Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Which five Jets will eat up the most resources and return the least for their money ??? 

1. Trumaine Johnson (OUCH... JUST OUCH !!!)

2. Winters - Cut him and save 7.5 million against the cap

3. Josh Bellamy - Cut him and save 2.5 million against the cap

4. Darryl Roberts - Cut him and save 6 million against the cap

5. Avery Williamson - Cut him lose and save 6.5 million against the cap

OK... Time to get out the salt... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’d only cut the first four. Williamson has done nothing but good things for us while he’s been on the field and he deserves a chance to team up with CJ Mosely and form a scary LBer core.

I’d wave bye to the rest and get on with the OL signings.

I like Williamson too, but not sure if keeping him is worth passing up the chance to free up 6.5 million in cap space.  I think it will be a tuff choice for JD. I'm on the fence... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

I like Williamson too, but not sure if keeping him is worth passing up the chance to free up 6.5 million in cap space.  I think it will be a tuff choice for JD. I'm on the fence... 

What’s an extra 6.5 million when you are freeing up nearly 16 million just on three of the players mentioned above? The Jets will have the money to upgrade plenty of these positions without sacrificing a good player in Avery Williamson.

  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

What’s an extra 6.5 million when you are freeing up nearly 16 million just on three of the players mentioned above? The Jets will have the money to upgrade plenty of these positions without sacrificing a good player in Avery Williamson.

I guess you are right, yeah... I'm just thinking with CJ back, if their new addition Cashman comes back from injury and can stay healthy, they have enough manpower if they want to move on from Williamson.  Probably the smart/safe play to keep Williamson based on the quality of play last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot depends on what FAs we can attract.  If we are able to bring in more than one stud and we need that last $6.5MM to make it fit under the cap, go for it.  I'd cut Williamson loose if it was necessary to afford a guy like Conklin.  But if we can't even reach the cap, what's the point of cutting a good player?  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

What’s an extra 6.5 million when you are freeing up nearly 16 million just on three of the players mentioned above? The Jets will have the money to upgrade plenty of these positions without sacrificing a good player in Avery Williamson.

that may be but his position is full especially with mosely coming back and that 6.5 million can be allocated elsewhere.  it's too bad for williamson but good for the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rangerous said:

that may be but his position is full especially with mosely coming back and that 6.5 million can be allocated elsewhere.  it's too bad for williamson but good for the team.

CJ was just out the entire year,  Cashman still isn’t ready to start and he has his injury history too. I just think the smart thing is to not assume that MLB is stacked and keep the guys we have.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

CJ was just out the entire year,  Cashman still isn’t ready to start and he has his injury history too. I just think the smart thing is to not assume that MLB is stacked and keep the guys we have.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Quincy Enunwa is still out to lunch - his agent will be telling that funny contract story for years

 

Remember that time he didn’t show up to his job and he was mad about being disciplined and try to get sympathy by saying he took his wife out to eat.....ahh the good ole days 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Yankees got a better deal on Jacob Ellsbury than we got on Trumaine Johnson.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

CJ Measly

Trumaine Johnson

Brian Winters

LeVeon Bell

Quincy Enunwa

 

 

 

Actually, accurate.  We all like CJ, Bell and Enunwa and expected big things, but for they money they cost, they returned very little.  

Winters was below average to begin with and then the injuries saw him become a liability on the field

Trumaine Johnson sucked even before he was injured.  One of the worst FA deals in Jet history.

Enunwa was quite productive *when* not injured, but he cant stay on the field.  I still want to give props to QE for still trying to coming back from that scary neck injury.  That takes balls and hard work.

CJ was a one man defense for half a game and then, ouch ! I *REALLY* hope he comes back and can stay on the field.  This is a KEY player.  

Bell not so well suited to run behind a line that is both poor in talent and not well matched in blocking scheme to suit is reactive style.  Even if Douglas does well bringing in talent for the offensive line, Gase STILL has to get his head out of his ass with respect to blocking scheme.  I don't think he can/will.  Sad state of affairs... 

All those guys like 'em or not soaked up a lot of money and returned very little...

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Remember that time he didn’t show up to his job and he was mad about being disciplined and try to get sympathy by saying he took his wife out to eat.....ahh the good ole days 

At least he didn't say.... "I'm rich" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...