Joe Douglas Says He Wants Jamal Adams to be a New York Jet for Life

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

but is a complete liability in coverage. 

What the hell ??? He's quite skilled in coverage.  He does real good vs. TE's and ball carriers.   He's not a match for the corner, but he is as good as you can ask for covering the part of the field you would expect a SS to occupy. The flat, shallow seam and slot... 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The difference is none of those guys were demanding extensions. Jamal is pulling a Revis. He wants his money now.  If we don't give him a ridiculously overpriced contract, I guarantee you he holds out. 

Um... Jalen Ramsey was repeatedly demanding an extension.  I don't remember Fitzpatrick requesting one, but he was only in his 2nd season.  Adams won't hold out.  Khalil Mack was demanding money.  He was actually holding out.  It doesn't seem to have been too detrimental to what the Raiders got back.  Not only was Ramsey requesting money, he fought with the coach on the sideline and reportedly was complaining about/refusing to play zone.  Minkah Fitzpatrick was complaining about his role to the press.  So was his Mama on twitter. 

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Stop moving the goalpost here. 

I just gave you exactly what you said didnt happen, and then you change the parameters. 

With that being said, Ramsey was demanding more money and so was Fitzpatrick. They just were not doing so as publicly as Jamal "Social Media Master" Adams was. 

Teams are starting to trade all the time for players without contracts in place, and they do so by giving up premium picks. And of all those scenarios I listed, we have more leverage than any of those other teams did. 

More publicized?  Short memory.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Not this year.  IMO, he comes to camp and plays good soldier this year.  I think next year is his holdout year.  Just like Mack. 

I agree. There is no way he holds out this year because that would be ridiculous....right? His emotion and ego concerns me though. He has the potential to be a huge problem/headache but I’d like to live in fantasy land and imagine that won’t happen. 

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Not this year.  IMO, he comes to camp and plays good soldier this year.  I think next year is his holdout year.  Just like Mack. 

He had a public meltdown at midseason over a rumor that Joe Douglas took a phone call from Jerry Jones. It was a tantrum that lasted a full week. His entire social media oeuvre is dedicated to entitlement and delusional self-glorification. What about Jamal Adams, exactly, gives you the impression he’s going to do something that isn’t directly in the interest of Jamal Adams? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Um... Jalen Ramsey was repeatedly demanding an extension.  I don't remember Fitzpatrick requesting one, but he was only in his 2nd season.  Adams won't hold out.  Khalil Mack was demanding money.  He was actually holding out.  It doesn't seem to have been too detrimental to what the Raiders got back.  Not only was Ramsey requesting money, he fought with the coach on the sideline and reportedly was complaining about/refusing to play zone.  Minkah Fitzpatrick was complaining about his role to the press.  So was his Mama on twitter. 

More publicized?  Short memory.

Fair lol. I forgot about that. 

My point still stands proven though. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Dont let the haters influence what you know and see with your own eyes.  What Jamal brings to the table is crazy valuable and there really isnt anyone else in the league that can make plays at every level of the defense like Jamal.  He's the best utility weapon on D in the league.  Line him up anywhere and he excels.  He's a nightmare to game plan for because every single QB in the league has to find 33 before the ball is snapped.

Dude is incredible. 

I picture JA as more of a Monster position than a SS. Im sure Gregggg has had fun scheming up chit for the Prez.

20 minutes ago, SR24 said:

This is usually all of us after the Jets get off the clock in the 1st round 

I had that look everytime we took a safety with a high pick. Calvin Pryor? WTF!, Jamal Adams with Deshaun Watson on the board? WTF (And I love Adams!), Marcus Maye? WTF is with these freaking safeties is what I'm thinking! 

Its like people forget we had a top 5 defense with Jim Leonard & Eric Smith playing safety. 

Jamal Adams didn't draft himself so I can't hate on him. I don't think he's going anywhere & it's gonna be pretty interesting what his role will be with the return of CJ Mosely who was f*cking GREAT for 1 half of football. 

Together, healthy? GW is grinning ear to ear. Get him 1 CB & an edge Rusher & we could win a lot of games with a great offensive draft. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He's not a liability in coverage.  He had the 4th best coverage grade among safeties in the league last year.  He was also very good the year before in coverage.

How many times are people going to try and use this completely inaccurate narrative to disparage him?

If you don't think a safety is worth a big contract that's fine.  I can understand that argument.  The "no impact" or "bad in coverage" is just tired and basically completely fabricated.

You're totally right and I should have done more research on his coverage stats he greatly improved from his rookie year. However my views on moving him for draft assets is still the best course of action in my opinion. I like Jamal and he's a hell of a player but we have more pressing needs than resigning a strong safety who doesn't generate many turnovers to a monster deal! 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

You're totally right and I should have done more research on his coverage stats he greatly improved from his rookie year. However my views on moving him for draft assets is still the best course of action in my opinion. I like Jamal and he's a hell of a player but we have more pressing needs than resigning a strong safety who doesn't generate many turnovers to a monster deal! 

I am also on board with trading him if the opportunity presents itself.  The much rumored Cowboys 17 overall a 3rd and maybe one other sweetener would be hard to turn down.

32 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Idk man after the way he melted down at the deadline this past year, topped on with how bad this teams been I could totally see him holding out. 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am also on board with trading him if the opportunity presents itself.  The much rumored Cowboys 17 overall a 3rd and maybe one other sweetener would be hard to turn down.

In a draft loaded with OL+WR talent, a team with minimal talent at either position would really benefit from adding an extra 1st and a 3rd, 3rd round pick+ whatever else they could get. I'd probably just take 17 and 82 and call it a day tbh 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Or I'd trade him for La'el Collins and a 3rd. We get a franchise RT and an extra pick, they get a stud safety both teams win. Collins is actually strangely affordable. Thomas at 11 and we've got 2 young studs on the outside 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He's not a liability in coverage.  He had the 4th best coverage grade among safeties in the league last year.  He was also very good the year before in coverage.

How many times are people going to try and use this completely inaccurate narrative to disparage him?

If you don't think a safety is worth a big contract that's fine.  I can understand that argument.  The "no impact" or "bad in coverage" is just tired and basically completely fabricated.

He has a high PFF coverage grade, but he was only in man coverage on something like 14% of his snaps, which inflates his fugazi coverage “grade.” Greg Williams put him in the box because that’s where his talents are. If a new DC came in and tried to use Jamal like KC uses Mathieu or New England uses McCourty, Adams would get destroyed. He’s only “versatile” in the sense that he’s a defensive back who plays linebacker. He *should* be able to run with most TEs and backs. But a truly “versatile” safety is a guy you can put in man to man on the slot receiver. Go rewatch the first Dolphins game and the Bengals game. Fitzpatrick and Dalton went to town throwing the ball wherever Jamal Adams was supposed to be. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Dont let the haters influence what you know and see with your own eyes.  What Jamal brings to the table is crazy valuable and there really isnt anyone else in the league that can make plays at every level of the defense like Jamal.  He's the best utility weapon on D in the league.  Line him up anywhere and he excels.  He's a nightmare to game plan for because every single QB in the league has to find 33 before the ball is snapped.

Dude is incredible. 

Not to those who just hate him for not spelling his name Mahomes.  

Then his sack totals become trivial, his coverage skills become nonexistent, leadership skills are ridiculed and TO totals become the only talking point

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He is almost never actually asked to  cover anyone.

One plays proves what?  A play that didnt even count.  

Think theres a S, a player, anywhere at any position who hasn't been beaten once?

That proves to you that he's "almost never asked to cover anyone"???? 

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Go rewatch the first Dolphins game and the Bengals game. Fitzpatrick and Dalton went to town throwing the ball wherever Jamal Adams was supposed to be. 

Watch the Dolphin game.  Go ahead

And the Bengals game?  When he was hurt on the first series of the game?  But yes watch it and you'll get an idea of what the defense would look without Adams.  Especially a week later when Jamal sat out

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He had a public meltdown at midseason over a rumor that Joe Douglas took a phone call from Jerry Jones. It was a tantrum that lasted a full week. His entire social media oeuvre is dedicated to entitlement and delusional self-glorification. What about Jamal Adams, exactly, gives you the impression he’s going to do something that isn’t directly in the interest of Jamal Adams? 

I think even if he didn't hold out, he would absolutely be a pain in the ass if he didn't get paid. 

However, I think he's getting paid . . . 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Watch the Dolphin game.  Go ahead

And the Bengals game?  When he was hurt on the first series of the game?  But yes watch it and you'll get an idea of what the defense would look without Adams.  Especially a week later when Jamal sat out

I thought the game we missed him the most was the Ravens game. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Jamal Adams is a special player and the Jets would be fools to trade him.  He is type of player we need to get not trade away.

Agree 100%. He's the leader of the defense, and perhaps the leader of this team (amongst the players). He can do everything... we didn't have an edge rusher this year and somehow our strong safety became one. He's only getting better and seems like he might have that spidey sense thing Polamalu had where he just knew what was going to happen before the ball was snapped on pure instinct.

I believe it was Ike Taylor who said on Pat McAfee's podcast that Troy never told anyone what he knew, and the only reasonable explanation is that he must have had Jesus whispering the play in his ear every down. I'm pretty sure Jesus is talking to Jamal too. That's worth whatever you have to pay for it. 

• Sympathy 1

He has a high PFF coverage grade, but he was only in man coverage on something like 14% of his snaps, which inflates his fugazi coverage “grade.” Greg Williams put him in the box because that’s where his talents are. If a new DC came in and tried to use Jamal like KC uses Mathieu or New England uses McCourty, Adams would get destroyed. He’s only “versatile” in the sense that he’s a defensive back who plays linebacker. He *should* be able to run with most TEs and backs. But a truly “versatile” safety is a guy you can put in man to man on the slot receiver. Go rewatch the first Dolphins game and the Bengals game. Fitzpatrick and Dalton went to town throwing the ball wherever Jamal Adams was supposed to be. 
You basically reading the job description for cornerback dude .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

One plays proves what?  A play that didnt even count.  

Think theres a S, a player, anywhere at any position who hasn't been beaten once?

That proves to you that he's "almost never asked to cover anyone"???? 

I wonder what he is doing in his 400+ coverage snaps that had him lined up FS, Slot, Outside CB . Since he was never asked to cover anyone Lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets played valiantly vs the Ravens. Next to the Cowboys win, the Ravens game was the most satisfying one to watch all year

True. We played better than the final score showed. Lamar had 5 TD passed on 15 completions. A couple plays in the secondary and a couple more sacks/pressures and it's a different game. We could've been very competitive in that game with a healthy Mal. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I wonder what he is doing in his 400+ coverage snaps that had him lined up FS, Slot, Outside CB . Since he was never asked to cover anyone Lol

Never.  Remember that number.  

NEVER

Funny, sad and true all at the same time.  One of the leads in Jamal must go contingent told me what he thought the SS safety position was.  He didnt know what a SS denoted, had no clue what differentiates  a SS from a FS.  

True story,  

Just now, sameoldjetsstore said:

True. We played better than the final score showed. Lamar had 5 TD passed on 15 completions. A couple plays in the secondary and a couple more sacks/pressures and it's a different game. We could've been very competitive in that game with a healthy Mal. 

How exactly would Jamal have helped us there?