids won’t even talk to him

• Upvote 1

Discuss? 

Manfred couldn't destroy them. You can literally pull up nationally televised game footage and hear them banging a garbage can. He wishes he could have deleted and walked away. He half assed the punishment as bed as Rodger