IF the Jets send Adams and a 6th round pick to the Baltimore Ravens for Matthew Judon and pick 28

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Orrrr. We just sign Yannik to the same deal we’d give Judon. Keep Jamal. And draft our OL at 11. 

Whos with me? Anyone? Anyone?

We just sign Yannik to the same deal we’d give Judon. Trade Jamal to Dallas For pick 17 and a 4Th, draft 2 OL at 11 and 17 and use the 2nd on a WR, the 2 three’s on a cb and dare I say, a safety. 

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

So basically 

Ravens get - Jamal Adams and 6th

Jets get - Thomas OT, Jefferson WR, and Judon DE

1 starter for 3 starters? 

As much as some people love Jamal. Why would anyone oppose this scenario? 

Love Jamal, dont  want him to be traded - would do this deal in one second.  

Zero chance Baltimore would do it.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JTJet said:

So basically 

I am not a "love Jamal" guy and I don't like it.  The answer is simple.  Money.  1st of all, the Jets are not "getting" 11 in this scenario.  They have 11.  Whether they do this deal or not.  I don't know much about Jefferson yet, but I am not impressed with "3 starters."  I remember when Idzik drafted 6 starters in 2013.  Color me unimpressed.  They aren't getting Judon.  They are getting one year of Judon at an exhorbitant price.  More than I would pay for him on the open market. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not a "love Jamal" guy and I don't like it.  The answer is simple.  Money.  1st of all, the Jets are not "getting" 11 in this scenario.  They have 11.  Whether they do this deal or not.  I don't know much about Jefferson yet, but I am not impressed with "3 starters."  I remember when Idzik drafted 6 starters in 2013.  Color me unimpressed.  They aren't getting Judon.  They are getting one year of Judon at an exhorbitant price.  More than I would pay for him on the open market. 

I corrected myself long ago. 

Still, point remains. We would get 2 starters for 1 essentially. 

Comparing any other GM to Idzik is like trying to travel into deep space while comparing space shuttles to a used condom. 

13 hours ago, JTJet said:

I corrected myself long ago. 

Still, point remains. We would get 2 starters for 1 essentially. 

Comparing any other GM to Idzik is like trying to travel into deep space while comparing space shuttles to a used condom. 

and I wrote that post 10 hours ago.  God knows when I started it because Ape's post saying the same thing wasn't up yet and it says that was from 12 hours ago.

2 starters for one is not a big deal.  We don't just need starters.  Do you know who the starters were on this team? Darryl Roberts, Alex Lewis, Neville Hewitt and James Burgess started the bulk of the games.

Comparing any other GM to Idzik is like comparing space shuttles to a used condom?  Which one is Maccagnan?  There is a thread comparing them and they seem kind of similar to me.

All of the above is irrelevant.  As I said, the issue is the money.  Paying Judon the franchise figure it not something I am interested in, let alone giving up an asset for the privilege.  It would be nice to get 28, but I'd rather have another Edge guy locked up, than spend $20M for one year of Judon and be in the same predicament next year.  Adams is under team control for 2 years.  I am not trading him for a free agent and a pick at the bottom of the round.  

44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

and I wrote that post 10 hours ago.  God knows when I started it because Ape's post saying the same thing wasn't up yet and it says that was from 12 hours ago.

2 starters for one is not a big deal.  We don't just need starters.  Do who starters were on this team? Darryl Roberts, Alex Lewis, Neville Hewitt and James Burgess started the bulk of the games.

Comparign any other GM to Idzik is like comparing space shuttles to a used condom?  Which one is Maccagnan?  There is a thread comparing them and they seem kind of similar to me.

All of the above is irrelevant.  As I said, the issue is the money.  Paying Judon the franchise figure it not something I am interested in, let alone giving up an asset for the privilege.  It would be nice to get 28, but I'd rather have another Edge guy locked up, than spend $20M for one year of Judon and be in the same predicament next year.  Adams is under team control for 2 years.  I am not trading him for a free agent and a pick at the bottom of the round.  

Well I meant current GMs, but Mac is also another used condom. And I mean the kind that came out of a quarter vending machine in a truck stop bathroom...

But fair point, I would agree with you. I am just looking at it from a risk/reward/timing standpoint. That pick may be at the end of the 1st round but it raises our chances of a quality player (if JD can draft l), and we get another quality player back as well, both probably at positions more in need than safety. 

Personally I dont think Jamal should be let go for less than 2 1st rd picks. But reality is that's most likely not going to happen. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Well I meant current GMs, but Mac is also another used condom. And I mean the kind that came out of a quarter vending machine in a truck stop bathroom...

But fair point, I would agree with you. I am just looking at it from a risk/reward/timing standpoint. That pick may be at the end of the 1st round but it raises our chances of a quality player (if JD can draft l), and we get another quality player back as well, both probably at positions more in need than safety. 

Personally I dont think Jamal should be let go for less than 2 1st rd picks. But reality is that's most likely not going to happen. 

Giving the Ravens something for Judon is a loss.  It would be like getting something for Robby Anderson.  They are good players, but not worth the tag.  I'm not doing Adams for 28.  He is worth more, or the same next year after we get another cheap season out of him.

• Upvote 2

For all the people thinking this is a good idea:

The purpose of moving Adams is to get him off the books before he demands a huge contract.  Giving Matt Judon a huge contract sort of defeats the purpose.  We don't want to take the Dallas first for Adams, and we are going to take #28?  I wouldn't trade our 6th for Matt Judon on the tag straight up.  In fact, I don't think I would take Matt Judon and the tag, plus their 6th.  Am I underrating Judon that much?  It's possible, but I doubt it.

So basically 
Draft picks are not guaranteed starters. Judon is not as good as Jamal Adams. The Thomas pick in this scenario is with the number 11 pick which belongs to us so that does not count toward the number. Essentially we get judon and Jefferson (who we could likely have with our second round pick if we wanted him) for Adams basically what this scenario does is gets us another Jordan Jenkins at the cost of Jamal Adams. This trade does not make our team better...sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Draft picks are not guaranteed starters. Judon is not as good as Jamal Adams. The Thomas pick in this scenario is with the number 11 pick which belongs to us so that does not count toward the number. Essentially we get judon and Jefferson (who we could likely have with our second round pick if we wanted him) for Adams basically what this scenario does is gets us another Jordan Jenkins at the cost of Jamal Adams. This trade does not make our team better...sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Please read the whole thread. 

On 2/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, jetstream23 said:

I’d want more or wouldn’t want to include the 6th rounder.

Judon is tagged. Jamal will be under contract for 2 more years with no tag needed.

Jamal for Judon and #28. Now we’re talking. 

Yeah look I’m not the biggest Jamal fan but he is a hell of a player, young, and under contract for a couple more years.  If we are gonna trade him it has to be a home run.  I would want a first and a good player like a good OL or defender coming back.  If we are doing it for picks we need to get at least a first and second 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1