Combine measurement s

Doggin94it

14 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Aiyuk has an 80 inch wingspan :shock:

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1231941503322382336?s=20

That's the same size as the much taller Chase Claypool

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1231943680895934464?s=20

It was freakish.  Denzel Mims measured in at 78.5” at 6’2”,  same length as Collin Johnson who was 6’5”.   

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It was freakish.  Denzel Mims measured in at 78.5” at 6’2”,  same length as Collin Johnson who was 6’5”.   

i have such a draft crush on mims.. I would loveee to land him in the 3rd if we could, i just have a feeling theres going to be a BIG run on WR in round 2 this year.

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s why you take him at 48 and don’t look back. 

18 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Im leaning that way right now.  Want to see him at the combine just to see him comparably to the other guys, but the more i watch the more i like. 

Yeah, I think its hard not to go OT and WR in Rd's 1 and 2- pretty much no matter what. I don't care at this point if we go OT in Rd. 1 and WR in Rd. 2 or WR in Rd. 1 and OT in Rd. 2. But if we address those two positions in the first two rounds that's a great start to the draft. I think the Jets will get a shot at one of Aiyuk, Higgins, Jefferson or Mims and I would not mind any one of them in Rd. 2. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As I said in another thread, the only way Douglas can screw up at Wr this year is if he takes only one or none.  There are so many good looking WRs out there.

February 2014....  

the only way Idzik can screw up at Wr this year is if he takes only one or none.  There are so many good looking WRs out there

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

February 2014....  

I am making one clear assumption, that being that Douglas is not a total dumbass.

We will know pretty well 100% for sure after this fa and draft whether he is the upgrade we all hope for or is the same old lousy jets gm.

Also that Idzik draft was no where near this draft for Wr quality imo.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am making one clear assumption, that being that Douglas is not a total dumbass.

We will know pretty well 100% for sure after this fa and draft whether he is the upgrade we all hope for or is the same old lousy jets gm.

Also that Idzik draft was no where near this draft for Wr quality imo.

I am betting that we don't.  I am expecting a 2006 style class.  A bunch of solid hard working team captains that love the game. I don't think I am going to like Douglas' "eye test" not concentrating on athleticism drafting, but I am hopeful that the culture change works out.

Also, I think it is wishful thinking to expect this draft to outpace 2014.  Evans, Beckham, Davante Adams, Robinson and Landry are all pretty much monsters.  Watkins, Cooks,  Jordan Matthews, John Brown, and Kelvin Benjamin are all considered sketchy or done now, but early on they were very highly thought of and got big contracts.  Guys like Moncrief, Enunwa, Marquise Lee, Richardson, Martavis Bryant, Ryan Grant missed out on a big contract because the Ravens got cold feet, failed his physical and signed Crabtree. 

I can see looking at all the shiny pieces and thinking this draft will be better for WR,   but "no where near this draft for Wr quality?"  I think that opinion is pretty far out there.  Maybe it will be better.  It probably won't, but I can't imagine it being so far out in front.  I think it's like saying that the 1983 draft was nowhere near the 2018 draft for QB quality.

19 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Can’t wait to see him standing next to all the other o-linemen during drills.  

I can't wait to see how he performs in the drills....it will give me my final yea or nay but I think he will look good. I honestly thought he would weigh in a little lighter but he's just that big and doesn't even look fat.

Also saw that Thomas checked in with arms over 36". What a great year to need a LT.  

• Upvote 3

On 2/24/2020 at 3:37 PM, RobR said:

I've been saying since the beginning that he's not a WR at the next level. Good for him that he's putting on more weight and transitioning to a position that he's better suited at.

Wholeheartedly agree. Never looked like a WR to me. Good for him. Worked for Waller.

12 minutes ago, derp said:

Have to imagine he’s going to test well, otherwise he should’ve come in way, way lighter. Maybe a 5.2 and a 28-30” vert wish some solid agility showings?

For me it is 100% on how he does in the agility drills. If he nails it, I could see him as a top 5 pick and the number one OT off the board but if he struggles he'll probably be the 4th or 5th OT picked. Personally I think he's going to have a great combine. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

For me it is 100% on how he does in the agility drills. If he nails it, I could see him as a top 5 pick and the number one OT off the board but if he struggles he'll probably be the 4th or 5th OT picked. Personally I think he's going to have a great combine. 

Yeah I think he’s going to have a great combine as well. Agility drills are definitely huge for the OL. I don’t think he’s in play at eleven in most scenarios (he either moves way too well at that size and he’s gone or he’s Orlando Brown Jr and I don’t think he slips to the third but he’s realistic at eleven - especially for a zone heavy team). Maybe there’s something in the middle.

Curious where he lands if he blows up as the early Gettleman rumors are for Wirfs and 5/6/7 are all possible QB teams. Maybe he falls to ten? Hard to get a feel for this OL class.

I think the Jets end up coming away with Thomas at eleven or maybe even after a move down. Fun draft year.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, derp said:

Yeah I think he’s going to have a great combine as well. Agility drills are definitely huge for the OL. I don’t think he’s in play at eleven in most scenarios (he either moves way too well at that size and he’s gone or he’s Orlando Brown Jr and I don’t think he slips to the third but he’s realistic at eleven - especially for a zone heavy team). Maybe there’s something in the middle.

Curious where he lands if he blows up as the early Gettleman rumors are for Wirfs and 5/6/7 are all possible QB teams. Maybe he falls to ten? Hard to get a feel for this OL class.

I think the Jets end up coming away with Thomas at eleven or maybe even after a move down. Fun draft year.

Pretty much agree with the exceptions that he is no Orlando Brown just based off of tape and will test and look like he is from a different universe than Brown. I also think Thomas falling to 11 is a pipe dream but crazier things have happened. 

Can't wait until the Friday combine when we can see these guys doing the kick slide and the change of direction going straight back drill(not sure what it's called).

Yeah I’m pumped for the combine. I kind of liked Brown on tape, thought he was a measurements faller. Think it seems like the league is overthinking Thomas but been wrong before. Also think this is a strong class. Three QB’s before eleven, Young, Okudah, Brown, Simmons, Jeudy and Lamb are live - OL need to fall in somewhere but I think someone falls and Thomas kind of seems like the guy. Maybe not.

23 hours ago, RobR said:

Good god! We all knew he was a huge man but just seeing those numbers brings it all into perspective.

And yet, he's not nearly the biggest dude out there.  Taylor is much lighter, but look at his hand and wingspan tape.

Player Pos. Height Weight Hand Arm Wingspan School
Mekhi Becton OL 6-7 3/8" 364 10 3/4" 35 5/8" 83 1/4" Louisville
Alex Taylor OL 6-8 3/8" 308 11 1/4" 36 1/8" 88" South Carolina St.

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And yet, he's not nearly the biggest dude out there.  Taylor is much lighter, but look at his hand and wingspan tape.

Mekhi Becton OL 6-7 3/8" 364 10 3/4" 35 5/8" 83 1/4" Louisville
Alex Taylor OL 6-8 3/8" 308 11 1/4" 36 1/8" 88" South Carolina St.

Yep, lots of guys strutting the 34" and longer arms this year. In regards to Taylor he pretty much sucks and is not someone I would be looking to draft but his wingspan is insane.

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Yep, lots of guys strutting the 34" and longer arms this year. In regards to Taylor he pretty much sucks and is not someone I would be looking to draft but his wingspan is insane.

With that build, I'd almost think he'd be a better DL.  He could knock down anything within 5 yards of him.